i can't believe Bono said that! Chi 5.9.05

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I prefer when Bobo does "Just give me what I want and no one gets (insert orgasm noises) hurt." :combust:

Oh and it's coke not soda or pop. :wink: :wave:

I'm from Chicago and have used "Jagoff" for years, extensively - especially in traffic.
I heard that on the 5/12 audio and :ohmy: I couldn't believe it - so I'd listen again and again...yep, that was jagoff.
I was shocked to hear Bono say that :lol:

Ellay said:
Is jack off more offensive then fuck off in north america then?
I always say "F'n jagoff!!!!!"
This is my favorite phrase to use in the sucky Chicago traffic.

love this thread!

love it too that he would be using a particular chicagoism (i'd never heard of jagoff before...) while in town. now a new little obsessive game--how does he change that from time to time...little orgasm noises are a fine default though!
They wouldn't bleep out bono for a dvd, would they?!
that would be so wrong...

cheerio!

Last edited:
hluvslmj said:

I always say "F'n jagoff!!!!!"
This is my favorite phrase to use in the sucky Chicago traffic.

Point noted, it has entered my vocabulary.

jerkoff, jackoff, jagoff ... what I need to know is WHY did he say it? Was he addressing somebody in particular, or simply exercising his poetic license?

kellyo said:
jerkoff, jackoff, jagoff ... what I need to know is WHY did he say it? Was he addressing somebody in particular, or simply exercising his poetic license?

He may have been refering to the Chicago newspaper Rock n Roll critics :wink:

WildHoneyAlways said:
Maybe it's a regional thing....Like those crazy ass people who say "soda" when everyone knows it's "pop." :wink: :ohmy:

Same with those crazy people that say "hoagie"when in reality its a "sub". :wink:

Im sure he meant, jackoff as in.... the jack is off the guitar when they go into that 4 second quiet time in the middle.... I thought the same thing too but Im sure that is the explanation. LOL

It's "pop". I am not so sure U2 would approve, though, considering they treat that album like a red-headed stepchild.

its actually a complimentary word that you say to people who are special to you

bono must have felt the crowd was special that night, so thats probably why he said it

next time you see a member of your family or a friend call them a jagoff and im sure they will be very happy

POP beats SODA... sorry folks!

Obligatory link to http://www.popvssoda.com/ were you can see the stats for yourself.

smalldrawn.gif

This thread is hilarious! I have to stop myself from laughing so hard because I'm at the library.

When Bobo comes to Montreal I hope he uses some of our favourite Montreal-isms. For years I was telling people to "close" the light until my American ex-gf pointed out that you can't close a light but rather turn it off. There are a million of them here!

BonoManiac said:

When Bobo comes to Montreal I hope he uses some of our favourite Montreal-isms. For years I was telling people to "close" the light until my American ex-gf pointed out that you can't close a light but rather turn it off. There are a million of them here!

But when Bobo visits the southern states he needs to 'cut off the light.'

Back
Top Bottom