I Want To Live In America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ramblin rose said:

So you wouldn't mind having a static setlist as long as the lottery is abandoned? Unfortunately the people who went to many many shows during Elevation and couldn't be anywhere but front stage rail in the heart for all of them brought the lottery on us, not what country U2 loves more, since I don't think they love any one country over another.

These is clear based on what Bono said in an interview during the summer:

i do agree that the setlist was static in europe, but let me make it clear that not EVERYONE who attended multiple shows on elevation hogged the rail in any way. i went to 18 shows and mixed it up all over the arena many times...including being in the stands. there are a handful of people that exist that may have only been seen front and center throughout the tour, but to destroy the integrity of what General Admission has come to mean at EVERY CONCERT, OF EVERY BAND for so many years because of a small number of die-hards is ridiculous. and i've seen many people from europe post on this board that U2 would never do such a thing over-seas because "the ga queue is a religion to people over here," so all i'm saying is understand that we have as many things that make us wish we lived in europe as you do to live in america.

love and peace or else.....

ps sorry if i offended...just worked up about the whole thing because so many fans i know wish we could have afforded to only see shows in europe for this reason.....i guess the grass is always greener. :hug: :crack:

Back
Top Bottom