IALW and Fast Cars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes, both full band. In a Little While sounded much better than it did during the elevation tour, in my opinion.

I give the boys a big thumbs up for playing Fast Cars.

Very cool.

I am neutral to negative on In a Little While. It is a great song, but man, didn't they play it enough 4 years ago?

ouizy said:

Very cool.

Definitely. Here's hoping that it remains a setlist staple through 10/19 & 10/20! :drool: :wink:

ouizy said:

Very cool.

I am neutral to negative on In a Little While. It is a great song, but man, didn't they play it enough 4 years ago?

I don't think they played it THAT much. It was left out for most of the European leg, and Elevation was the shortest of the recent tours. The likes of Gone, Last Night on Earth and EBTTRT would have been played much more that it.

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
I don't think they played it THAT much. It was left out for most of the European leg, and Elevation was the shortest of the recent tours.

Indeed, it was last played in Glasgow on 27 August 2001 (IIRC). It wasn't played at all on the third leg.
Besides, it's one of the best songs on ATYCLB, if not the best, so I wouldn't mind hearing it again. Unfortunately, I won't have that opportunity. :(
Nor to hear Fast Cars. :sad:

Popmartijn said:

Indeed, it was last played in Glasgow on 27 August 2001 (IIRC). It wasn't played at all on the third leg.
Besides, it's one of the best songs on ATYCLB, if not the best, so I wouldn't mind hearing it again. Unfortunately, I won't have that opportunity. :(
Nor to hear Fast Cars. :sad:

Actually there's a video of Fast Cars at u2log.com

It's cut short, though.

I can't believe they played Fast Cars, that song is awesome. On the other hand, I don't care much for In A Little While. I would rather have Kite or Walk On.

Tell me, was IALW played on the Gibson Explorer at all on the Elevation Tour? Because Edge was using it for IALW last night...I seem to recall him using his Les Paul during Elevation.

I couldn't believe it at the show when they started playing Fast Cars....IALW was great, too. Great additions!!!!

GibsonGirl said:
Tell me, was IALW played on the Gibson Explorer at all on the Elevation Tour? Because Edge was using it for IALW last night...I seem to recall him using his Les Paul during Elevation.

I have a serious problem with him desecrating the Explorer by using it to play that song. :wink:

GibsonGirl said:

No, you're right it was played on the LP on the last tour. It's strange that he's switched to the Explorer, but then he's abandoned the LP for the Fly as well this tour.

Really great that they played Fast Cars! That´s a big surprise (just as Miss Sarajevo at the 3th Amsterdam show was a very big surprise for me!) Amazing song.

Didn´t happen before very often, that they played single B-tracks.

IALW was way better than Elevation version I saw in Buffalo...very tight, although Bono stated they hadn't played it "in a little while :sexywink:"

Fast Cars was amazing, so much better than the "Canary in a Coal Mine" version on the special edition CD. Very impressed with Bono's diction on this one. :cool:

I would've loved to hear Discoteque and Mofo ... faves from POP ... boomchaa!!!

Axver said:

I have a serious problem with him desecrating the Explorer by using it to play that song. :wink:

:wink:

Shush, you! The guitar in IALW is cool. We can ignore the lyrics...

Back
Top Bottom