how early do you have to get there to get a spot on the outside of the elipse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well if you were there right now you'd be guaranteed a spot

to be safe id be there around 5am if i were you, that is if you really wanted a spot along the rail

Oh it was so nice on the last tour when people were so much more relaxed about it. I got to the Oct 30th Providence line at 8 AM and had a spot inside the heart on the the rail on Edge's side, just a few people from the exit. Had great fans around me too. Those were the days...

Also earlier in that tour, got to Boston line at 1 PM and got in the heart, even w/ the "pretty people" from the back of the line being taken in before me

Last edited:
SpaceBoy said:
I'm going to the Boston show tomorrow and I'm curious...

To get a rail spot on the outside you will need to be at least in the 50-60 range in line (unless you get buzzed into the ellipse, then you probably need to be 100-150 to get a rail spot in front).

You probably need to be 100-120 to get on the lip of the rail.

I was in line by 4:30 for both East Rutherford shows and got on the rail outside the elipse on the Edge's side for the first show and INSIDE the elispe on the rail in front of Edge for the second show!!

MrsSpringsteen said:
Oh it was so nice on the last tour when people were so much more relaxed about it. I got to the Oct 30th Providence line at 8 AM and had a spot inside the heart on the the rail on Edge's side, just a few people from the exit. Had great fans around me too. Those were the days...

Also earlier in that tour, got to Boston line at 1 PM and got in the heart, even w/ the "pretty people" from the back of the line being taken in before me

:ohmy: I must have been standing next to you! Or very close by if that's the case.

people were more relaxed about it last time because you knew if you were part of the first 300 then youd be in the heart, and then there would be abot 75 spots along the rail on the outside, so if you were within the first 375 people you were guaranteed a great spot

this time you cant assume you will be in the ellipse, so to guarantee a spot along the rail on the outside, you have to make sure youre in the top 75. and because they split the line you need to be in the top 30-40 in your line at least. thats a lot different than being in the top 375.

so if you want to guarantee a great spot you have to show up a lot earlier this time than last

Last edited:
if you'd like i could reverse the spin of the earth, thus turning back time and giving you a chance to get a better spot on the GA line :up:

No offense, but I don't really care about all that, how it is now.. whatever. And sarcastic comments really aren't necessary, are they? Created by a person w/ three posts? The alter crap on here is so ridiculous and immature. One reason I avoid this part of the forum usually, the silliness and crap is so predictable.

This is just my personal story that no one here cares about really, but I just felt like telling it. A guy I met in college-we actually met because he noticed a U2 button I had on my backpack. We lost touch after college. I found out he was killed in Iraq after reading govt released list of casualties in the newspaper last year and tracking down some info from other people.

He never got to hear the new U2 album or see a U2 show this time around. That's what I'll be thinking about and have been thinking about.

I think some people have really gotten carried away and lost all perspective. I'm not referring to anyone specific here (I know better than to do that, of course :wink:), just in general. It was much friendlier and more pleasant last time. Being "competitive" w/ other U2 fans and having it turn into a negative experience isn't my thing.

Last edited:
i dont really see either tour being more or less "competitive"

last your you just tried to be in the top 300 to be sure you were in the heart, this time you just need to be in the top 75 to be sure to get a rail spot

i dont blame u2 fans for trying to get the best spot possible, thats what GA allows fans to do. as long as everyone goes about it in a fair way, not by line cutting, then everybody is very pleasant and friendly. all the GA lines I've been in have been a great experience.

you mentioned the Boston show where the pretty people got in first. the first people in line cryed and went to the back of the heart and sat down for the first song as a form of protest. keep in the mind they were still in the heart, just not along the front rail. now that is competitive.

any time there is a General Admission type system there will be "competition" to get the best spot possible, its just human nature.

Last edited:
I got to the Wachovia Center on Sunday just before 9 and was in the right corner of the second row, right outside the ellipse. I had an amazing view, and had the side rail to lean against (when I wasn't jumping up and down). But for Boston, I'm guessing you'll have to go a lot earlier. In Philly, those at the head of both the regular and fan club lines had been there since the night before. Good luck!

In Philly 2 I showed up at 6pm and I was 2 people behind the railing outside the ellipse, just right of center. I could see just fine and was about 6 feet away from Bono when he came by, but if I had been just a few feet behind it would have been more difficult.

The reason I had such a great spot was that I went straight to the U2.com line just as doors were opening, and it was about 1/3 of the size of the other line.
I also noticed that many people just next or in front of me had pretty low numbers on their hands, so they probably had been there all day.

Basically, if you need to be ON the railing, you have to be there early, probably before 7 or 8am, but if the railing is full, you can be one or two people behind and still have an amazing spot IMO. If you are a U2.com member and they do split the line, you could show up late (as I did) and still have an amazing spot.

Back
Top Bottom