How great is the Portland show going to be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the places they start and stop the tour have more to do with scheduling and availability of venues/artists than some other significance.

:shrug:

Lewis12 said:
We are coming down from Seattle as well. Last show of the tour. Why Portland? They have never ended in this region before. Strange place to end a tour. Could it be related to the long lost October album and personal items? Does anybody know or have an idea? I suspect it does relate.

It means they can sell out Portland, and a total of 5 shows in the pacific Northwest. Pretty good for a region that was skipped over in 1985 and only one show in 1987!!!

Portland also got a Bono speaking engagement in Oct 2004, which I attended. Seems silly for Bono to visit the Rose Garden twice in 6 months.

It's also not differnet than Oregon/Seattle dates of the popmart tour being 6 months apart. Speaking of the 1997, they played the final US show in Seattle.

u2fp

Rock on Portland! Saw Kanye West on SNL last night and not toooo bad. Now my son wants to go to Portland with me to see Kanye and U2. Yessssssssss another convert!

the guest host was that guy from the 40 year old virgin movie, he was funny.....I wanted to see Kanye perform. His first song was annoying to me but the 2nd song was alright. Still not so sure about him, or all the controversy surrounding him, but heck I'm going to see U2! :drool:

martha said:

Get crackin' son!

And plan some extra time for all that snow you guys have up there.

I'm driving from OC. It'll take a day and half more or less. I love to drive. :love:

It's our ice storms that can wreak havoc.

Howdy all!

Just some words of wisdom - we went to U2 for Seattle #2, and decided not to go listen to Kings of Leon because we heard they sucked so bad, and lo and behold, EDDIE VEDDER came out and performed with them while we were downing our margaritas in the hallway, and we missed it! My guess is that you should at least give Kanye a try, you never know who might just pop in on the act.

Also read that you all have birthdays then - I'll be 20 days out from my 35th - WOO HOO

Have a great time in Portland!!! On a side note, don't you think it sucks that NY gets SEVEN shows in a month, and we only get ONE up here on the 3rd leg??? That's why the ticket prices have gone through the roof - I think they should add another show and close it all out on the 20th, we definitely have the fan base for it up here in the Great Pacific Northwest. What do you think?

Julie

Back
Top Bottom