How you know you've become way too obsessed with this tour...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you've got 52 students' journals and final papers to grade, a 20 page paper of your own to write, and your apartment to clean up well enough for a visit from family...and you're most stressed out about how you're going to fare in GA in three weeks...

:reject:

Hmm --
When your co-workers refer to you as "U2 Freak" even though they work for YOU.

When you try to remember all of your wife's friends based on how close they live to a future U2 show so you can cannive your way to another show while she hangs out wiht her friend and you scam for just one more GA - and go alone.

When you stay up late with Blue Crack and http://www.thegoalissoul.cjb.net/ running in a different browser window; but you are bummed that the site still has a show up that you've listened to like, say, 9 times.

When you force your wife to read this thread to prove that 14 shows in 22 years is not even on the radar compared to some who will attend 14 or more shows on THIS tour.

I love this thread, but I can not imagine blowing off finals, let alone law school finals, for U2 and Blue Crack -- that takes some guts; or I'm just too damn old.

You know you're too obsessed when you see this email in your inbox from "Ticket Office" and your heart stops... and you about pass out when you start reading "Pick up your free..." and then you become majorly depressed when you read "... movie tickets" !

When you are a student who is obsessed with getting good grades and always gets straight A's, but you fail a test because you were too busy searching for U2 tickets instead studying... yeah kinda awkward when your teacher asks what happened! :ohmy:

BWU2Buffs said:

I love this thread, but I can not imagine blowing off finals, let alone law school finals, for U2 and Blue Crack -- that takes some guts; or I'm just too damn old.

Heee.....whooo maybe I have guts, or else I am young. :sexywink: :laugh:

Here's another:

You cannot sleep at night, not because you are stressed about law school finals, but because you are stressed about the GA line/getting the best spot on the rail/getting Bono's attention. No joke; cannot sleep. :crazy:

Because you're already planning on how you're going to call off work when you go to Chicago after buying a ticket at the very last minute for one of the shows next week (hopefully!), but the bad part is you're so much a freak you'll tell your co-workers the real reason and they won't even bat an eyelash. :shh:

lauren430 said:

You cannot sleep at night, not because you are stressed about law school finals, but because you are stressed about the GA line/getting the best spot on the rail/getting Bono's attention. No joke; cannot sleep. :crazy:

I'm with you...on top of that I'm not really able to eat much either....gah! :crazy:

Here I am
My Wife sitting patiently across from me as I type this (she is working on her College Paper you know something really usefull)

and here am I w/ a cellar to Paint a Chicken to cook (my turn)it's ok.......
and I think she is right to suggest that I am obessing as of late ..re : the tour and the 49 posts in 45 days cking tm 10 X a day for Ga (boston0
But now it's off to the cellar
to listen to U2 hmmm to Paint

When you count down the number of weeks, days, ect. to shows your not even going to!

I also have been planning my outfit for the show I'm seeing(Pittsburgh in Oct.)and........ I already have all the radio stations in Cleveland on speed dial so I can try to win tickets to the Cleve. show if any of them give away tickets later in the year.

And of course I get anxious if I dont check interference like 4 times daily.

pookybear said:
I received a spam e-mail in my inbox today with the subject line: You're Getting Free GAS for 1 YEAR! My heart jumped, and then I realized it said gas and not GA's. :|

:lmao: I remember when I got my GA's for Cleveland I IMed my friend "I'VE GOT GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and he was like "wow, that's good to know."

I'd say it's when upon reading this thread you're inspired to check Ticketmaster for tickets in Chicago, even though you ALREADY HAVE tickets to one show and really can't go to any other show (even if I got free tickets to May 9th that'd be an extra hotel night, and no way we could afford that...). And you're still clinging to the hope that you'll miraculously get better tickets to the show you're already going to because, let's face it, December 10th is a long time to wait to have GA tix!

Or it could be when you're telling every living, breathing thing around you "One week. One week. ONE BLOODY WEEK!! Six days. Just siiiiix days..." with no explanation.

Or perhaps just the fact that you're keeping track of the setlists and you actually stayed up opening night just to know the setlist even though you could have just as easily went to bed and found out in the morning.

Or maybe it's when you start posting in threads like these...

When one major factor in helping you decide what university you plan to go to is the fact that U2 will be playing there when school starts. (Montreal)

You know you're obsessed WHEN! you get back to Edmonton from Seattle 1 and 2, and think.. Hmm.. vancouver's also close, and it's on a Friday, and My girlfriend hasn't seen them yetttt sooo... LEave work early after Getting a one way flight flight there, and decide since you can't get a flight back, to drive the 14 hours from Vancouver... Get stuck in the middle of the night because the highway is closed because of a BEaver Dam Break that forces you to circle back into a scummy motel that you check out of just minutes afte you check in, just to head back to follow the locals on top and around a dirt mountain road in the middle of the night that takes twice as long into the next town, to finally find a bed just so that you can drive the last 9 hours back home to Edmonton...

