interesting quote from bono re suprises!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
U2’s world tour hits the UK in June, and Bono promised a few surprises. He said: “We’ll stick with it the way it is for the next few shows. We have other material to get working on. A few surprises to bring as the tour gets on. We tried a few things (on the first night) that didn’t always work. ‘Elevation’ went a bit south and we came off at the corners a few times with ‘The Fly’. You know, I wasn’t sure what we were before, if we were still a rock band. But when I was whacking the tambourine on ‘All Because Of You’, it felt like an old song, like we were back, like we were a rock band again. At times it was a political rally, at time it was a gospel tent, at times it was a Las Vegas show.”

Bono said:
We’ll stick with it the way it is for the next few shows. We have other material to get working on. A few surprises to bring as the tour gets on. We tried a few things (on the first night) that didn’t always work. ‘Elevation’ went a bit south and we came off at the corners a few times with ‘The Fly’. You know, I wasn’t sure what we were before, if we were still a rock band. But when I was whacking the tambourine on ‘All Because Of You’, it felt like an old song, like we were back, like we were a rock band again. At times it was a political rally, at time it was a gospel tent, at times it was a Las Vegas show.

Good to see he's taking note of Elevation and The Fly.

Elevation should've been left on the last tour - it suited that time.

When was this quote taken? The reason why I'm asking is because I was at the Staples show last night about five feet from Bono. He was banging on his tambourine with a certain rhythm during the song and I started clapping to it the whole way through. Towards the end of the song he was just shaking the tambourine to the beat. Then he looked at me and I was clapping the rhythm he had done before with my hands over my head. He smiled real big and started clapping in that rhythm again. Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm pretty sure he was looking at me. I was the only one around clapping my hands over my head in that rhythm.

Back
Top Bottom