How many shows are you attending?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Total # of shows

Votes: 13 4.0%

Votes: 61 18.7%
  • 2-3

Votes: 88 27.0%
  • 4-5

Votes: 61 18.7%
  • 6-7

Votes: 38 11.7%
  • 8-9

Votes: 23 7.1%
  • 10-12

Votes: 19 5.8%
  • 13-15

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • 16-19

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • 20+

Votes: 9 2.8%

• Total voters
Well, it was originally supposed to only be 4 . . . (3 on 1st leg, 1 in the fall).

But it turned into 5 on the first leg and 3 in the fall :).

As for it being excessive, I can see that point, but on the other hand, I've waited a long time to be this excessive :wink:.

I didn't go to my first concert (not even my first U2 concert) until I was almost finished with college. I never really traveled out of state at all until I had been working a few years. It's nice now to finally be able to be at a point in my life where I can do these types of things like traveling out of state to see a show. I would even do more if I could afford it and had the vacation time.

Like other people have said, it's not just about seeing the band (although that's a big part :wink: ). It's about meeting other people and seeing different sites in different cities too :yes: .

I'm fortunate to have acquired 8 tickets-Chicago 2, 3, and 4 in May. Best shows I've ever seen. Chicago 1 in Sept, Detroit 2, Atlanta 2, Cleveland, and Portland.

Based on the poll, it appears that the 217 people who have voted so far are going to see a combined 1,146 Vertigo Tour shows. This means that the average interferencer plans to see 5 shows on the Vertigo tour!

lemon_vr6 said:

There's only one band that I will wait in line for days to get tickets for. There is only one band that I will follow around for ten straight shows. There is only one band that I will fly to Europe to see five times. There is only one band out of the over three hundred I have seen that makes me feel a certain way when I am at their shows. The challenge isn't on me to support new or different bands, the challenge is on them to make me feel that way, too. U2 won't be around forever, but while they're here I will spend everything I've got to see them.

I don't think that there is anything i can add to this excellent answer. Except I agree 100%

Oh, 3 shows - Dublin 27th June, Paris 9th July, Amsterdam 16th July.

Dammit, I'm bringing the average down.

Also dammit about that holiday abroad booked in October last year causing me to miss the entire UK leg of the tour.

God!!! You guys are freaks!!! In average you people see like 5 shows in one tour... Go and get some desintoxication...You're all completely addicted...lol...Personnally, I see one show (I'll be my first)...I think that if you go too oftenly, it loses its magic...But it's just my opinion...:hyper:

Mynthor said:
God!!! You guys are freaks!!! In average you people see like 5 shows in one tour... Go and get some desintoxication...You're all completely addicted...lol...Personnally, I see one show (I'll be my first)...I think that if you go too oftenly, it loses its magic...But it's just my opinion...:hyper:

If this is your first time to see U2, your opinion about only going to one show may change.:wink:

How many times have you listened to the new album?

19 shows so far on this tour, and I think I have 14 shows for the 3rd leg. :reject:

STING2 said:

If this is your first time to see U2, your opinion about only going to one show may change.:wink:

Definately agree with that! A week ago i saw my first u2 concert, and now i'm so jealous of people who go to see more concerts. If i knew it would be so amazing, i would have definately planned a vacation to barcelona, or lisbon or something (if only there was somebody crazy enough to go with me :wink: ).
So next tour..... i will definately go more than once :yes:

The most important question is how hungry we are for more. That is a testament to the quality of the band as much as anything else.
The chart shows most of us have done, or are doing an obscene number of gigs that get us very strange looks from our friends on the outside.
I've done four in England, two in Ireland and one in Wales but there's no where I'd rather be this weekend than Italy, the only thing stopping me is the money. I'm sure there are plenty of others like this who'd love to do more but don't have the cash or the time off.
So come then who wants to sponsor me to go to some third leg shows?:)

Last edited:
I'm probably not the first person to notice this, but on the U2tours.com web-site there is a guy from Iceland who is going to every single date of the European Tour. His posts are always different and his style is rather "ad-hoc Willy Williams". Seems to just about work but he is getting rather bored with the some of the tunes that the boys are playing at times!!!

STING2 said:

How many times have you listened to the new album?

Well, my opinion will maybe change...who knows???

To answer your question, I actually have HTDAAB at home and I just don't stop listening to it...it seems like since I have this CD the other ones I got are just shit... U2 ROCKSSSSS!!!! :rockon:

ruffian said:
19 shows so far on this tour, and I think I have 14 shows for the 3rd leg. :reject:

I'm not worthy :bow:

I thought I was doing alright with 24 shows...I'm an amateur :sigh: :wink:

Btw, if you have any spare for NY/Philly area at all, I maybe be interested in taking them off your hands :)

Cheers
Tanya

I am going to 8 this tour. my friends and family think I'm nuts.
i always tell them of a guy i met at an elevation show that was going to 78 shows on the elevation tour. it always makes me seem much more normal.

UKTan said:

I'm not worthy :bow:

I thought I was doing alright with 24 shows...I'm an amateur :sigh: :wink:

Btw, if you have any spare for NY/Philly area at all, I maybe be interested in taking them off your hands :)

Cheers
Tanya

hey I know you! We met in Seattle and then at Cardiff (where we were all nearly crushed to death)...I'm Alli's friend, and we texted back and forth...and I'm friends with Jesse. Hi! Wish I could help out w/ spares for Philly and NY. If I hear of anything I'll let you know :)

ruffian said:

hey I know you! We met in Seattle and then at Cardiff (where we were all nearly crushed to death)...I'm Alli's friend, and we texted back and forth...and I'm friends with Jesse. Hi! Wish I could help out w/ spares for Philly and NY. If I hear of anything I'll let you know :)

Yeah, I know :)...we never really got a chance to talk too much tho...too much GA line organising going on lol. I'm sure I'll see you at another show soon tho...I'm at Barcelona next, then Toronto so maybe will cya there :)

Whereever u'r at next tho...have a great time
Cheers
Tanya

I've attended 2 shows, Amsterdam I and Amsterdam III, too bad I didn't get tickets for some other shows in Europe ;(

UKTan said:

Yeah, I know :)...we never really got a chance to talk too much tho...too much GA line organising going on lol. I'm sure I'll see you at another show soon tho...I'm at Barcelona next, then Toronto so maybe will cya there :)

Cheers
Tanya

Tanya, see you in Toronto!

Kelly: torontochicagophiladelphiaatlantalasvegasdallashoustonclevelandcharlottestlouis :) and maybe portland. so i guess it's 15, possibly 16 for fall. yeah, you *say* just florida...jury's still out on that one :wink:

UKTan said:

Cheers
Tanya

Are you coming with Flav? :hyper:

I feel lucky to have seen the band once - even that was unexpected. I tried and tried the day tickets were released but darn Ticketmaster was jammed. (Thank the good Lord for Ebay!)

Anyway, I don't have deep pockets, nor do I have limitless time off, so the lads have had to do with my guest appearance in Cardiff :wink:

TheHead

Back
Top Bottom