How much will this tour cost you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleban77

The Fly
How much will this tour cost you?

So far, I've spent about $800 on tickets. This doesn't include airfare and hotel to a bunch of the shows. When all is said and done, I expect the total cost to be over $2000.

For me, well worth it. I try and rationalize it by saying it's only once every few years. :)

Happy to say "Zero" dollars since I could not get tickets. So I have that much more money in my pockets.

Plus with a small portion of the $$$ I would have spent on a U2 concert I got good seats to the Kenny Chesney concert. :yes:

So far, $1047 on tix to 12 shows and $250 on airfare from NY to San Jose and 3 nights hotel (got some deals on that one!). The bus to/from Boston will be $30 and 3 nights in a hotel will probably run about $165-210, might be cheaper if I get a share. The other 8 shows are local, so the grand total will be around $1500.

However, I am eagerly awaiting where the 4th leg might go, and when it might be...could up that total considerably! :yikes:

However, I am eagerly awaiting where the 4th leg might go, and when it might be...could up that total considerably!

Ha! I'm afraid for the 4th leg as well. But, that will be considered next year's expenses, right? Right. :)

Pleban77 said:

Ha! I'm afraid for the 4th leg as well. But, that will be considered next year's expenses, right? Right. :)

Yup. :wink: Actually if I do any 4th leg shows I'm going to use my frequent flyer miles for the plane ticket, definitely could not afford to actually pay for a plane ticket to someplace like Australia (I'm holding out hope that they'll do S. America, would go there over Australia). Still, there's hotels and travel within whatever country, I would make a proper vacation out of any 4th leg trip.

I would make a proper vacation out of any 4th leg trip.

Same here. With the exception of a few local NYC shows, the rest have become simply long weekends. No "real" vacation this year.

Pop Artist said:
However, I am eagerly awaiting where the 4th leg might go, and when it might be...could up that total considerably! :yikes:

I'm afraid for the 4th leg as well. But, that will be considered next year's expenses, right?

guys, guys...

leave the 4th leg to me... ok? :wink:

Last edited:
Pleban77 said:

Same here. With the exception of a few local NYC shows, the rest have become simply long weekends. No "real" vacation this year.

Most of my shows will be based in the NYC area..but I'm going to chicago for 3 with air and hotel and 1 Met game that will cost about a $1G. Then my main trip is when I go to Amsterdam in July, I don't need U2 shows to go there but what a plus:hyper:
This will hit me hard in the wallet...but fuck it, you only live once :uhoh:
Then there is a little trip to Tampa in Nov that will cost less than 300 total.

I predict I will spend a total of $5000.00 by the end of this year on the Vertigo tour.

No spoken words said:
After the 3 NY area shows, we're talking around $1,500. Worth every cent.

Actually, when you factor in the airfare to NYC and all the gas I've used lately, closer to $2,000. Still worth every cent, and I have a feeling I'm not done yet with making last minute plans to see shows. Like someone said earlier in the thread, it's an expense easily justifiable because it only occurs every 4 years or so.

Bobo U2 said:

Most of my shows will be based in the NYC area..but I'm going to chicago for 3 with air and hotel and 1 Met game that will cost about a $1G. Then my main trip is when I go to Amsterdam in July, I don't need U2 shows to go there but what a plus:hyper:
This will hit me hard in the wallet...but fuck it, you only live once :uhoh:
Then there is a little trip to Tampa in Nov that will cost less than 300 total.

I predict I will spend a total of $5000.00 by the end of this year on the Vertigo tour.

Well said, and seeing them overseas would be so cool, I'm jealous. By the way, what part of The Bronx are you from?

Two GAs each for the following:

SD1
SD2
AN1
AN2
LA1
LA2
SJ1
SJ2
PHX1
PHX2
Dublin1
Dublin2
Paris1
Paris2
LA3
LA4
Vegas1
Vegas2
Oakland1
Oakland2
Last US show
Last tour show

Thanks to Ebay, I'm at $6000 now, only counting tickets, with no 3rd leg purchased yet.

3 shows, x 2 tickets at 50 something plus "convenience fees", and one t-shirt.

About $400, but one of the people who I brought with me, paid for her and my ticket, so about $300.

lemon_vr6 said:

SD1
SD2
AN1
AN2
LA1
LA2
SJ1
SJ2
PHX1
PHX2
Dublin1
Dublin2
Paris1
Paris2
LA3
LA4
Vegas1
Vegas2
Oakland1
Oakland2
Last US show
Last tour show

Thanks to Ebay, I'm at $6000 now, only counting tickets, with no 3rd leg purchased yet.

That's awesome. Wow.

lemon_vr6 said:

SD1
SD2
AN1
AN2
LA1
LA2
SJ1
SJ2
PHX1
PHX2
Dublin1
Dublin2
Paris1
Paris2
LA3
LA4
Vegas1
Vegas2
Oakland1
Oakland2
Last US show
Last tour show

Holy shit, dude. I will now address you as 'Uncle Moneybags.'

No spoken words said:

Well said, and seeing them overseas would be so cool, I'm jealous. By the way, what part of The Bronx are you from?

A section called Riverdale...A few blocks from Yonkers, right on the Hudson. I use to live on the Grand Concourse and 199th St.
Were you from the Bronx??

Bobo U2 said:

A section called Riverdale...A few blocks from Yonkers, right on the Hudson. I use to live on the Grand Concourse and 199th St.
Were you from the Bronx??

"A section called Riverdale", I love it. I spent my Hs years in Riverdale, after school, playing stickball and basketball over at PS 24, my best friend used to live in the Century Building.

I'm from Woodlawn, my parents still live there. I'll be there in May, readying for the 3 NY-area shows.

No spoken words said:

"A section called Riverdale", I love it. I spent my Hs years in Riverdale, after school, playing stickball and basketball over at PS 24, my best friend used to live in the Century Building.

I'm from Woodlawn, my parents still live there. I'll be there in May, readying for the 3 NY-area shows.
Very cool....I have friends in Woodlawn and I use to live right off of McLean in Yonkers a few years back. Enjoy the shows...

2 Anaheim shows - $350
1 LA GA show - $300
2 Phoenix GA shows - $400
Nearly getting into a fist-fight everytime someone pushes their way in front of me on the floor of a U2 concert...PRICELESS!

(so that totals to about $1050, but add $300 for two nights in a Phoenix hotel...that's $1350. I also plan on getting GA's for Oakland and Vegas, so that should be another $600 or so...)

Hmm...own a house or see a couple U2 shows...? Decisions, decisions.

Back
Top Bottom