if prices are too high, will you go.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
Here is another one that I have been discussing with the man in my life. Once again, I am going to remain neutral as I am more curious to know what you guys think.

Will you pay a large amount of money more than what is considered to be a fair price if they're on stage for 3 hours which they should be (according to the man) and if not will you not see them on the upcoming tour.

:)

I'd pay anything, even if they just walk onstage, play Red Light (the worst U2 song ever) and walk off.

When you add in some of the travel expenses I'm willing to pay, I guess you could say I would pay almost anything. But I would like at LEAST an encore to Red Light if I travel all the way to Ireland to see them! :wink:

I would, I have a job afterall. It's not like I'd go into debt just to see them once. Plus, I live in So California so I wouldn't have to drive far to see them if they played in San Diego, LA, or Anaheim.

discothequeLP said:
i'll pay anything for a ticket for a full concert, no matter if its 2 or 3 or 4 hours

I agree as well to some extent. I do not want to be paying $300 per ticket like Madonna charged for her shows but I highly doubt ticket prices will go that high.

Concerts in general these days seem to be increasing in cost more and more.

But then there is a limit as not everyone is rich.

david said:
I would, I have a job afterall. It's not like I'd go into debt just to see them once. Plus, I live in So California so I wouldn't have to drive far to see them if they played in San Diego, LA, or Anaheim.

I have a job as well but living $$$ are too much however I am smart and I did prepare and put some $$ aside in a bank for my U2 multiple show gigs and I have had to make some financial sacrifices :)

I will definitely see them at least once on this tour, even if I have to take out a loan. :| Everything else will depend on whether or not I'm ever able to find a job.

While it would be nice for U2 to play 3 hrs, the reality is that they, like most rock bands, will always play around 2 hrs. Springsteen is an anomaly that he likes to play for so long.

I'll go to 2-3 shows, probably, on this tour. I saw 4 Elevation shows, so.. :shrug: Alot of it has to do with proximity - I'll only go to Florida shows, and only travel out of Florida for extra special occasions.

:shrug: Depends, when I will see the venues and dates and ticket prices I will start thinking and depends on my yet-to-be found job. Till then, what I post is theory :D

One of the reasons I didn't go to Elevation was the ticket price. I would hope they'd come and play more of the Balcans/S. Europe teritorry someday (they've been in Hungary in Zoo TV and in Sarajevo on Popmart but that's it) and that I wouldn't have to travel to either Austria or Italy to see them. (maaaaybe the closest German show, Munich)
I would most likely be aiming at either of those locations, possibly preferring Austria, because Vienna is closer than Torino they played the last time.

I don't put a 'price' on a U2 ticket. I will be seeing multiple shows in the New York area no matter how much they arevalreya

Now that I'm job hunting it will of course depend on my schedule and salary and what vacation options are offered on the yet unfound job. That upsets me more than getting downsized out of my last job. I no longer have 4 weeks vacation time to plan and look forward too. :madspit:

I don't think you can put a price on the ticket to see U2. I went to a lot of shows last tour (7) but that's because they had mutiple shows in the Los Angeles area. So I thought all the money I spent was well worth it. Especially the money I shelled out to go see them at Slane!! Damn worth it for the experience and the memories of those times.:p :D

I would pay around $100 per ticket per show I think, for about 3 shows. That's about my limit. If the tix got more expensive than that, I would just go to less shows.

i will see them at least 3 times. within california, maybe nevada. if the tickets were not crazy expensive.

ticket prices

I intend to go and see at least 5 shows this time.
I' ve been a fan for 21 years now, and I don't know how long I will able to wait at the entrance all day and take a run for the front rows. 'Cause that's where I have always been.
It's been quite hard to get tickets for 3 shows the last 2 tours, ans some gigs have cost me a small fortune (considering the hotel and the plane ticket), but I enjoy it so much.
I know I'm scilly, but I always said that once in my life, I wanted to follow the tour for a week or 2. Now 's the time apparently.
So, as of today, I start training and saving money :)

I will gladly give a place to sleep, to anyone who gives me (and my husband) one. And I will gladly swap tickets ; that is, if I can get more than 2 myself of course.
I am so looking forward to next year ...

I'm going to see them at least 4-5 times this tour, you never know if their gonna have another one at this stage in their careers. I get free airline tickets, so its just about the shows. I think im gonna out $500 aside for the next tour.

I went to two shows on Elevation (my first) and I spent $80 on nosebleeds and then $169 for pretty good seats. They were both second-hand though (not on ticketmaster, i mean).

I'm hoping that U2 starts a new on-line fan club from the debris of Propaganda (which I have a feeling they will do) and offer special packages for fans - but would I spend an obscene amount of money for a ticket where Bono could possibly sweat on me - yep.

isabelle_guns said:
Here is another one that I have been discussing with the man in my life. Once again, I am going to remain neutral as I am more curious to know what you guys think.

Will you pay a large amount of money more than what is considered to be a fair price if they're on stage for 3 hours which they should be (according to the man) and if not will you not see them on the upcoming tour.

:)

I WILL PAY EVERY AMOUNT OF MONEY, I'M READY TO SELL MY GIRLFRIEND TO REACH THE MONEY! :wink: :wink: .... and they will never never never never never perform for 3 hours, you'll see....usual 2 hours.........BUT IT'S OK!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Having only seen them twice in 21 years, I have already warned my husband and my best friend (my partner in U2 hi-jinks!) that I INTEND to spend lotsa' moolah on the upcoming tour. I will see them at least once close to home - either here in NC or nearby, like SC or VA - and then I intend to start travelling. I'm thinking I'd like to see them in Boston, Chicago, or New York on the East Coast. Or possibly make a little road trip out of it & catch them in Vegas or somewhere in CA....my dream is to actually see them 3 times. And in the BEST SEATS, reagrdless of how much that may be - no cheap stuff for me this time! I mean, I like to tell myself that I won't pay $100+ for a single concert ticket, but when push comes to shove? - I know I'll be shelling out the Benjamins!!
:heart: :heart: :heart: :wink:

I'm hoping for three shows at least, a couple in Glasgow or Edinburgh and some in England, London and Manchester. I'm gonna try and start a little U2 fund of my own come next pay day.

Back
Top Bottom