In Person on Saturday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

northandsouth

Babyface
I'm thinking about camping out at Ticketbastard on Saturday for any northeast tickets. What is the likelihood of getting GA tickets this way? How early have people historically lined up for this?

Any comments are appreciated!!

I'm just so freaking sad.

N&S

Last time around (Elevation) I got GAs via the net. Three friends camped and did not get GAs. Thats my only expierience.

The lottery system is what most Ticketmaster outlets use in Southern NJ and Philly to aquire tickets on day of sale. They do this to try to rid people of camping out all night. People who work for the TM outlet will hand out numbered tickets to the people in line around 9 am or so. They pull ONE ticket....

That person becomes #1 and the line forms behind him/her. If you are the guy behind him, you are #2 and so on....

If you are the guy infront of him, you are the last one in the line.

WTF? DO they pick like 5 or 500? That is so scary- Maybe I am better off online?

I'm just so disheartened by this whole mess!! I miss Prop!

WTF? DO they pick like 5 or 500? That is so scary- Maybe I am better off online?

What do you mean?

They pick one number, that becomes the new line.... Everything goes from there until they are sold out

i just meant do they pick closer to the fifth person in line or more like the 500 person. either way is risky. yikes!! thanks for the info!

Regardless of todays snafus you have a better chance at the best tickets being online. In person is even a bigger hassle. Online brings its own problems but in person its an even bigger crapshoot.

The thing I hate about in person is the fucking waiting for the idiot behind the counter to type.

Another problem is the idiot buyer, TM guy brings up two seats he doesnt want, search again, most places limit searches to 2 but by that time you're fighting with all the people on the phones and the net.

It depends on where you live as well, when I lived in the Poconos only one music store in the whole county did Ticketmaster and I got front row seats for the show I wanted because I was the first and only person on line that day.

If you live in a big city though, in person sales are probably the worst, followed by the phone.

Back
Top Bottom