How much did you spend on tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lemon_vr6 said:
Deep breath...

I promised myself not to do this...
$5250. I'm going to hang myself now.

:eek: Wow.

Just shuffled around a little and paid my AMEX bill...$713.25 (all face incl. TM fees) for six tickets to five shows. But, I have one extra ticket to unload one way or another so the final for Leg 1 will be either $605.70 for five shows or $713.25 for six shows. And I get to do this all over again for Leg 3 starting in 10 days. :yikes:

$150 for three shows, two of them GA.

Afraid of how much the airfare from Australia to the US will be, though!

2 tickets for LA 1 @ 160 each plus ticketmaaster charges.
2 tickets for San Diego #2 @ 100 each + ticketmaster charges
2 tickets GA for Phoenix #1 GA 52.oo each + ticketmaster charges

about $680

500 for San Diego
500 for Anaheim
500 for Los Angeles

I should be a crack addict.

$731.75 Canadian for 6 tickets.

Van 1
1 GA

Van 2
1 lower bowl
2 lower bowl behind stage
2 balcony side of arena

$1300 or so. 10 total GA tickets for all nights in Chicago (2, 2, 2, and 4 tickets for corresponding dates) :)

$850 or so for 8 total tickets to both Denver and all 3 Boston. My husband and I managed to get a hold of every kind of ticket from GA to nosebleed, all for face value. Then of course there's travel expenses...

Axver said:
$150 for three shows, two of them GA.

Afraid of how much the airfare from Australia to the US will be, though!

Axver, I just got back from Australia. My ticket was $1625 from L.A...ka-ching!

Tickets: £1080 approx
Flights & Accommodation: £1640 approx
The look on my bank managers face: priceless :wink:

There are somethings I really really wish I didn't bother to find out...this is def. one of them. :ohmy:

UKTan said:
Tickets: £1080 approx
Flights & Accommodation: £1640 approx
The look on my bank managers face: priceless :wink:

There are somethings I really really wish I didn't bother to find out...this is def. one of them. :ohmy:

:lmao:

i'm tellin' ya, nothing good to come out of this thread when we have to face the reality of what we've spent! :yikes:

ruffian said:

:lmao:

i'm tellin' ya, nothing good to come out of this thread when we have to face the reality of what we've spent! :yikes:

You're right about that. I'm not doing any tallying until after the tour. If I knew what I was spending beforehand it might put a damper on the whole thing.

I remember the tally I did after Elevation and it came to over $9,000,:crazy:

How about $830 for 4 Croke Park tickets.............that never came. Paid via wire to a guy in the UK. Next day, went to ebay and his user name is gone. I called MoneyGram, and I'm going to alert the authorities in London and on ebay if I don't hear from him by tomorrow. I have his name, but he could have lied about his address.

I'm sick to my stomach. This guy needs a beating.

theoeiii said:
How about $830 for 4 Croke Park tickets.............that never came. Paid via wire to a guy in the UK. Next day, went to ebay and his user name is gone. I called MoneyGram, and I'm going to alert the authorities in London and on ebay if I don't hear from him by tomorrow. I have his name, but he could have lied about his address.

Man I feel for you on that one. A friend of mine was ripped off $5500 for Super Bowl tickets via the same situation. He also paid via wire to a guy in London, wonder if its the same cunt.

oh yea on the subject

4 GA's total (split between my g/f and myself using our user codes) for both Philly shows, face value.

First time I can actually say I was pleased with Ticketmaster. Funny part is I was initially screw'd over during the presale.

theoeiii said:

That sucks! :hug:

I did a trade through craigslist and before meeting the guy in person, I had him email me his confirmaton from ticketmaster and bring his reciept!

njelevation06 said:
2 GAS Philly - $120 for the 2
3 GAS NJ 2- $180 for the 3
2 NY reserved - $200 for the 2
1 NJ 1 reserved - $120 (170 ticket but i got a deal)
TOTAL - $620
TOTAL ONCE MY FRIENDS PAY THEIR SHARE - $340 ... not bad for the seats I have :) very luck this leg, hopefully next leg wil lbe the same

that is awesome, you did better than mine but I was more concerned with getting the tickets than actually looking for deals. You scored well on the NJ one.

ramblin rose, what kind of example are you setting for young alex???? just kidding, if you have it, spend it. :ohmy:

1 GA for Anaheim 1 for face value $55.00 plus charges via presale
1 GA for Staples 2 via ebay for $260
1 GA for Phoenix for $66.00 via ticketmaster presale ( can't make it so giving it to a friend)
2 reserved seats for San Diego 1 ($51.00) FREE thanks to a friend who can't make it here from New Mexico. ( How AWESOME are u2 fans??:yes:

Still Need:
1 good tix for the Anaheim 2 and Staples 1.

ruffian said:

holy mary mother of god.
:bow:

Mind you that wasn't just tickets that included all of the travel, hotel etc. I manage money for a living so keeping track of my expenses is something I do very well.

I won't even get into Popmart.:yikes:

Chicago May 7 - $80 each for two reserved seats, section 225 ($49.50 + fees + shipping + a little extra cus I'm nice), getting them as soon as I receive my tax refund and pay the guy

Chicago May 9 - $175 each for two GAs, have them in hand

Got nothing in the presale or general sale.

Last edited:
ramblin rose said:

Mind you that wasn't just tickets that included all of the travel, hotel etc. I manage money for a living so keeping track of my expenses is something I do very well.

I won't even get into Popmart.:yikes:

Oy, I don't want to get into Popmart either, did a lot of travel and hotels for that one too. Think I'm still paying it off! Elevation was much cheaper, I didn't go overseas and the two trips I had to fly I stayed with my sister and parents. I'm getting away pretty cheaply for San Jose for this tour, $267 total for the flight from NYC and 3 nights hotel.

Current tour - $230 for two Denver GA's
Lifetime - we are pushing $1,400 for 13 shows; add another $1,000 for travel.
Modest, compared to some posts.

Anybody over the $2K range care for my wife's email address - she thinks I spend a lot :wink:

2 NY GA's ( approx. $125 ) pre-sale
2 more NY reserved ( approx. $ 240 ) general sale
( My friends bought these tickets and spent $365 ...we're all going to this show...)

2 CHI reserved ( approx. $ 240 ) pre-sale
10 more CHI reserved ( approx. $ 1150 ) general sale
(Going with my friends to 3 of the 4 Chicago shows )
( I bought all of these tickets )

I spent $1390 on U2's tour so-ooo far....and this doesn't include the 3rd leg yet...WOW!!! I'm gonna be "dishing out" more "mega" bucks afterall, but hey, that's alright... U2's worth every penny...
We're gonna try to see other shows on the 3rd leg too...
not just, ( like always ) New York and Chicago gigs..

Back
Top Bottom