If there's any chance of a setlist shakeup, it'll happen this Friday.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
That'll be the 4th MSG show. If there was ever chance at some real shake ups in the setlist, it'll be there.

luckily, I will be in attendance.:applaud:

errr......right.......5th MSG show. (even better).

i agree i think friday there will be some surprises cause they like to leave new york with a bang

peaceonearth said:
i agree i think friday there will be some surprises cause they like to leave new york with a bang

Maybe Bono will fly over the audience in a giant hat dressed as a dead cowboy...
:wink:

Maybe Bono will steal some more of people's cell phones and throw them at them and say "YOU dropped it" :hyper:

Such a nice guy.

More surprises....i thought the msg concert were pretty divers already (three different closers i believe!)

This is a DEFINITE because so far tonite's show isn't all that great except for OUT OF CONTROL and a dedication comment after Miracle Drug to Boy George LOL......you guys are gonna be lucky Friday! :wink:

Carek1230 said:
This is a DEFINITE because so far tonite's show isn't all that great except for OUT OF CONTROL and a dedication comment after Miracle Drug to Boy George LOL......you guys are gonna be lucky Friday! :wink:

I wanna be walking out of MSG like this:

:dance: :applaud: :rockon: :lol:

Musique47.gif

well, I was never more wrong in my life; I just got back from the show, and yeah, it was a good show; everything by the numbers, even bono's speeches.......

but not a single surprise at all.
nothing.
5 shows in the same arena.
nothing.

whatever; I'm officially done with setlist parties/setlist following, etc.

wake me up when this tour is over, because I've seen them every tour since JT, and this was by far the worst one.

I think it says it the best when the section I was in was asleep for the acoustic encore, then said "vertigo again? wtf? that's lame". this is what THEY said, not me.

I have to agree with you about this show, Jofo. Really disappointing cap to such a big week here in the city. So weird. :shrug:

So, we got the shake-up. Vertigo II is there again :banghead:
Some say U2 are reading these forums. Two things are possible: 1) they don't read them or 2) they just don't want to listen to their fans.

what a fucking 7oke. anyone who doesn't think they couldn't have done so much better needs their heads examined.

7ofo, you and your entire group should have booed. what a disgrace.

this is U2...they are capable of doing things no other band in the world can, and they settle for this. unreal.

Just so that everyone knows what people are talking about:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo / Rockaway Beach Snippet
3. Elevation
4. Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings Snippet
5. GLORIA
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While
7. Beautiful Day / ??? Snippet
8. Miracle Drug
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own/ 'Torna A Surriento' Snippet
10. Love & Peace Or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Father Abraham
12. Bullet The Blue Sky / Hands That Built America (I think) / When Johnny Comes Marching Hope
13. Miss Sarajevo

HUMAN RIGHTS

14. Pride
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. One / She's A Mystery To Me Snippet!!

BREAK

17. First Time
18. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
19. Fast Cars
20. With Or Without You

21. All Because Of You
22. PARTY GIRL
23. Yahweh
24. Vertigo!

good thing they never even played songs such as mysterious ways or until the end of the world...i imagine those songs would have totally destroyed the "feeling" of the evening.

with or without you was played though? that's pretty awesome...and at the end of the first encore...that's a nice fit, especially when they used to play it right after the fly...that made a lot of sense. oh well, they got rid of zoo station and the fly, they're too rough around the edges for my liking anyway.

i like my u2 stale, plain, adult-contemparized and predictable! i don't know about you, gang, but i got what i wanted out of a fifth's night setlist! :happy:

Back
Top Bottom