Hotels U2 stay at in Seattle and Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
do any fans from Seattle or Vancouver know what hotels U2 would likely be staying at? can you narrow it down to a couple of likely ones?

don't think on a message board with the possibility of every wacko in the world reading it, that it's the best place to discuss that. But there is one hotel there that is absolutely gorgeous, one of the most beautiful I was ever in, it used to be a Ritz Carlton, but I forget what it is now. Is it a Four Seasons now? The W is across the street from it. Can you tell me what it is now, because when I go back there I want to stay in it. Westin is very nice as well. There are a lot of great hotels there.
Seattle is such a beautiful city, surrounded by water like that, and the best drivers I ever saw anywhere.

I'll give everyone a hint: THEY DONT STAY IN A HOTEL IN SEATTLE AT ALL!

And no, I'm not going to tell anyone where they stay, so don't ask!:wink:

Well...when they're in Chicago they'll be staying at my place, but I don't know about Seattle or Vancouver.

U2 will be staying at my place. Yes, I know my place is in Australia. We're making it work. Don't worry, you're all invited around for a barbecue and a backyard concert.

In April 2001, they spent wed and thur in seattle and left vancouver on friday directly after the concert. Saturday was a day off and sunday was Portland.

That siad, the band just spent 4-6 days in vancouver last month, while their crew spent about a month.

U2FP

Actually, I believe they were spotted in Tacoma during the daytime buying a couple of bicycles. Bono and the edge were in some shop in downtown Tacoma and the owner didn't know who they were! Only later did he find out and there was an article about it in the local paper!!:ohmy:

not staying in Seattle?

are you a family friend? pen pal? what? where do you get such exclusive information?

bonoed said:
don't think on a message board with the possibility of every wacko in the world reading it, that it's the best place to discuss that. But there is one hotel there that is absolutely gorgeous, one of the most beautiful I was ever in, it used to be a Ritz Carlton, but I forget what it is now. Is it a Four Seasons now? The W is across the street from it. Can you tell me what it is now, because when I go back there I want to stay in it. Westin is very nice as well. There are a lot of great hotels there.
Seattle is such a beautiful city, surrounded by water like that, and the best drivers I ever saw anywhere.

Sounds like the Fairmont Olympic (used to be the Four Seasons Olympic) and I know for a FACT the band stayed there for Popmart. (Had a friend working there and yet another friend who waited outside and met Bono when he came out)

About 80% of touring groups seem to stay at the 4 Seasons in Vancouver. Or that's what some autograph collectors have told me.

I know that U2 stayed at the Pan Pacific in 97, since there was footage on the 6pm news. It was also the PP in 92 for the 3 times they played here. The PP is usually where international dignitaries stay like Bush, Clinton etc.

WW journal said that in April 92 the entire u2 crew(+ pixies) did a boat tour of the Vancouver Inlet since it was the final US date of that tour leg.

WW journal also said in Seattle April 2001 Bono and chaperones took about 7 of the U2 children to go see "Josie & The Pussycats" at a movie theater.

The Vancouver rehearsals had the crew staying about 2-3 city blocks away. Some crew members WALKED to work. I ran into Joe "ZZ Top guy" O'Herlihy this way. The group themselves stayed elsewhere in the city. My guess is PP or 4S - but that is a guess.

In 1987 the group went directly to a party in San Fran after their Vancouver show. The perks of having a private jet, I guess.

U2FP

:wink: hi as far as my ingformation goes- because of privacy alot entertainers will stay at the (olympic) four seasons now the fremont in seattle- across the street is the W and it is used as a place for band members or tour managers at times while the "star stays at the nicer hotel.
rod stewart and his band etc. where staying at the fremont for 5 days recently to use as a base as they did concerts in canada also. it is a wonderful hotel. quite spendy too! vancouver is a nice city too- maybe u2 will stay there as a base?- it is a littlemore metro of a city with alot of stuff to do- :ohmy:

:sad: not the fremont- oops the fairmont( old olymic four seasons)
sorry i always get those two names mixed up:huh:

yes! That's it, it was a Four Seasons before not Ritz Carlton. It's just beautiful. Not surprised they stayed there, most of the big groups do don't they.

not far from the Key Arena at all, just down the road, at the Space Needle. I love going there because you can stay at any hotel and use the monorail to go to Key Arena and back from a concert. Is the monorail working now? (because it had a fire a while ago). You could actually even walk it from Key Arena back to the hotels there.

Fairmont is probably the mostly likely place for Seattle. They have a few days between Denver and Seattle and probably will do a runner after the last Denver show and maybe head either to NY or LA (or both since each member has places in either NY and LA) to chill out for a day or two.

I imagine they will spend only one night in Seattle and do another runner after the last Seattle show. But who knows what they will do. When the Who played out at the Gorge they flew in from San Francisco and then back to San Francisco and stayed there.

Vancouver - word had it they stayed somewhere that was about 3 blocks from Gastown - according the owners of the Irish pub there. I know the Sutton Place is a local hotel that most film crews and talent stay at when in town shooting. Not sure about the music industry though.

As always - respect their privacy:cool:

Last edited:
3invertednines said:
I'll give everyone a hint: THEY DONT STAY IN A HOTEL IN SEATTLE AT ALL!

And no, I'm not going to tell anyone where they stay, so don't ask!:wink:

I'm pretty sure that when U2 tours Phoenix, Denver, and Seattle ..
they'll stay in California and fly back-and-forth to the shows.
I figure this .. only because the situation with Edge's daughter ..
is still an issue ... even though U2 are on tour. When U2 have
days off ... in between the shows ... they spend time with their families. I heard that The Edge's family was indeed in Malibu, and Bono's family was in California as well ... while they toured San Diego, Anaheim, LA and San Jose. I didn't hear where
Adam and Larry were though, but I believe they were staying
in California too. U2 will say "Goodbye" to their families when they begin touring Vancouver and Chicago ... as I've heard U2 will stay in Chicago and fly back-and-forth to Vancouver as well. Their families may end up going to New York, after U2 leaves California ... and wait for them to arrive when they begin touring Philly. I think they'll be staying with their families in New York when they tour Philadelphia, New Jersey, New York and Boston as well, before they travel to Europe for the second leg of the tour. Either way, I heard U2 will definitely be spending alot more time with their families during this tour.

They do have their families with them, but that doesn't mean that they don't stay in the city they are playing in. They were definately in San Francisco when they played San Jose.

Bono did a radio interview yesterday about Paul Martin, and several sources said the interview was done from Vancouver. Which might lead to suggest that their 'base' for this week is Vancouver, not Seattle. Why would he be here (I am in Van right now) a week before the shows unless they (or at least Bono) are staying here for the whole week? If that is that case that means that they would go straight from Seattle to Vancouver and not stay there at all.

They do have a habit of having 'bases', i.e. staying in the same place for a week and not sleep in different cities every night, so that is very plausible.

MissMoo said:
They do have their families with them, but that doesn't mean that they don't stay in the city they are playing in. They were definately in San Francisco when they played San Jose.

This last time they definitely stayed in San Jose when they played San Jose, although Bono did visit San Francisco on the Sunday.

I think they might just stay in Vancouver for the whole Seattle/Vancouver stand, they reportedly stayed in Mexico on the days off in California and when they did the Arizona shows so it looks like they are trying to shave a little off the time they spend in the US this year (taxes). Just a guess though.

If the group was worried about tax days they would book shows in calgary and edmonton.

I was thinking that the interview was recorded a month ago in Vancouver. CBC radio does this sometimes.

U2FP

I don't think so, the interview was about the Canadian International Policy review, which was released two days ago.

Back
Top Bottom