I'm devastated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
IF U2 comes near enough for me to see them, I KNOW I won't be able to get tickets the regular way because it's too hard. So I will be stuck dealing with scalpers/online brokers :mad: Last time I got GA tickets from this place for about $130-$150 each, and while that was steep for GA, it was not bad considering most other online brokers were selling them for much more. Just for the heck of it I checked to see what they are going for now, and I see nearly $300 :sad: If this is the price, I certainly won't get to see U2 this tour:|

:madspit: :mad: :(

http://ticketsplus.com/ResultsTicket.aspx?evtid=190605

Try ebay when the time comes. I found a San Diego GA for $220 and Mr. BAW found a Phoenix GA for $129.

Its not cheap but its better than the $300+ the brokers are asking.

Don't give up hope yet :hug:

:shocked: I just noticed some seats are going for as high as $600! :shocked: :mad: :sad:

Whose tour is this, anyway? People complain about the band and ticketmaster, what about these bastards? Isn't this crooked? Stop them! :scream: And to think how many real fans they must have beaten out to score these :down:

Bono's American Wife said:
Try ebay when the time comes. I found a San Diego GA for $220 and Mr. BAW found a Phoenix GA for $129.

Its not cheap but its better than the $300+ the brokers are asking.

Don't give up hope yet :hug:

Thanks :hug: Maybe they'll go down later, but they might go up :sigh:

When you buy on ebay don't you have to worry about bogus tickets?

Hopefully people will not pay over 200.00 for a ticket and then as the concert nears they will have to lower their prices if they want to sell them. Being patient is the best way to go.

And really I've found getting tickets on the general sale much easier than the pre-sale fiasco.

Don't give up hope yet!

I would also check TM on a regular basis. Many artists, have "ticket drops" as the concert approaches. I would go this route first, then if that doesn't work, work the parking lot the day of the show. Always people selling extra. Closer to show time, cheaper the ticket. Faith will be rewarded!!

U2Kitten said:

So far, I've had really good luck with tickets on ebay...I always check the seller's feedback and make sure they haven't changed user ID's recently. I do kind of hold my breath waiting for the tickets to arrive and I get a little nervous when I hand my ticket over at the arena, hoping its good :yikes:

And what the previous posters have told you is true...be patient and try Ticketmaster for the general sale and keep trying even when you think everything is sold out. There are also a lot of good people out there willing to sell extra tickets at face value or just a little above.

EPandAmerica said:
And really I've found getting tickets on the general sale much easier than the pre-sale fiasco.

Right. So did I. Between myself and my girlfriend, we got four GAs, so it's not as hard as it seems.

Do your due diligence in studying the Ebay seller...check his feedback, check what's he's sold, check to see what he's buying; you can also email who's bought from him and how the sale actually went; see how many items he has for sale now, any duplication of products, seat locations, etc.

Another thing, when checking an Ebay item, I usually visit the "newly listed items" because you will find that most "Buy It Now" offers have not yet been seen by other buyers,,,,its a nice place to get good bargains..

I know that there's a great bargain for a certain ticket in a certain city right now and I'm thinking about it cause its a single ticket and its only running a little over face value...that's why all the study!

Honestly, we've done very few Ebays in comparision to others here; we've got 433 Positive Feedbacks and we have NEVER been ripped off! I would like to believe that Ebayers are honest but I'm sure there are few you'd certainly steer away from....

As far as paying what I did for these tickets, I wanted BAW to get to the San Diego opener at any cost...my purchase of the Phoenix ticket was just a whim; hell, I may even sell it later on, I don't know...Good Luck!

Last edited:
i hear ya U2Kitten. i've started to accept the fact that i probably won't get to see U2 live this tour.

Be patient. There will be people backing out in the last minute due to unforseen circumstances. Check this board regularly,. Post "need 2 tickets to______ show." I bet you'll get a good ticket. I posted a "need tickets to REM show in St. Louis" and got fourth row for face value. Admittedly the REM market is vastly different than U2 (in a good way, I might) add, but you'll get a ducat if you keep probing. Be patient.

im sooo devestated and depressed too:sad: i had three comps runnin and the phone. and saw the two vancouver show sellout then the two seatle shows sell out...then went to ebay and was like wow, never will i able to afford those! im just depressed.

U2Kitten said:

The majority of sellers on e-bay are legit. Check their feedback number (preferably at least over 5 or 10 - even better if its in the 100s) and check the feedback comments. If you see a lot of negative comments either to or from the seller in their feedback then you might want to steer clear.

E-bay will always be cheaper than what the scalpers and Stubhub charge.

on the elevation tour, about 2 days before the concert i decided i wanted to try to get in the heart. i already had a reserved seat but i really really wanted to experience inside the heart at least once.

i found a GA for $85 at a local ticket broker. the week before they were $130. definitely wait till it gets closer to the date unless you find a really good deal. a few days before the concert the prices will drop to something more reasonable.

i'm glad i did cuz i ended up inside the heart right at the tip :drool:

I've already had single lowers on my screen for Philly during the course of the week (just checking for the hell of it). If you try hard enough by checking TM you should be able to come up with something.

After hearing the stories here I might just up and buy one and then sell it for face to someone on here. If there are many of y'all who would go alone, I can certainly look to pick up a single ticket and then sell it on here for face.

mikal said:
i hear ya U2Kitten. i've started to accept the fact that i probably won't get to see U2 live this tour.

:( :hug: I hope something good will come up for us.

Thanks everyone, I sure hope it will work out. I have had NO luck with the general sales, even with people helping me. Hopefully the prices will drop, the don't seem to be getting grabbed up at this time. I was shocked to see ticketsplus hike their prices so much when they were so reasonable (considering they're scalpers) last time.

:hug: all of you and good luck too!

bonosleftone said:
Dont fret on the scalpers, their prices will drop. The show is still over 4 months away.

Yah! We have to keep the faith. The way I figure it, there are so many ##### tickets offered by the "ticket brokers" that they will be forced to lower prices since only a select amount of morons (sorry) will pay over $300/ticket. Once the frenzy dies down a bit they'll be stuck with tickets. If we ALL wait until a couple weeks before, then all the more power to us!!

Tho' its so hard to sweat it out and be patient!!! :crazy: :yikes: :crazy:

You won't miss out. I know it's really stressful not to have a ticket right how, but don't give up. There are MANY avenues to get tickets to 'sold-out' shows. Fan boards ( the best option), EBay (not everyone selling there is a scalpers), Ticketmaster (more tickets will be onsale closer to the show, check everyday, ideally in the morning or around noon), and finally scalpers and brokers (whose prices will go down).

For all those cases, the closer you get to the show, the better chances you will have to get a good ticket for not too much money. Even the day of the show can be a good (although stressfull) option.

Don't say you won't be seeing U2. If you really want to, you will. But keep checking all options constantly. PATIENCE WILL BE REWARDED.

I've never paid more than face on Ebay. If you don't mind sitting up a bit and going alone, you can get a fair price on Ebay. Also, like others have said, kepp an eye out here. I got my Vegas seats last time from someone here who had a GA and wanted to sell her seats.

U2Kitten said:

Yes, you do. Any ticket that has been reported as lost or stolen, then subsequently 'canceled' by ticketmaster after it gets replaced will not get you in the door. The bar code scan will flag this ticket as you enter the venue.

This happened to me at an REM show -- ebay, broker, whatever, pay with a credit card so you can fight it out later if this happens to you.

U2Kitten said:
IF U2 comes near enough for me to see them, I KNOW I won't be able to get tickets the regular way because it's too hard. So I will be stuck dealing with scalpers/online brokers :mad: Last time I got GA tickets from this place for about $130-$150 each, and while that was steep for GA, it was not bad considering most other online brokers were selling them for much more. Just for the heck of it I checked to see what they are going for now, and I see nearly $300 :sad: If this is the price, I certainly won't get to see U2 this tour:|

:madspit: :mad: :(

http://ticketsplus.com/ResultsTicket.aspx?evtid=190605

Do you have to have GA? Or is any seat other than behind the stage an option. I've sat in nearly every position in the arena and also have been in the heart, and I don't think there is a single bad seat.

You may not get GA for the right price, but you should be able to get a ticket for the show for the price you want. It may not be the seats you want, but you'll see the show.

By the way, what show are you trying to get seats for?

Don't forget they are most likely coming back in the fall. From what's being said they are playing double the amount of cities and dates than the first leg. Keep in mind that one reason it was so hard to get tickets is you had the WHOLE country competing for only 13 cities. That's one reason the demand was so high.
A friend a ticketmaster said they usually release more tickets the day before or day of the show. Keep checking everyday. You never know!

well some of us have 4 U2 shows where we live, but won't be able to go because there's better uses for $600 a ticket than some scalper's gas for his Mercedes. Once you "accept your fate" then we can move on to hope that some of the fans with tickets will do some cell certs for us on here so some can hear the shows and report it all for us. And others will take pics so we can see them, and others will record them. It won't be the same for those of us have gone to every tour, but on principle I will not pay those bastards that kind of money.

I have bought many tickets on Ebay, all of them were completey legitimate, and most of them I bought from fans, you can tell fans with extra tickets from "power sellers" and ticket brokers on Ebay, but in a way the "power sellers" and the brokers are better to buy from, they value their Ebay feedback, a lot. Try not to buy from someone with virtually no feedback, like someone that just registers for the first time and puts up a U2 ticket, but if the price is right it's worth it to take a chance, pay with Paypal and a credit card, then you have Ebay's protection, Paypal's, and the Fair Credit Act.

Last edited:
On the other hand, people who were waiting for U2 prices to come down for MSG are now out of luck, as scalpers have sold most of them, which is evident in the fact that there are so few tickets left on Ebay for New York

spasm26 said:
On the other hand, people who were waiting for U2 prices to come down for MSG are now out of luck, as scalpers have sold most of them, which is evident in the fact that there are so few tickets left on Ebay for New York

You're right about MSG, those tickets are getting really scarce. And the ones that are left are being sold at ridiculous prices.

Back
Top Bottom