How many times U2 got booed on stage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butter7

War Child
I thought they didn't, but they did. Listened to the Melbourne 2 boot, people booed U2 after Edge (or Bono) said "goodnight Sydney" instead of Melbourne.

I believe they did it as a joke. But the question is, how many times U2 got booed on stage? Quite often I suppose? :scratch:

Quite rarely, I think. Others could answer this better than I, but I suspect there have only been a few instances. I've heard a few boots where the audience grows audibly uncomfortable after Bono loses his temper (older shows), but that's it.

bgmckinney said:
Quite rarely, I think. Others could answer this better than I, but I suspect there have only been a few instances. I've heard a few boots where the audience grows audibly uncomfortable after Bono loses his temper (older shows), but that's it.

Every time John Howard appeared as an image during the Australian Vertigo tour.

A few early club shows I would guess. Also on the first leg of the UF tour they tried to start one of the concerts with MLK and got booed for it.

I think the UF one was the opening night in Paris.

Also once in Germany (Dortmund perhaps) on Lovetown when they only played a short set.

butter7 said:
I thought they didn't, but they did. Listened to the Melbourne 2 boot, people booed U2 after Edge (or Bono) said "goodnight Sydney" instead of Melbourne.

I believe they did it as a joke. But the question is, how many times U2 got booed on stage? Quite often I suppose? :scratch:

Butter 7 - Yep, Edge got booed when he 'accidently' (??) said thanks to Sydney at the Melbourne gig. Booing was in good jest. Larry did wet himself!

More importantly though - have you got a Melbourne 2 Bootleg? And more importantly (again), Is there a source I can get said bootleg from?

Re: Re: How many times U2 got booed on stage?

gonad said:

Butter 7 - Yep, Edge got booed when he 'accidently' (??) said thanks to Sydney at the Melbourne gig. Booing was in good jest. Larry did wet himself!

More importantly though - have you got a Melbourne 2 Bootleg? And more importantly (again), Is there a source I can get said bootleg from?
Only Bad has surfaced from the bootleg, it's torrented at u2torrents.com. The whole show will be torrented in the next few days by the same taper as Melbourne I.

And to the booing, they're has never been so much booing from the U2 crowd as during the Vertigo tour. The many images on the Zoo slots before the encore of prime minister Blaire or George W. Bush got often such reactions but I don't think that's anything to do with U2's stage performance ;)

WinnieThePoo said:
when Edge sang Macarena karaoke in Barcelona during popmart tour , oh boy , you should hear that one

:yes: :laugh: :laugh:

Edge has a wicked sense of humor. I know he made that Melbourne comment just to have a bit of fun... I'd love to see him get a bit more mic time, and see what came out of his mouth.

1989-12-18 - Amsterdam, well I think that that crowd was rude when they boed. Bono's voice was gone, why boed? If they had contunie the show he could destroyd the voice.

what about at the Free Tibet concert organized by the Beastie Boys in 1997? I had heard that U2 played a strong (but short) set and the audience booed because they wanted more. is this true?

Back
Top Bottom