hmm what do people make of this quote?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree, U2 is charging an awful lot of money. Still, I can't help but wonder if Oasis wouldn't charge just as much if they were as in demand as U2.

KUEFC09U2 said:
OASIS KEEPING IT CHEAP

OASIS star NOEL GALLAGER has attacked rock contemporaries U2 and THE ROLLING STONES for ripping off fans who see them perform live.

The WONDERWALL band are about to embark on a summer (05) tour to promote their forthcoming album DON'T BELIEVE THE TRUTH - and are determined to keep ticket prices low, so ordinary fans can afford to see them perform.

But Gallagher is angry other bands charge up to $190 (GBP100) for tickets.

He says, "It saddens me when I see bands like the Stones and U2 charging so much. They don't need the f**king money."
They charge so much so they can put on a glitzy production (yes suprisingly custom stages, optics, and effects cost more money than a standard tour).

If you're putting out a lot of cash on equipment and presentation, and you still have to make money to make the promoters, management happy, and to get some for yourself, tickets are going to be pricy this day and age.

:no: The Gallaghers can never keep their mouths shut, can they?!?!?!

If they had any brains, they would have patterned the way they handled their careers on U2. Noel and Liam had the perfect role models right in front of them, and they had to misbehave instead!

Regardless, I still would have liked to see them on their mini-tour, but with only 4 North American gigs, I couldn't get a ticket.

Could they even manage selling tickets at the prices U2 do? I don't know how popular they are in Europe, but eh...I can't see them being very successful in the States :shrug:

Fact is, U2's tickets are expensive but they are not as high as the market is willing to pay. I don't believe U2 are ripping fans off if they are charging below the value set by the market.

I agree concert ticket prices have seemed to skyrocket over the past years. I do remember the days when people thought it was outrageous to pay $50+ for a Popmart ticket. Before Popmart the average ticket price was around $30. It seems that $100 is the norm for an arena/ stadium rock concert these days. People are used to these prices by now. U2 is the only band I would be willing to pay as much as they are charging for tickets and they are worth every cent.

:)

Regardless of whether Oasis could fill stadiums or whether they would charge the same if they could pull it off, I still think U2-tickets are incredibly expensive.

U2One said:
Oasis rocks!!! Can't wait to see them this summer....Of course I'm looking forward to the U2 gigs even more. About the quote, that's just Noel being Noel. I'm if U2 ever gets around to reading that quote, they won't take it worth a grain of salt. Oasis and U2 have been great friends. As recently as this past November I remember Bono saying that he can't wait to hear the new Oasis record about how they write some great tunes...

You said it better (and sooner :wink: ) than I could. I am always incredibly amused the way some U2 fans get so outraged whenever U2 gets criticised. You'd think Liam and Noel were bashing Bono's kids from some of the responses. Get a grip.

Yes I think the tickets are too expensive. Yes I'd love to pay less. Yes I'll pay the going rate IF they ever come to Australia (because they apparently don't make money coming here :eyebrow: ).

I also reckon that U2 won't be upset by what the Gallaghers have to say, as to U2One said, they are known to be good friends.

I'm looking forward to the new Oasis LP too!

Does anyone want to even comprehend how quickly u2 shows would sell out if they didn't charge that much?

oasis sold out all their shows in new york in almost the same time u2 did....theres a heavy irish and english population in new york that still love oasis. at thats the consensus from people i hang out with....ive seen oasis 3 times...each time was kick ass...once at hammerstein ballroom, once at continental airlines arena, and once at radio city.....this year is my first u2 show....:) i like both equally.

Oasis stinks - musically and with thier snotty British attitude!!!
Aren't they the ones who said they were better than the Beatles????? What a load of malarky. Idiots.

KUEFC09U2 said:
OASIS KEEPING IT CHEAP

OASIS star NOEL GALLAGER has attacked rock contemporaries U2 and THE ROLLING STONES for ripping off fans who see them perform live.

The WONDERWALL band are about to embark on a summer (05) tour to promote their forthcoming album DON'T BELIEVE THE TRUTH - and are determined to keep ticket prices low, so ordinary fans can afford to see them perform.

But Gallagher is angry other bands charge up to $190 (GBP100) for tickets.

He says, "It saddens me when I see bands like the Stones and U2 charging so much. They don't need the f**king money."

I was thinking the same thing weeks ago.

LyricalDrug said:
Oasis is SO boring live, by the way...

Being at the front of an Oasis show when they kick off Cigarettes & Alcohol is almost on a par with Streets. They may not be much to watch or put on much of a stage show, but their shows are so much fun to attend.

Could they even manage selling tickets at the prices U2 do? I don't know how popular they are in Europe[/B]

In the UK at least Oasis are probably 2nd only to U2 when it comes to a live draw for active bands (please nobody bring up other non-touring / inactive bands, I'm talking people who are touring now).

KUEFC09U2 said:
stadiums are dearer belive it or not, extra costs for security, catering, and obviously equiptment,

and dont forget oasis dont really put on much of a stage show,

but anyway, dont really care what they think, load of crap anyway, and i am now departing too my bed

night all

Fook off about it being the stage show; in the end, its really about the music being performed live and what you get from it, u daft bastard.

Diane L said:
:no: The Gallaghers can never keep their mouths shut, can they?!?!?!

If they had any brains, they would have patterned the way they handled their careers on U2. Noel and Liam had the perfect role models right in front of them, and they had to misbehave instead!

Regardless, I still would have liked to see them on their mini-tour, but with only 4 North American gigs, I couldn't get a ticket.

U silly cunt, the Gallaghers could give a fook about being careerists nor would they wanna be fookin role models.

dn9909 said:

Fook off about it being the stage show; in the end, its really about the music being performed live and what you get from it, u daft bastard.
wow cant remember when this place turned into somewhere were you could offend someone, oh wait it hasnt, its just 1 prick

your not paying U2, your paying for a show, and the boys put on a hell of a show,

hey could charge a heck of alot less if they just played, with no screens, no light-up stages, no vidoes, no creativity...

and that would be great if your in the front row. but not if you are anywhere else.

xellente said:
your not paying U2, your paying for a show, and the boys put on a hell of a show,

hey could charge a heck of alot less if they just played, with no screens, no light-up stages, no vidoes, no creativity...

and that would be great if your in the front row. but not if you are anywhere else.

Creativity in what?!!!!!!!!

Alright, cut off some of the creativity, save me some money, goddamit. Just get on the fookin stage and play the MUSIC!

Last edited:
dn9909 is cool. He talks like life.

Can't wait to see you on Cacophony's forum (www.tampametalradio.com), where you don't get castrated for saying what you feel.

Oasis is boring to watch? They don't put up much of a show? Sure, if you just stand there and watch every single detail, so that you don't miss anything; if you expect that the show happens on stage and not where you are standing. If you're falling into that trap, my friend, life will pass you by.

Back
Top Bottom