I just heard a rumor about more dates...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

polkahard

The Fly
My friend has a connection to someone within Clear Channel. He just told me that they are planning two more MSG dates, as well as two more Philly dates this leg.

My friend also couldn't get MSG tickets this morning. He asked the Clear Channel guy if he could secure him tickets, and he replied, "I can't even get them! That's all Ticketmaster's deal." Just another reason to hate them...

I don't know how much truth there is to this, but I figured it would be welcome news for many who couldn't secure tickets.

Last edited:
I would think it unlikely that more than 1-2 (if any) additional Northeastern dates will be added to the leg of the tour. When you consider U2 will not be playing 3 nights in a row in order to conserve Bono's voice, in looking at the itinerary after Chicago, only May 15th and the days after May 28th are available. May 15th cannot be used for Philadelphia, at least not at Wachovia, which is why their night 2 was 8 days later. If there is no commitment on MSG that night, then perhaps that will become a second MSG show. I have a feeling though that the reason Paul MacGuinness made his statement about returning to MSG in the fall was because he knows they will only play there on the 1 announced date (May 21), but perhaps I'm wrong. Logistically, it's probably not realistic that they could add Northeastern shows between Vancouver and Chicago due to the time it will take to transport the staging across North America.

After Boston did not add a night 4 on May 29th or 30th, I feel that May 28th is probably the final night of the first leg. This would give them 12 days off without any shows, during which you figure they'll each get to rest for 7-10 days, then probably meet in Brussels a couple days before the June 10th show there to run through any adjustments that they'll make in the show in transforming it from an arena show to a stadium show.

Last edited:
Yeah, their schedule is getting kinda tight. Unless they want to add a Philly and/or an MSG after Boston. It's the same relative area.

Here's hoping the City Of Brotherly Love gets a treated to 3 shows :) and the City Of Blinding Lights too.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
seems to be an awful lot of people with sources inside clear channel lately

Well...sorry, but it's just what I was told.

I thought some people might like this news, and I figured I'd pass it on.

Back
Top Bottom