How soon after sell out will 2nd shows open up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KentK

The Fly
Once first shows sell out this weekend, how soon will they open up 2nd/3rd shows for Chicago, San Jose, etc? Are we talking less than a hour or the next day or what?

Yeah, I'm wondering as well........I think in the US they'll announce the dates right after they sell out, and they'll probably go on sale the next day or the day after...

It's all based on how quickly the shows sell. In the major markets, shows should be sold out within 10 minutes, so historically they have put second shows on sale shortly after that. If a show takes 1-2 hours to sell out, they'll feel the momentum is lost and give it another week or 2 before announcing a second show. This gives them enough time to publicize in the media that a second show is going on sale and build the awareness and excitement more.

In 2001, the opening night in Sunrise, FL took several hours to sell out. As a result the already planned second show was not announced until I believe 3 weeks later. When put on sale it then sold out as well.

amsterdam 13 and milan 17 so that's 4 days between (not to have a couple of days off but for the 2nd and 3rd show in amsterdam)

According to u2tours.com, Dutch media have been mentioning July 15 and 16 as the 2 provisional additional dates in Amsterdam. That leaked tour internerary had July 21 reserved to be used as either a second night in Milan or an added show in Florence. Italy's a huge market for U2, so definitely expect that date to be used.

Well, take this with a grain of salt but Paul McGuindess (not my most admired personality these days) seems to have indicated in U2.com that screwed fans in Tuesday's pre-sale fiasco would also have a first dib at these additional shows:

"While the Autumn leg is not confirmed yet, the already announced opening North American leg is likely to include rollover dates - that is additional shows in currently advertised venues. We will be mailing U2.Com subscribers who have not yet been able to buy tickets in the North American presale with early information on how to buy tickets at these additional first leg shows."

If you go by his words, then no show should be added on the day of the general sale. Shows would be added probably the week after with sometime during the week for a pre-sale.

But then again, they screwed us once, they could screw us again.

Last edited:
U2@NYC, at least what Paul M is stating shows that flooding Principle Management with all the phone calls and faxes at least has had some effect. I thought this was a possible way they could try to redeam themselves, but your hesitation to fully buy into is completely warranted.

U2@NYC said:
Well, take this with a grain of salt but Paul McGuindess (not my most admired personality these days) seems to have indicated in U2.com that screwed fans in Tuesday's pre-sale fiasco would also have a first dib at these additional shows:

"While the Autumn leg is not confirmed yet, the already announced opening North American leg is likely to include rollover dates - that is additional shows in currently advertised venues. We will be mailing U2.Com subscribers who have not yet been able to buy tickets in the North American presale with early information on how to buy tickets at these additional first leg shows."

If you go by his words, then no show should be added on the day of the general sale. Shows would be added probably the week after with sometime during the week for a pre-sale.

But then again, they screwed us once, they could screw us again.

Good point. If he sticks to his word (*cough*), then I agree they might not add any new shows this weekend during the public sale. So then the plan for those of us with unused codes would be have another crack at the new first leg shows.

But unless they change the presale format or # of tickets, I don't see how our odds would improve any. They will just be setting themselves up for another wave of bitching by the fans (rightfully so, of course).

In the past, the second Chicago show was added 15-20 minutes after tickets first went on sale, and the third about another 20 minutes after that.

They *could* release the 2nd/3rd shows to the general public first and have the "presale" after with tickets that were withheld from the general sale.

Halup said:
U2@NYC, at least what Paul M is stating shows that flooding Principle Management with all the phone calls and faxes at least has had some effect. I thought this was a possible way they could try to redeam themselves, but your hesitation to fully buy into is completely warranted.

True, and I will continue to flood them every day. I will send them another fax tomorrow.

Hey, at least I make them waste paper...

U2@NYC said:

Um, that would be a first-ever that I see something like that (post-sale). But, yet again, with the recent messes anything is possible.

I don't think that TM would allow a rollover on the public on-sale day not to happen. That's how they sell out shows. It's the only way I can see them wedging a members-only sale into the mix.

It is all up in the air, which has been the general nature of this tour.

Very poorly organized. U2 deserves better.

What time did they announce the second (UK) twickenham gig? It must have been sometime between 9.20 and 10.30, as I gave up at 9.20, then tried again at 10.30 and there it was!

No pre-sale for this second gig tho - I am certainly glad I didnt spend the $40.

On UK ebay there are over a 1000 pairs of tickets - at £400-£500 per pair! how did they buy these? (numbered rows a lot of them). Were there 1000+ pre-salers in the UK alone who bought just to sell? Did they ALL pay $40?
It's all a joke!
ark

avivacat said:
In the past, the second Chicago show was added 15-20 minutes after tickets first went on sale, and the third about another 20 minutes after that.
:yes: That happened for Providence for Elevation; Oct 30 sold out in a few minutes, and Oct 31 was added and sold out a few minutes later. Two shows gone in an hour. :| Good thing Ticketmaster opens up more seats the night of the event...

They just added one London date that sold out, despite what McGuinness seemed to imply about giving U2.com members a potential shot at an additional pre-sale.

Another abuse from U2.com.

Back
Top Bottom