If you could hear U2 cover one song on the tour what would it be

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-Macphisto-UK

The Fly
I personally would love to see them cover a Rolling Stones track, I would say Angie but I don't think even bono could pull that off to Mick Jaggers level, so I would say Ruby Tuesday, which we have little snippets of in past performances of bad but it would be good to hear a full version.

I'm going to be totally outlandish and say either Solitary Shell by Dream Theatre or The Sound Of Muzak by Porcupine Tree. History Never Repeats by Split Enz would be another great one too.

None have a snowball's chance in hell of happening, but I can dream.

Walking Away by craig david. I don't like him or most of his music but i thought the words in this one were pretty good, i'd like to hear a proper band do it.

Knocking On Heaven's Door -- it's been done, but it would be fun to hear it again.

Maybe something by INXS as a tribute -- Don't Change, Shine Like It Does

Those are lousy suggestions, but hey, I tried.

I'd like to hear The Man Who Sold The World. There could be some awesome acoustic guitar/harmony goin' there. :wink:

Axver said:
The Sound Of Muzak by Porcupine Tree

Yeah, that'd be cool too.

trish0860 said:

:lol:

I seriously think I might pee my pants if I heard Bono sing this.

That would be hysterical.

Off the top of my head Rain in the Summertime by The Alarm would be great to hear them do....if anything because at that point, The Alarm did sound a bit like U2.

I'd drop dead if I heard them play "Spirit of '76" by The Alarm. It's a great song that even sounds "U2esque" (if that's a word). The words to the song would be striking when sung by U2.

It talks about a band formed in 1976, who would "dream of those bright lights" and "four lads who shook the world". It was probably the Alarm's biggest song, and a great, great live tune. I'll see if I can find the exact words to the song online somewhere.

I've changed my mind about London Calling maybe at Twickenham but I'd give anything to see them do 'My Lovely Horse' at Croke Park.

Something that just comes to mind is Beast of Burden by the Rolling Stones. Nice groovy track that Bono would get into, maybe pull a lady up on stage.

laz

lazarus said:
Something that just comes to mind is Beast of Burden by the Rolling Stones. Nice groovy track that Bono would get into, maybe pull a lady up on stage.

laz
That would be pretty wicked to hear to be honest.

BWU2Buffs said:

Maybe something by INXS as a tribute -- Don't Change, Shine Like It Does

Those are lousy suggestions, but hey, I tried.

they've done never tear us apart, need you tonight, and devil inside on the elevation tour. i'm DESPERATE to get my hands on them as mp3s but i can't find them anywhere. (is it obvious inxs is still one of my favorite bands and michael hutchence STILL my favorite performer of all time)
but oh GOD doing shine like it does? i would collapse. i REALLY want elegantly wasted. it's a campanion piece to gone. both songs were written from the same conversation between bono and hutch

"Into the Mystic" by Van the Man. I've heard just one line ("we were born before the wind") in some recordings, but the whole song would be awesome. Let me know if it exists and I've just missed the boat...
Also:
"I'm on Fire" by the Boss.
"Romeo and Juliet" by Dire Straits
"Major Tom" by Peter Schilling
"Fake Plastic Trees" by Radiohead
"Mad World" by Tears for Fears (although maybe more Gary Jules-esque)
"Laid" - James.

unosdostres14 said:
Heeeeeey macarena~
and mambo no. 5!!!! teee heeee

seriously, i would love to listen to bono singing kurt cobain's (nirvana) All Apology

what about the classic led zep "stairway to heaven"

or simply the instrumental kashmir == it would be great to hear the edge, adam and larry playing this great rock classic.

Back
Top Bottom