How about instead of blaming Hamish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mofo82 said:

I agree with trabantland. I was 15 feet outside the center of the ellipse at the Chicago DVD filming and the crowd was outstanding. The reason the crowd seems so stale on film is explained by Hamish himself on disc 2 of the Chicago DVD, in the documentary when Hamish is asked by his camera men if there should be clean shots of the crowd. His answer is "Feel the love, don't give it a name"

Again, "Feel the love, don't give it a name"

The only real crowd shots we have besiudes a bunch of hands waving in the air are the background shots of people moving around. THAT IS HAMISH'S FAULT. He edited out all of the great crowd scenes before they were even shot, so of course all you have to remember of the crowd ius them moving out of the seats. If there would have been even just one shot of an emotional audience member in the ellipse when 'Streets' opens up, we'd all remember that one scene as Chicago Vertigo 2005. Hamish didn't go that route and the emotional value of the Chicago DVD suffers from that standpoint.

How do you ignore the bands affects on the crowd when that's the reason they are playing?

That's why it falls in his lap- he made the decision.

Check out the bonus DVD and see his little decision. It burns me he'd say such a thing and think he was going to make a brilliant 'record' for the fans as he says he would do.

So does that make Hamish for concertmovies what Uwe Boll is for movies about computergames?

Back
Top Bottom