I don't know if you realise this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooropean103

Refugee
... but this is the first tour since... lovetown? that includes songs from EVERY album (passengers included!). Pretty good for a tour that gets lots of bitching about the setlists huh?...

Yes, that is definitely true. While it still bothers me in principle (just because of all their talk about not bothering with the past, not wanting to be a greatest-hits band, etc....though this IS NOT A GREATEST HITS TOUR SO DON'T FLAME ME) sometimes, I am pleased that they've at least sort of payed attention to all the albums. It took 'em long enough, but I guess it's all good.

My main complaint isn't quite as much about albums being under-represented as it is about mostly the same songs being re-represented over and over and over again from those albums. I'd gladly take something other than "Pride" from The Unforgettable Fire or something--anything--other than "Sunday Bloody Sunday"/"New Year's Day" or "Bullet the Blue Sky" from War and The Joshua Tree, respectively.

But, yes...I can't help but admit to feeling a bit cozy that they've scooped out the occasional under-appreciated song from the back catalogue to give us lunatics something to be happy about (whether or not we admit we're happy, though, is another matter entirely...:wink:).

OK i think we can all respect that the guys HAVE to play a number of their hits at their concerts as the majority of people there are there for the hits....

So what would be an acceptable number of hits to play for a hardcore fan?

I agree with many for instance that Pride should go...but i would still like New Year's Day and the likes of Bullet to stay...

new years day was the american break through song

Pride will never go. sorry.
With or without you / stil lhaven't found will never die

One will never go

Beauitful day is here for the long haul

So in summery of that:

U2 will almost certainly play
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Years Day
Pride
WOWY/ISHFWHLF
One
Mysterious Ways / The Fly
Beauitful Day
Vertigo

Then Fan Hits:
Streets
Bad will keep reappearing
I will follow/out of control

This is a minimum of 11 songs.

U2 obviuosly have to play songs from their current album. And then the rarer tracks. There will probably be 12 of them.
Sometimes/City/LAPOE/ABOY/Yahweh/MD gives us the current album stuff

Total of 18 Songs.

This means that there is up to 5 places up for 'Experimentation'

In reality this is 3 As 'Electric Co' and 'Elevation' will be there for rest of this tour. As i would guess will be Miss Sarajevo,

So every ngiht there is possibly 2 places open for the 'shocker' - For a long time one of these was ZOO Station. Now we have the first time / discoteque. What next? for the first time ever can honestly say... i dont no :)

Back
Top Bottom