Hey Bono, stop skipping the scream in ABOY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
Stop skipping it. Just do it. Do your best Joan Jett and give the howl. Just do it. You haven't done it yet this tour. Put down the tamborine, and scream. I know you can do it, ya did it on 11/16, and 11/22 It's the end of the show, you've only got a few more tunes left, let'er rip.

It also would be nice it you'd give the bridge vocal a go as well.

R U talking about, "I'm Alive!" -- I have not heard enough boot material yet, but if he is skipping this, count me as bummed.

That's one of the best parts on the whole damn album to me, let alone one of my most anticipated show moments.

Please clarify!

MrBrau1, I completely agree. I mentioned this in another thread as well, also don't like Edge singing on thats list "all because of you" in the chorus, he's got a great voice but I think Bono should do that line alone...and scream it.

BWU2Buffs said:
R U talking about, "I'm Alive!" -- I have not heard enough boot material yet, but if he is skipping this, count me as bummed.

That's one of the best parts on the whole damn album to me, let alone one of my most anticipated show moments.

Please clarify!

On the album version, the "Whaaaw!" right before the guitar solo. The only time he's ever sounded like that. And his yearning during the bridge. Do it man! Rock and Fuckin Roll!

he isn't singing the ooh ooh's and yeah's on the bridge...and certainly not screaming. Quite strange. I thought his rap at the Brooklyn Bridge concert was brilliant in this part and the part of the song lacks now because you want to hear it. Knowing Bono, he might simply have forgotten his own song. And I do know him. We get sushi.

It needs MORE COWBELL.

Last edited:
At SD1 I was waiting with baited breath :drool: for the scream and it didn't happen :sad: .

Maybe in Phoenix I will hold up a sign ... Bono, do the scream!

I listened to the 28 March version and was at first surprised to not hear the scream and the shouts before the solo. Like it that way too.

Also on Yahweh he left out "The sun is coming up on the ocean, this love is like a drop in the ocean, this love is like a drop in the ocean, YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!!" That's the best part of the song.

love that part!

also " YAHWEH, tell me know, why the dark before the dawnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

love it, love it, love it

Palace_Hero said:
Anyone else annoyed by Edge singing too high on the "Zoo Station" part of the song by the same name? Ruins the chorus, Edge just doesnt suit it that way..

Yes. :grumpy: I kept looking for the hidden gospel singer somewhere. I'm still not entirely convinced that she's not there somewhere.

Palace_Hero said:
Anyone else annoyed by Edge singing too high on the "Zoo Station" part of the song by the same name? Ruins the chorus, Edge just doesnt suit it that way..

Completely agree. He is way too high on city of blinding lights as well.

I recently listened to the Dublin 93 zzotv show, and zoo station and the fly were infinitely better. For those who have that recording, listen to the difference in the bass.

I know I'm in the minority, but I think they are not on great form right now...and certainly not at 'their best' as the pr machine would have you believe.

martha said:

Yes. :grumpy: I kept looking for the hidden gospel singer somewhere. I'm still not entirely convinced that she's not there somewhere.

:lol: I was thinking the same thing. I'm like "Who IS that?"

Raid said:
I think he's skipping the scream because he can't do it. :sad:

He can do it. It's a 1 second scream. It's not some uber-high note he needs to hold for 2-3 seconds. Just a scream, anyone can do it.

Palace_Hero said:

I liked him singing more loudly.

Oh yeah, that scream...:drool: it saved the album for me :wink:

no really, I was so looking forward hearing it, and then, when I d/l-ed the song today... :ohmy: :( :mad:

oh, well... there's plenty other extra stuff that is as good as the scream...

Would one scream hurt your voice or even be that hard to do? I would think holding a high note would be much tougher than a quick yell.

MrBrau1 said:

On the album version, the "Whaaaw!" right before the guitar solo. The only time he's ever sounded like that. And his yearning during the bridge. Do it man! Rock and Fuckin Roll!

I completely agree. The first time I listened to All Because of You, I nearly fell over when I heard that scream. I never in a million years would have expected to hear that sound coming from Bono.

So yeah, bring on the scream! (Just so long as it doesn't ruin his voice.)

RademR said:
MrBrau1, I completely agree. I mentioned this in another thread as well, also don't like Edge singing on thats list "all because of you" in the chorus, he's got a great voice but I think Bono should do that line alone...and scream it.

I wholeheartedly agree!

Back
Top Bottom