Hypothetical question: If you were invited on stage to play...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RA-D

War Child
...what song would you play?

I'm assuming for this that you can play guitar of course and you are given an acoustic guitar. I don't care whether or not you can play guitar or not.

What would you play?

I'm thinking, if some people reply to this thread, I'll give an answer.

stockholm syndrome :rockon:

but if i had to play a u2 song with an accoustic id go with.....

when love comes to town

Last edited:
Numbology said:
Exit / Shadows and Tall Trees / Discotheque

Acrobat must be played by The Edge.It's sacred.

Sacred yes. But extremely easy to play and sounds excellent on acoustic guitar.

I'm thinkin Discotheque might not work so well on acoustic.

servo2005 said:
UTEOTW or Out of Control

On acoustic?:huh:

I'd definitely go with a tasty version of Please, Stay, Walk On, Whose gonna ride..., Wild Horses by Rolling Stones, Instant Karma by John Lennon, Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye, All Along the Watchtower, Dirty Day, First Time, All You Need is Love by The Beatles, My Sweet Lord by George Harrison, Amazing Grace, or Unchained Melody.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Electrical Storm.

Are they NEVER going to play this song live?!?!

dude, they will, third leg at the latest, chill :wink:

People Get Ready .... I had a sign the past couple shows that said "People Get Ready C-Am-F" and Bono saw it twice, pointed at it with a big smile, and motioned towards me (Philly1 and NJ2), but no luck for calling me on stage!!!

I've thought about this before, as I do play guitar and it's fun to think about what would happen. . .

I just might take a chance and launch into Van Diemen's land--just to hear Edge sing lead!

Of course the crowd would probably wonder "what the f. . .?" and Bono would be left in the dust. Or maybe he'd sing a little harmony.

In truth it would probably depend on what the setlist that night was, how the crowd energy felt, what the band's mood was, etc.

If it was the end of the encore, I just might be tempted to try out Wake Up Dead Man, which I loved at Popmart.

how can u chose, i think i would freeze on stage and want to die in the arms of "Mr Edge"......but if I actualy could play it would be running to stand still, or one or staring at the sun...or or or or or eeeeeee

wolfeden-

great call with the temple bar WGRYWH......

also great to see we got another muse fan here chizip......maybe muse opens on the 3rd leg?

njelevation06 said:
People Get Ready .... I had a sign the past couple shows that said "People Get Ready C-Am-F" and Bono saw it twice, pointed at it with a big smile, and motioned towards me (Philly1 and NJ2), but no luck for calling me on stage!!!

That is pretty cool. You should make a sign that says:

"Mofo" Loud

I would play the first song I learned on bass, "With or Without You".

Back
Top Bottom