If there's any chance of a setlist shakeup, it'll happen this Friday.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thing i dont understand is why don't they just rotate songs on mulptile nights in the same city?

For example, a regular stop in a city is two nights.

1st night >> 2nd night

"All I want is You" for "Bad"
"The Fly" for "Discotheque"
"Mysterious Ways" for "Even Better than the Real Thing"
"SATS" (acoustic) for "Stuck (acoustic)"
"I Will Follow for "Gloria"
"UTEOTW" for "Gone"

For people that say they would rather hear the same songs played well than rare songs played badly, they could play all these songs in their sleep!!

For people that say it's about the structure of the setlist, all those songs above are about in the same vein and wouldn't take away any "feeling."

And for people talking about how it would affect the production of the show, I dont believe that. God knows how much u2 pay their production staff, they can deal with a few changes.

Just my thoughts. I'm not angry or anything, just giving my opinion on what i would do if i was the band.

Hearing that they played VERTIGO 2X does kind of upset me when they could played Discotheque instead of it. Hearing the 9/20 version in Chicago makes me want to cry it's so good.

And where has it gone? It's joined "An Cat Dubh?"

good post RademR, and for the people who say most of the crowd only goes to 1 U2 show so they want to see the hits, they can still rotate in songs and keep the hits, as RademR shows.

it's not like U2 only has 4 or 5 hits that they HAVE to play at every show. they have a ton of hits they could rotate to keep both causal and diehard fans happy.

What's funny is that U2.com says they played 40 last, not Vertigo #2. I know they're wrong....but I wonder if they had planned on 40. :hmm:

I agree with your list, RademR. The thing is---they'd have to play at least your 1st night songs in order to play the 2nd night ones--and they're not playing any of them regularly...!

Still, I'll take Fast Cars as my 'shake-up.' Haven't seen it live yet & I hope they do it next week. Of course, if they threw Bad in there....:drool:

Last edited:
I also wonder if the million snippets were what they thought would be a "shake up." Half of the first 16 songs have snippets!

Oh, and here's the list from U2.com before they change it:

" 15.10.2005
Walk On New York City

Gloria and Walk On in for fifth show at Madison Square Garden. Check a great set list, report to follow.

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Electric Co.
Gloria
Still Haven’t Found
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can’t Make it on Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride in the Name of Love
Where the Streets Have No Name
One

First Time
Stuck in a Moment
Fast Cars
With or Without You

All Because of You
Walk On
Yahweh
"

Utoo said:

Still, I'll take Fast Cars as my 'shake-up.' Haven't seen it live yet & I hope they do it next week. Of course, if they threw Bad in there....:drool:

fast cars is amazing live :drool:

Back
Top Bottom