How Big Is The Ellipse/Bomb Shelter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kbkellyusa

Babyface
Hey All,

I was wondering approximately how many people can fit into the ellipse of the stage for the indoor arenas? I know they sell around 2000 floor tickets for each show and I have read there is about a 1/10 chance. So does this mean about 200 get inside? Just looking for confirmation.

Also, how far does it come out from the main stage? I recall the heart from the Elevation tour came out to approximately the middle of each arena. Is it about the same size as the heart was?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions!

Last edited:
kbkellyusa said:
Hey All,

I was wondering approximately how many people can fit into the ellipse of the stage for the indoor arenas? I know they sell around 2000 floor tickets for each show and I have read there is about a 1/10 chance. So does this mean about 200 get inside? Just looking for confirmation.

Also, how far does it come out from the main stage? I recall the heart from the Elevation tour came out to approximately the middle of each arena. Is it about the same size as the heart was?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions!

From what I've read I think a good estimate would be 450 people. Roughly 500 inside and 1500 outside the ellipse. That means roughly 750 - 800 people should be able to get within 5 rows of any point on the ellipse. So if you get there early enough, your chance of getting close to the ellipse should be about 1 in 2, or 50%.

around 200 beep, but you can bring a friend so 400 get in. So while there is a 1/10 chance of your ticket beeping, there is a 1/5 chance of you getting into the ellipse if you have a friend that will bring you in with them.

about how far it goes out, i'd say the tip goes out about the same distance as the heart did. personally, id rather be along the rail on the outside of the tip than inside the ellipse anyway.

^I've heard alot of people say that it's better to be on the rail just outside the ellipse. I haven't seen a show yet and only have tickets for one, they're GA. I want some good Larry views :drool: but it seems like Bono spends more time out there on the bridge. Toss up for me on where I want to be :huh:

I'm doing my first GA experience in Vegas, and I don't really care whether it is in the bomb shelter or outside. I aim to enjoy no matter what or where I end up.

Carek1230 said:
I'm doing my first GA experience in Vegas, and I don't really care whether it is in the bomb shelter or outside. I aim to enjoy no matter what or where I end up.

now what kind of attitude is that :tsk:

my chicago GA says 49.50 and Vegas says 52.50, but add on convenience charges and it's more like 60-65 bucks.

Last edited:
Chizip said:
my chicago GA says 49.50 and Vegas says 52.50, but add on convenience charges and it's more like 60-65 bucks.

You know, I think that's a damn good deal! You spend the whole show on your feet if you're in the seats anyways (usually) and if you get in early enough, but not super-early, you can get right by the tip of the elipse on the outside, too.

I'm going for GA from now on. :wink:

Yes, it's definitely a great deal. Sometimes they are a little tricky to get your hands on though :wink:

Chizip said:
Yes, it's definitely a great deal. Sometimes they are a little tricky to get your hands on though :wink:

a little tricky? And you got them at face + fees? Sheesh! Can you locate me to tix for 11/1, since you seem to have the magic touch :sexywink:

:nerd:

karinlv said:
^I've heard alot of people say that it's better to be on the rail just outside the ellipse. I haven't seen a show yet and only have tickets for one, they're GA. I want some good Larry views :drool: but it seems like Bono spends more time out there on the bridge. Toss up for me on where I want to be :huh:

That is a tough one, but I think if you want that good ole veiw of Lardence you should try to get as close as possible to the front!!:yes: Bono will be all over the place anyway:wink:

Well, I bit the bullet so to speak and bought tix for 2nd night. So now I'm hoping for ellipse one night, and outside the rail the other. Best of both worlds :up:

Lardence, :lol: I've never heard him called that!

karinlv said:
Well, I bit the bullet so to speak and bought tix for 2nd night. So now I'm hoping for ellipse one night, and outside the rail the other. Best of both worlds :up:

Lardence, :lol: I've never heard him called that!

I got that off of the Unforgettalbe Fire DVD:giggle: I am sure you should be able to pull off getting in the ellipse at least one of the two nights.You are very lucky I only have tixs for the 20th:( I will have to make the most of it..I am sure it will be a blast:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom