How loud is the outdoor show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bazza

War Child
is it the same as the indoor show? i'm hoping it's REALLY LOUD!! but wasnt quite sure as i thought the sound may get diluted outdoors...

anyone with experiences pls tell.

bazza said:
thanks JCOSTER - that's what i was hoping for...

were you in reserve or GA?

One time I was on the floor of Giants Stadium across the end of the cat walk.

Another time at Giant Stadium I was in the 100's section on Edges side.

Both times they weren't that close.

At MSG for Vertigo I was 1st row behind the stage both times....

This is the only time I had ringing in my ears for 4-5 days, not joking. :huh:

At the millenium stadium show, my dad was outside and said he could hear u2 as clear as day on the streets of cardiff.

Jeannieco said:

Cool! Can't wait for Hawaii! Since this is the final show of the tour does anybody know what extras we might get?
Fireworks would be awesome. Do they do that any way at the outdoor shows?

I keep telling you people...

2nd Encore

All because Of You
Yahweh
Electrical Storm (with fireworks) :love:

then... MAYBE... with the fireworks still up... Vertigo again

(can you imagine fireworks PLUS volcano action? :drool: )

2nd stupid question, there won't be any volcano action, Diamond Head has been dormant for a very long time.

Fireworks, I doubt it.

Jeez.....Pearl Jam, Rocko & the Devils and U2 all in one night isn't enough?

Also in the area surrounding Aloha Stadium there is noise control and concerts must be over by 11pm I believe.

Carek1230 said:
2nd stupid question,
Fireworks, I doubt it.
Jeez.....Pearl Jam, Rocko & the Devils and U2 all in one night isn't enough?
Also in the area surrounding Aloha Stadium there is noise control and concerts must be over by 11pm I believe.

Geez. Apologies stupid fireworks question, I was just curious as this is my first U2 show. You don't have to be so condescending for those of us who have never attended a U2 concert in a stadium setting.

Since when does U2 worry about "rules"?? They can surely pay the fines for going over the time curfew. There is no way they will cut the concert short, especially since it's the very last show of the entire tour. I cannot wait. It sounds like you don't have tickets, sorry 'bout that, you are gonna miss a great show fireworks or not!!!!
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Jeannieco said:

Since when does U2 worry about "rules"?? They can surely pay the fines for going over the time curfew.

They were very careful to avoid running over the 10.30 deadline at the 2 Twickenham shows last year. Bono made a comment about it at the end of the first show saying that they had to observe the curfew but he was pissed off about it. As you say it's not as if they couldn't pay any fines -maybe they want to ensure they don't run into problems with booking the same venues in the future.:shrug:

Jeannieco said:

Geez. Apologies stupid fireworks question, I was just curious as this is my first U2 show. You don't have to be so condescending for those of us who have never attended a U2 concert in a stadium setting.

Since when does U2 worry about "rules"?? They can surely pay the fines for going over the time curfew. There is no way they will cut the concert short, especially since it's the very last show of the entire tour. I cannot wait. It sounds like you don't have tickets, sorry 'bout that, you are gonna miss a great show fireworks or not!!!!
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I know not averybody loves Fan Action.. but

I think EVERY person on GA should go with a sign that says. "WE'LL PAY THE CURFEW, PLEASE NEVER STOP"

:wink:

infact, just "WE'LL PAY THE CURFEW" should make it

Jeannieco said:

Since when does U2 worry about "rules"?? They can surely pay the fines for going over the time curfew.

When a band plays late though, it's not just about paying a fine. It's inconsiderate to the people working at the venue. Don't you hate it when you get stuck working late?

it's different I think...

Is not like a McDonalds working until the wee hours... A rock show IS a rock show...

When a ball game or football goes OT... no one says anything... hell, for the last Agassi games, the matches ended around 1 am ( :drool: GREAT GAMES)

"WE'LL PAY THE CURFEW"

pepokiss said:
it's different I think...

Is not like a McDonalds working until the wee hours... A rock show IS a rock show...

When a ball game or football goes OT... no one says anything... hell, for the last Agassi games, the matches ended around 1 am ( :drool: GREAT GAMES)

"WE'LL PAY THE CURFEW"

Some sports games also finish early, with it hopefully averaging out over the course of a season.

For instance, I've left an evening NHL hockey game at 9:30 when some end at closer to eleven and overtime playoff games are known to go past midnight.

u2fp

back to the volume level...

a true fully outdoor show will seem quieter than the indoor shows. there's no way around it, the sound has a chance to "escape." however, due to the lack of reverb the sound is crystal clear. absolutely pristine.

If you're a frequent concert-goer, do invest in a pair of tailor made earplugs. I have set of professional ones. The sound of a stadium gig chrystal clear while wearing the plugs.. Another advantage: you won't damage your hearing...
....Volume goes really up in the encores....

Greenlight said:

They were very careful to avoid running over the 10.30 deadline at the 2 Twickenham shows last year. Bono made a comment about it at the end of the first show saying that they had to observe the curfew but he was pissed off about it. As you say it's not as if they couldn't pay any fines -maybe they want to ensure they don't run into problems with booking the same venues in the future.:shrug:

Well with Twickenham it was particularly tricky because they were told in no uncertain terms that if they ran over the curfew on the first show, THERE WOULD BE NO SECOND SHOW. You can all imagine how that would have gone down.

That said, it's still a matter of respect. U2 is in someone else's town.

And by the way, Cohl is promoting U2 now? Oh dear...

T

Back
Top Bottom