How 'bout them far back seats??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PopMartian33107

Acrobat
Hello. I'm attendng the Chcago show, and unfortunately, I'll be sitting pretty much towards the back of section 305- a nosebleed section.

How are these types of seats? Is the music still good? Can you see the band members themselves? And how about the curtains and lights and special effects, too? I want to see it all! :drool:

Anyone have pictures from some far away seats that they can share? Thanks!

That's All...

Does anybody have pictures from the nosebleed sections? I'm sure a lot of fans, including myself, would appreciate it!

mkdominatr said:
i heard that the top of the arena is especially good to see all of the lighting effects and such...

That's guaranteed ..... the lighting and effects from the front, middle or top views of the arena (at the 200-300 levels) is AWESOME !! The side views are good too ... they just don't show
the lighting or effects as "head-on" (right in front of you).

But the top views of the band .. are going to look like "ants" from that distance, so you will have to rely on the video screens in order to SEE them up-close !! That's the ONLY drawback ... when
being that far away ... but people can STILL enjoy the music and the overall view of special effects during the concert. :drool:

Hey PopMartian:wave:, I'm in the same position as you! Section 304 for me!

I'm happy to be in the building, but a little bummed that I won't get to make eye contact with the band or anything. Still, it's great to hear we'll get a great view of whatever visuals they have planned!

Also, many people have said to definitely bring binoculars. You can get really close-up views of the band that way. And it's an arena, so us losers up in the upper levels using our binoculars will still probably have a better view than the people stuck on the back end of the floor who can barely see the stage. So try to bring a pair!

Finally, check out this site

http://www.philipsarena.com/st0300/main/main.shtml

this is for Phillips arena in my hometown of Atlanta, but most arenas should be about the same I assume. Anyway, check out the option near the top right hand corner that says "seats in 3-d."

You can click on your section, and there's even an option to "find your seat." It's an estimate and everything, but it should give ya a general idea!:) Also, if they spend a good amount of time on the circular walkway thing, they'll be that little bit closer to where we're sitting.

hope that helps, see ya around:)

Back
Top Bottom