How does it really work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ElectricalVoice

Refugee
When I go to the presale and enter my code - how does it really work? Do I have to log on to ticketmaster? Or just fill out a form? Do I have to register at ticketmaster first? Is it wise to register first? Or maybe it doesn't matter?

When i enter my code ... if i don't get through - is everything lost? What if i reload. Is the code lost then?

The presale for the show I want to get tickets for, starts very soon. Thanks for all the help.

Crossing my fingers ...

once your code is entered DONT close your browser down even if it times out. just refresh or hit back button. if you close your browser down and go back to the u2.com page/gateway you cant re-enter your code. good luck.

Log in with the link you got in the email from U2.com, the one that had your code. It should be either
http://www.u2.com/ticketing/usa.html
or
http://www.u2.com/ticketing/europe.html

You'll be asked for your presale code on the 2nd page you get to I think.

Definitely make a Ticketmaster account now. You only have like 2 minutes to buy the tickets once they're offered to you. Just go to Ticketmaster.com to do it. Also be sure to have the 3 digit code on the back of the CC you'll be using because you will need it to buy your tickets.

ElectricalVoice said:
I'm from Europe. Do I have to register on another ticketmaster site? The adress I must put in is american. How did you other europeans do this?

For which concert do you want to get tickets? Because it works different for US or European tickets.

Yeah european here!! I know for France they are selling them on ticketnet.fr, but I'm not sure about anywhere else..

ElectricalVoice said:
Ok, so it's different from the US. Anyone knows how it works in the rest of Europe? It starts tomorrow, and I have no hopes at all to get tickets.

ElectricalVoice, the Norway show pre-sale is on Wednesday 2nd Feb...do you have a pre-sale code?

If so, you just log onto U2.com, go to the tour info page and the pre-sale will be linked directly to the Valle Hovin sale...just click that and..voila!

No need to register with TM beforehand.

Just a random question, but my presale code is still on the members site of u2.com. does it work for europe even though i already got tix for the US?

norsehorse23 said:
Just a random question, but my presale code is still on the members site of u2.com. does it work for europe even though i already got tix for the US?

Unfortunately not, when you try and use it again you will get a message that it is invalid.

well, last week i was able to get to the purchase page for a show in glasgow or one of the uk ones, i dont remember, and used the same code i used for the US presale.

Well, you could try it and see but if a code is found to have been used twice then the orders will be cancelled. I guess the risk is yours.

I know some of the codes were reactivated after the early problems so that is probably why yours worked again...I know mine is now invalid:wink:

Yeah, MSG, Brussels and Dublin...so far:wink:

If I can't swing a trade for Twickenham before the show, I will go up on the nights and buy outside.

Thanks krby, i shouldn't be even trying for more shows, i am already going to three.... msg, philly, and nj. i was hoping, since i have family in norway, to see them in oslo too, to get an international audience. oh well, thanks for the advice, that was kinda what i was thinking too, too good to be true.

Hey Electrical voice, how do you get tickets in Norway???? i asked my cousin to get me tickets. since i live in the US, i figured it would be really difficult.

How many seats does Valle Hovin hold??? I heard somewhere that its about 40K people. For the US thats a small venue for a stadium. Is there a lot of 'buzz' about the show on NRK or the other networks?

The public sale for Norway is on Saturday, you will have to get up about 4 am to try from the USA. :ohmy:

that blows, i figure my cousins will come through with tix. since they live in norway, and one of them lives right by valle hovin. i love U2, but I don't think that waking up at 4 AM on a Saturday is worth it.

40 000 - I think it's closer to 30 000 or 35 000. Yes it's is small compared to other stadiums. Remember we're only 4.5 million people up here. :wink:

There are som "buzz". Especially in the newspapers. But also on NRK and other channels. There have also been some rumours that U2 are coming to Tromsø 12 June at the Mandela concert. But I doubt it. u2 are playin on the 11th and 13th.
U2 didn't visit Norway on the last tour, so we are very happy that they are coming this time. The last time was popmart where the lemon broke - at the very same venue. But I saw Elevation in Denmark, Sweden and Slane.

Join us at Valle Hovin, norsehorse23.

by the way, where in norway are you from, I have been there once, i studied in oslo for a summer. my family lives all over.

Back
Top Bottom