Not that I know anything about this... But I know if "Someone" did, that they might be obsessed a little...

PoppedTart

When you get excited seeing a cheap pair of tickets on Ebay to a show that you already know you're not even attending.....

im no longer obsessed, still mesmermized by the continious creativey and continuity yes..:up:

but obsessed no.

sorry to disappoint some.

db9
:)

lauren430 said:

I was right there with you before Seattle!! I lost 4 pounds the week leading up to the concert...I couldn't eat anything and was staying up til at least 2am every night. :crazy:

But it's a good kind of stress, isn't it? I didn't stress about the fact that I had finals or the fact my house was a firetrap or anything - just about my GA experience.

and it all turned out more than fine! Got on the rail for my Bono moment with him singing to me and plenty of unexpected and delightful Adam moments. I was high on it for a week. :bow: :hyper: :applaud:

But here's another one:
When you actually start crying real tears on the ride home the day after Vancouver2 because you won't be able to see any shows until September. :sad: I can't talk about it any more, because it makes me a little emotional....

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Because you're already planning on how you're going to call off work when you go to Chicago after buying a ticket at the very last minute for one of the shows next week (hopefully!), but the bad part is you're so much a freak you'll tell your co-workers the real reason and they won't even bat an eyelash. :shh:

^ Actually happened today. :hyper:

(My 2nd post here.... :reject: I'm beginning to scare myself!!)

When you're sitting in church on Sunday morning watching the children's choirs perform their latest program & the projection screen that provides visuals corresponding to the songs shows a screen of multicolored lights with a white human image walking across the screen..... and, yep, you guessed it - the first thing that goes through your mind is: That looks like a part the light show that U2's using right now!! :hyper:

Then your husband looks over & TELLS you exactly what you were just thinking!!! :yes: :ohmy:

(does this mean I have a problem????) :giggle:

Last edited:
BluRmGrl said:
(My 2nd post here.... :reject: I'm beginning to scare myself!!)

Then your husband looks over & TELLS you exactly what you were just thinking!!! :yes: :ohmy:

(does this mean I have a problem????) :giggle:

Yep, you need a 12 step program, I'll be your sponsor.

BWU2Buffs said:

Yep, you need a 12 step program, I'll be your sponsor.

But I don't WANT to get better!!! :scream:
I don't like this intervention :no:... I'm going to go home, lock myself in my U2 shrine, & plan my outfit for Charlotte. :p

:D :D :D :D :D :D

sorry -but as I'm begining to have some signs of obsession I needed to share

1. You've just seen 4 chicago shows and as you are driving away you are already planning on the fall
2. You curse your maxed out credit card for not allowing you to go over to Europe to see even more shows (but its not out of the question)
3. The music overheard prior to the kings of leon and u2 sounds great - in fact you already have all of the songs and now you've made a playlist of the music
4. Kings of Leon - you hear the music and think "good times, good times"
5. The Arcade Fire's wake up, while a friggin wonderful song on its own, sounds all wrong without the "EVERYONE, EVERYone" tagged on - also when the song comes on the radio you get absurdly excited for no apparent reason
6. You can accurately point out various members of the u2 organization by the stage/soundboard etc
7. You have memorized the speech Bono makes between Pride and Streets
8. You tage the Scott Waker "No Regrets" to the end of "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own"
9. SO conditioned are you, that when the starbucks coffee guy hands you your drinks saying uno, dos....well you know what to do
10. The Human Rights Thingy? - memorized that too

extra - ticketmaster is bookmarked/scalper prices just don't seem as steep as they used to

1. Rent is paid...phone bill, cable bill, and food shopping can all wait. (looking for 1 more NJ)
2. Co-worker injects U2 song titles in all conversation surrouding you.
3. Your therapist suggests going to as many shows as possible!:coocoo: :rolleyes:
4. You pull teeth and go through a root canal, so the cavities aren't aggravated during the high notes...:p
And I'm on here an awful lot lately...
Jess

lauren430 said:
where do I start......

you're flying across country giving up time with your friend who is getting married that week to see them 2 nights in a row

you're already planning on what outfit you're going to wear to look cute and hopefully get Bono's attention

you're worrying/excited about everything tour related so much so that you're not studying for your first year law school exams

:crazy:

me too... I’ so obsessed, that I search the net for info if U2 is going to come to Australia.
And in case they are not coming, I'm thinking of ways to convince my parents to send me to USA or UK to see them…. Like that’s going to happen!!! Maybe if I keep on it till they cave!!!

:giggle: :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom