How have you done so far with tickets for shows on 1st and 3rd legs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how the hell does a 17 yr old get to go to that many shows on who's money...his parents! Geez, I am not sure I would let my 17yr old son venture to all those shows whether they are close or not.. And aren't you in school during most of those 3rd leg shows? Your parents letting you miss those days from school? :scratch: :rolleyes:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
how the hell does a 17 yr old get to go to that many shows on who's money...his parents! Geez, I am not sure I would let my 17yr old son venture to all those shows whether they are close or not.. And aren't you in school during most of those 3rd leg shows? Your parents letting you miss those days from school? :scratch: :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly... Wow! My parents would kill me if I spent more than $500 on tickets - and I'm also expected to pay every bit of the expenses as well (getting there, food, etc.). You're one damn lucky kid! lol

As per the title of the thread... Erm, I'm only going to one show. lol. I almost feel inferior. LOL. It's all I could afford, really.

Chizip said:
now now lets not be jealous

No. Let us. Picture this: "Hey Ma, here's this months $5,000+ credit card bill for U2 tickets. I'll need another $4,500+ for hotel and airfare in the coming months, thanks Babe."

My Ma's head would blow up :combust:

Last edited:
stlelevation, uve inspired me. I was going to end it at what I have now, but I'm going for more now!

All GA/Standing by myself except Seattle 4/24 which i'm bringing my parents GA :)

Phoenix 4/14
Phoenix 4/15
Seattle 4/24
Seattle 4/25
Manchester 6/14
Manchester 6/15
London 6/18 (pending trade)
London 6/19
Glasgow 6/21
Dublin 6/24
Dublin 6/25 (pending trade)
Cardiff 6/29 (pending trade)
Portland 12/19

This list does not include NYC 5/21 or Toronto date(s) which i somehow will get tickets!

StlElevation said:

probably around there.

i live in the northeast so all the shows around this area are easy for travel.

i personally am only 17 and dont have a job. my job is going to school and playing baseball.

It's possible. Anything is possible. He does sound alittle bit like me, but I am surprised how he got three times the GA's that I got. I traveled when I was 18 on the Elevation tour for East Rutherford the last show on the first leg, Phillips Arena, Wachovia Center, and American Airlines Arena. But how much free time do you have? If you are playing high school baseball you playing American Legion or AAU ball? Also have you lined up colleges?

All Philly shows....

May 14 - nosebleeds behind the stage
May 22 - lower levels tickets, side of the stage
Oct 16 - waaaaaay in the back, nose bleeds
Oct 17 - GA!

I got seats in the absolute, total, top of all top rows for the Philly 5/14 show.

However, I woke up this morning, and decided to look on ebay to see what the prices for the Fall shows were looking like. Well, fuck me, I stumbbled across a PAIR of GA tickets for the October 16 show for only $275!!! I pulled out my credit card as quick as I possibly could. Wow, I'm so happy now. I'll be on the floor, for my first time ever, at my second U2 concert this fall! It's going to be surreal. I am just so filled with joy.

MrBrau1 said:

If you've been working for $10,000 worth of U2 tix and expenses more power to ya. You're very lucky.

lol, i wish man. i wish. if i get to see more than 5 shows, I'll be happy

Actually through all of the problems that went on with ticket buying this tour, my husband and I made out better this time around than last.....

San Diego 1- 2 ga's
San Diego 2- 2 ga's
Denver 1- 2 ga's
Denver 2- 2 ga's
San Jose 2- 2 ga's
Portland- 2 ga's
and if presale goes as smootly next week as it did this week I'm hoping we'll have
Salt Lake- 2 ga's

San Diego 1 : 2 reserved seats (free thanks to a friend:wink: )
Anaheim 1: GA (presale)
Anaheim 2: pending
Staples 4/5 and 4/6 GA (ebay :ohmy: $250 each tix!!)
Glendale, AZ GA (can't make it so gave it to a friend)
Staples 11/1 : pending (got nothing on gen. sale)
Staples 11/2: 2 GA's (presale)

So I'm pushing close to $1,000 just on tickets alone just in the LA area. Can you sav SAVINGS account on low right now. Anyway saved for this so it's all good. Just have to get good seats for the Anaheim and Staples show and I'm all done!! :wave:

May 9 Chicago 2 lowers
September 20 Chicago 1 lower
September 21 Chicago 2 GA

and that's it unless I can get tix for May 10 or 12.

Oops, double post. Don't know how that happened with the other post in between. :eyebrow: Sorry.

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:

No. Let us. Picture this: "Hey Ma, here's this months $5,000+ credit card bill for U2 tickets. I'll need another $4,500+ for hotel and airfare in the coming months, thanks Babe."

My Ma's head would blow up :combust:

I did 34 Metallica concerts(a year and a half 2003-2004 spent $17,000 traveling and for tickets), 8 Velvet Revolver shows, 5 Linkin Park shows, 4 Pearl Jam VFC concerts, 3 Ozzfest shows, and the HFStival. Thats aleast alot of $$$ and 98% of the tickets I purchase were at face.

I have 2 part time jobs, well 3 arena manager at a health club in the evening, stagehand part time(backstage working concerts all day) and dad supports me and sometimes I sell my extra concert tickets in order to travel to them through ebay. So 2 years on the road Metallica and now U2 thats insane but Rock N Roll is always 24/7 .

Ive decided to be not gready nice and fair to those people who can't even get one ticket and spare them that one extra seat. SOOOOO i am more then satesfied with seeing them just once at vancouver. I am not very greedy as i see some peeps are here

StlElevation said:

probably around there.

i live in the northeast so all the shows around this area are easy for travel.

i personally am only 17 and dont have a job. my job is going to school and playing baseball.

A little spoiled are we?? hope you repay your parents the money

for the socali shows coming up: none, nada, zero because I don't want to pay $400 for a ticket from Ebay or to brokers.

Larry took care of me for the Nov. shows.

Living in Melbourne, Australia it will be expensive to travel for these shows , but i figure if i'm paying all that money getting there , i may as well get my money's worth ......
New Jersey 1
New Jersey 2
Manchester 1
Manchester 2
London 1
London 2
Glasgow ( Hometown gig )
Dublin 1
Dublin 2
Toronto 1
Toronto 2
NYC 1
NYC 2
NYC 3
NYC 4
NYC 5

All are GA ( except NJ )
Am still hoping to trade for Philly 1 & 2
Bring on the Australasian Tour !!

Though it pales in comparison to what some of you have done, I'm pretty happy with my list:

(all are GA except NJ)

NJ 5/17
Boston 5/26
NYC 10/7
NYC 10/10
NYC 10/14
DC 10/20
NYC 11/22

So far, will be at these shows:-

MSG 21/5
Philly 22/5
Brussels 10/6
Manchester 14/6
Manchester 15/6
London 18/6
London 19/ 6
Dublin 24/6
Dublin 25/6
Berlin 7/7
Amsterdam 16/7
Milan 21/7
Barcelona 7/8
San Sebastian 9/8
Madrid 11/8
Lisbon 14/8
Boston 3/10
Boston 4/10
MSG 7/10
MSG 8/10
MSG 10/10
MSG 11/10
Montreal 26/11

Although two of those shows I am still waiting on tix but I will be there.

Before anyone starts about being greedy, the boys are only here this year, won't be back until '08-09 probably, so this is like my 'season ticket'...you never know when they will be back.

If I lived in the US, it would be many more :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom