Houston Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Halup said:
I need to add Peter Garrett to 2 cds I have signed by the other 4, Blue Sky Mining and The Real Thing. I am thinking of sending them to his office. I'm sure if I clude money for return postage he would gladly sign them.

I also want to get Rob Hirst's book. I remember talking to Rob a bit about Australia and how they incorporated a lot of Australian references into the music. I'm curious what he wrote about American fans in his book.

Send them I say. With the return postage thing - coming from America I think he will be more receptive as well. Just write a nice cover letter taking a little bit of an interest in his Political career and you should be fine. :wink:

Hirst is a genius! I would love to have a drink with him one day - he wrote most of my favourite tunes - especially most of E&S&M.

Queen Bee said:
ramblin rose: "blah blah"

I'm guessing there's a speech right now :giggle:

let's see, we're at miss sarajevo right?

yeah, we'll get to the encore in about an hour, we've still got Bono's One speech to go...

Earth and Sun and Moon was a fantastic album. I loved Capricornia as well. They really went out on a real high note.

Wait... how many chapters of Trapped in the Closet are there? How many more are there going to be?

does anyone have the 2 cam mix dvd of dublin zootv? i am downloading that and irving plaza dvd from u2t right now, but there are only 2 seeders and will take 6 days of 24 hour a day downloading at this rate.

are they worth it?

U2dork said:
Wait... how many chapters of Trapped in the Closet are there? How many more are there going to be?

I fear it will go on forever
the longest run on sentence EVER

"and then I...."

Halup said:
Timo, that's a cool CH poster you got, but that photo makes it hard to see any signatures except Nick. I bet you can meet the guys before or after the show there in December. I would love to see that show, should be fantastic.

The problem is it is at The Domain. They are headling 65,000 person festival. So I'm thinking the Friday night before if they soundcheck or if they have a warm up gig in a club somewhere.

So far announced are Nick on bass and Eddie Rayner on keys. We still need Rob Hirst of drums. :mad:

You know that Neil tried to pilfer Jim Moginie from The Oils before they went under aye? :wink:

nurse chrissi said:

I fear it will go on forever
the longest run on sentence EVER

"and then I...."

Well he hasn't found out his wife was really a man yet. Or that he has a long lost twin brother. That could be good for another 10 chapters at least. :hyper:

timothius said:

Send them I say. With the return postage thing - coming from America I think he will be more receptive as well. Just write a nice cover letter taking a little bit of an interest in his Political career and you should be fine. :wink:

Hirst is a genius! I would love to have a drink with him one day - he wrote most of my favourite tunes - especially most of E&S&M.

Hirst was the most interesting of the guys to talk to, which is what I expected. Since I have been to Australia, I was able to talk to him about certain things other Americans probably would not have picked up on. We were able to talk about some cool things and he seemed happy that he met an American who had some knowledge of the basis for many of their songs.

I found it interesting that Rob's new musical partner in Hirst/Greene went to the University of Southern California, as I did.

Setlist:

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
I Will Follow
The Electric Co. / Send In The Clowns (snippet) / See Me, Feel Me (snippet)
The Ocean
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While (snippet)
Beautiful Day / Many Rivers To Cross (snippet)
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)

all you guys from down under, post of few mp3's of these bands you are raving about and are obscure to us on the otherside of the planet. will give us something to do while bono gives his soliloquy

Last edited:
Halup said:
Earth and Sun and Moon was a fantastic album. I loved Capricornia as well. They really went out on a real high note.

Let me ask you this. If you listen to Vertigo & Redneck Wonderland... do you see some major structural and musical similarities?

Which is better as well. :wink:

VintagePunk said:
We left the line to cross the 6 lane highway :mad: to go to the bathroom, just as we were told we could, and when we got back, he tried to say we had just gotten there and cut in, even though everyone around us were confirming we'd been there since the beginning. :mad:

What an total ASS(h*le)!

Crossing a 6 lane highway to go pee, sounds very dangerous.

Next tour I say U2 better provide portable toilets for those waiting in the GA line all night and day!

Miringeltje said:

What an total ASS(h*le)!

Crossing a 6 lane highway to go pee, sounds very dangerous.

Next tour I say U2 better provide portable toilets for those waiting in the GA line all night and day!

eep posted a video of the highway (somewhere in Pleba I think :scratch: ) and it is one BUSY six lane highway. Nothing like the one I ran across to get to my apartment from campus back in college :reject:.

Team The Edge was certainly courageous :yes:.

Halup said:

Hirst was the most interesting of the guys to talk to, which is what I expected. Since I have been to Australia, I was able to talk to him about certain things other Americans probably would not have picked up on. We were able to talk about some cool things and he seemed happy that he met an American who had some knowledge of the basis for many of their songs.

I found it interesting that Rob's new musical partner in Hirst/Greene went to the University of Southern California, as I did.

I've also found a similar thing. Like when I met Pete I didn't want to just drunkenly yell "Power & The Passion Pete" [insert ridiculous dance]. I congratulated him on his Shadow Ministry appointment earlier in the week and had a quick chat & a photo. He was unbelievably cool and said it was great people my age 1) would come to a Finn concert & 2) appreciate his band & the politics around it.

But yeah. All those guys are uni graduates, I know Pete is a lawyer I don't know about the rest. But they are probably the only band who can boast that level of intellegence.

Setlist:

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
I Will Follow
The Electric Co. / Send In The Clowns (snippet) / See Me, Feel Me (snippet)
The Ocean
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While (snippet)
Beautiful Day / Many Rivers To Cross (snippet)
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name

LemonMacPhisto said:
R. Kelly is only good when he sings Piss on You

drip, drip, drip

Haters wanna hate
lovers wanna love
I don't even want
none of the above
I want to piss on you :rockon:

I could never really get into a lot on Redneck Wonderland, so I have not played it all that much. I rank Capricornia in my top 5 Oils albums, so I was real happy when it came out. I got to see 6 Oils shows in 2001-02 after not seeing them since 1996, so I was so glad I had a chance to really get back into the Oils in a big way prior to the breakup. I still hold out hope that when Garrett finishes his term he will deicde to go back to music.

How was the Oils performance at Wave Aid? I have seen there is an Aussie only dvd which I may grab, since it also has the Finns on it.

Back
Top Bottom