I will be a tour virgin this time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
Last two tours, I've been watching the U2 setlists so closely that there was absolutely no surprise when they came to my city and played. That is, with maybe one or two surprises, I knew exactly what they were going to play, and in what order.

I'm not sure how many more chances I'm going to get to see U2 live, so for this tour, I'm going to completely avoid all information of setlists and shows until after I see my local show. After that, of course, I'll watch every night's setlist without fail, and catch up on those I've missed.

I think the anticipation of going to a U2 concert and having absoltuely no idea what they will open with, what they will play, what the order of the songs will be, etc. just sounds like it could be incredible. So I"m going for it.

Thankfully they are starting out on the West Coast...hopefully Seattle comes quickly...

hehe.... I was exactly thinking at the same strategy for this tour....:wink:
But it's gonna be so hard not to have a look in Interference.....

I agree that it's boring to know exactly all the song, even in what order they will play them.....

I've been on some concerts where i didnt know what the setlist is gonna by like and i have to say i didnt enjoy it as much as i would, knowing this setlist.

But well, maybe thats because i didnt know (and like) the bands so much, didnt know all of their songs etc...

With U2 its different ;) Everything's different when it comes to a u2 show :)

hey Ive been meaning to ask whether or not anyone else listens to the songs from the set list in order before they go..

On one hand it reminds you of the lyrics so you're more prepared to sing along..

On the other it becomes a bit predictable

However I didn't do that before the elevation tour, so when less played songs like out of control and 11 oclock tick tock came along, I had no idea how they went, and didn't enjoy them as much

I had one friend who just listened to all her favourite U2 songs to get her in the mood, though she got really disappointed with popmart because they didn't play BAD.

What do you guys do..

I try not to look at setlists. I like to be surprised. Nor would I want to be disappointed. "Hey, how come city X got this song, and I didn't?" So part of the excitement of a concert for me is not knowing what I am about to hear.

I want to be surprised. I'm a setlist fanatic [just look at the bottom link in my signature!] and I really, really want to get a surprise. "Wow, they're playing this! And that! Oooh, but those two were skipped!" That's the kind of thing that would really excite me. I'm such a generork (geek-nerd-dork).

However, I really hope I manage to attend a show early in the first leg, as I don't know just how long I can avoid looking at setlists.

Back
Top Bottom