How you know you've become way too obsessed with this tour...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:
When your torn about trying to go to a show that you:

1. Can't afford at all. (and try to rationalize it by saying that you don't really need a hotel, you can spend your down time in the airport, even though you can't afford the flight either :( ).

2. Don't even have tickets to.

:reject:

guilty :reject:

When you're flipping through the channels and stop on one b/c it's a shot of Bono from behind, silhouetted against the sky and he's wearing the cap he wears in the encores...Vertigo is on TV!!!
...but then the audio voice over doesn't quite match up...something about secret German strike teams?!? And it takes a few seconds while your heart is racing to figure out what's going on... oh, you're on the History Channel with some commercial for a WWII show... oops. :reject:

u2girlcj said:
When you're flipping through the channels and stop on one b/c it's a shot of Bono from behind, silhouetted against the sky and he's wearing the cap he wears in the encores...Vertigo is on TV!!!
...but then the audio voice over doesn't quite match up...something about secret German strike teams?!? And it takes a few seconds while your heart is racing to figure out what's going on... oh, you're on the History Channel with some commercial for a WWII show... oops. :reject:

:lmao:
LMAO!

sweetie said:
When you're constantly looking for tickets for shows even though you know that you can't afford any more!

Or when you buy tickets for a show that you have no possible way of getting to just on the slim chance that you "may" have a conference in Omaha for work on the same day.

When you start to think that dressing in drag may work if you look good enough in a skirt and high heels, just to get on stage with Bono. :D

Where everything you spend in everyday life is related to concert costs. For example, I bought groceries today and thought, "I coulda bought a GA ticket for somewhere, anywhere, with that." :coocoo: Like I'm not living on rice anyways because of this tour! :laugh:

When you suddenly possess the power to tell someone the exact date.

I never knew dates before, allways had to look at a calendar and sometimes my pda. But just today someone asked the date, and I said, "May 23.". My wife said, "Wow I am impressed. You never can tell the date." I said, "Well it is the day after Philly II.

starsgoblue said:
Where everything you spend in everyday life is related to concert costs. For example, I bought groceries today and thought, "I coulda bought a GA ticket for somewhere, anywhere, with that." :coocoo: Like I'm not living on rice anyways because of this tour! :laugh:

:lol: me too. i never go shopping anymore -- even grocery shopping. this tour has truly cured me of my shopping habit. and when we had to sign my daughter's re-enrollment contract for preschool next year, I was like, "does she *really* need to go to school anymore? I could go to SO many shows for that $$!"

You know you're at a place called Vertigo when...

Miroslava finally finds a tent on the internet (so that we can camp out for GA in Dublin). However, her excitement is short lived because the tent is red, black and WHITE. Now we are both pissed because the tent has white... otherwise, it would have been the perfect Vertigo colors.

:mad:

36164.jpg

By the way, we need a name for our Camp... any suggestions? :wink:

ETA: Miroslava the Nazi Mod merged, nor Miroslava that is going with you to the show :wink:

Last edited:
u2girlcj said:

:lol: me too. i never go shopping anymore -- even grocery shopping. this tour has truly cured me of my shopping habit. and when we had to sign my daughter's re-enrollment contract for preschool next year, I was like, "does she *really* need to go to school anymore? I could go to SO many shows for that $$!"

YEP! Same here! I've cut like everything else out.

I'm going to four shows in a row now in the fall: 10/11...10/14...10/16...10/17...
all my other fall plans revolve around those four shows.

You get obsessed with the tour when you spend $4000 going to 8 shows. I paid Face Value for May 7 Chicago, May 14 Philly, May 21 MSG, May 26 Boston. I paid $300 for San Diego March 28, $220 for May 9 Chicago, $125 for Philly May 22, and $345 for May 28 Boston. 4 out of 8 shows face value ain't bad if you want to be in line before GA line doors open.

When you are eating nothing but Mac & Cheese, because you spent your food buget for the next 6 months....

When you've entered every contest known to man, and now your receiving items you don't even want, :madspit: but still no ticket......

When you have tickets for October, but are wondering how to acquire them for Nov....:scratch:

Your job is on the line for coming up with ridiculous reasons on why you can't be at work, while your cell is ringing with the tone (all because of you)

Your boss looks at you like :eyebrow:

When you are up until 5am in the morning monitoring the Interference forums in a desperate attempt to see if anyone has posted any pics from Brussels of the stage being constructed, or equipment being unloaded off lorries, or lorries arriving, or heck any old lorries that look like U2 tour lorries :shifty:

When you've seen 4 shows for the first leg (and that is supposed to be it) but end up in Chicago for the 5/7 show. Husband says one show in Chicago, no more til the Fall leg. On the way to the airport early Sunday morning after Chicago1, check into my flight, walk to my gate, bags on board the plane, and decide to make a last minute desperation plea to husband to let me stay 2 more days so I could see the 5/9 show. He says....with a deep pause...OK. My bags take off to my hometown, I don't...I get to see Chicago2 but have to make last minute stops to the drugstore and dept stores to buy clothes and other items :)

That wasn't it....on to MSG, Philly2....and still completely addicted...have decided to fly over the Atlantic to see them in Dublin and Cardiff. Whew.....can't wait!!! :hyper:

starvinmarvin said:
...when you're reading this thread.

Exactly!!!!
and... when you feel that anyday now you're going to have to have your laptop surgically removed.

1stOne said:

Exactly!!!!
and... when you feel that anyday now you're going to have to have your laptop surgically removed.

We need another computer I'm on soo much. I've been entering contests trying to win one:reject:

I've begun to visualize smilies being inserted into real conversations.. Is that weird??

I love the smilies
:dancing: :hyper:

redkat said:

I've begun to visualize smilies being inserted into real conversations.. Is that weird??

No it's not. I've actually gotten to the point of not only visualizing smilies during real conversations but inserting them in corporate emails.:help:

redkat said:

We need another computer I'm on soo much. I've been entering contests trying to win one:reject:

I love the smilies
:dancing: :hyper:

I'm convinced that I've turned into the :drool: smilie with all this weeks excitement.

Great I thought I was the only one. Anyone kind of act them out a little? No? Gone too far?

Wish I could carry around a box :reject:
bounce like
:hyper:
or :combust:

Usually I look like this:crazy: No effects needed:giggle:

winrus said:
When you are eating nothing but Mac & Cheese, because you spent your food buget for the next 6 months....

When you've entered every contest known to man, and now your receiving items you don't even want, :madspit: but still no ticket......

When you have tickets for October, but are wondering how to acquire them for Nov....:scratch:

Your job is on the line for coming up with ridiculous reasons on why you can't be at work

Your boss looks at you like :eyebrow:

This is so me. Except switch November with October and subsitute cereal with mac and cheese. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom