Here's an idea, but I need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
RE: MSG

I have access to a large scale plotter (paper is 36 inches wide.)

I am going to a few shows at MSG, but have relatively crap seats (no complaints here though.) I was thinking about printing out a huge banner, that would basically run the length of the front of the stage (about 50 feet wide) that simply reads:

- - - P L E A S E P L A Y O N E T R E E H I L L - - -

I would then have to pass it to someone in GA to unroll in front of the barrier.

--would security let it in?
--would fans actually hold it?
--would the band even attempt to play the song?

And by the way, I have been on vacation all week, I cannot believe the band played Crumbs, and moreson The First Time. Now that is an exceptional rarity that i think should get major airtime here.

The First Time?>

Are you kidding me - it must have been amazing...

Well Bono says it pays to advertize, and with a sign like that, it would be hard for the band to ignore.

But I don't know if security would allow that. They'll most likely search it, but I don't know if they'll let in. But hey, I've seen giant signs in arenas before, so who knows?

Do you mean bringing in one giant banner, or a lot of individual 36" banners that you would organize where everyone would hold up their individual sheets and it would look like one giant banner?

because if you do it the second way youd be able to get it in, it just would take quite a bit or organization.

and yes, the first time was amazing.

what happens if people agree to carru parts of the banner, but then some of them make it into the ellipse and some dont?

plea e pla on eehil

s y etr l

oh i didnt really read his whole plan. yeah getting in a 50 ft banner in to unroll in front of the GA barrier could be tough...

yeah - just a stupid thought as I watch people print out huge ass drawings.

it would actually end up being pretty large a roll of paper.

Anyway - good to see you liked the First Time, that had to be a nice surprise...

there's no way they could play one tree hill at the drop of a hat. meet the band before soundcheck and ask them to play it. repeat. it's a tried and true method, i promise.

Stories for Boys said:
there's no way they could play one tree hill at the drop of a hat. meet the band before soundcheck and ask them to play it. repeat. it's a tried and true method, i promise.

now that youve gotten party girl and crumbs played, you need to get them to play dirty day :mad:

in my opinion it's definately a good idea to get that input to the band, but if you get it in in parts it would be really hard to organize everyone to hold it up.

another thing - if it is really a big banner - like the height of the barrier i suggest to hold it up on the walkway between the seats. or maybe even mount it somewhere there (e.g. just in front of 1st row in sec 400 would be a good place!)
the angle for the band to see that is much better than somewhere at the floor between first row and stage on the bottom.......
because i don't think you will find the whole first row to really hold UP something big without all the other fans behind getting nervous and angry and scratch away the parts of the banner before you've even been able to show it as a whole......

but seriousely - don't expect the band really to play that song! it would just be a hint for them and maybe they will think about it - but the time is MUCH too short for the whole production to set that up as a full band version!!!!
if you really want to affect the show you should try it with a more supposably song they already played that tour or a song like STARING AT THE SUN which they easily could play with an acoustic guitar.......

i will also be at msg - and i'm looking forward seeing what will happen..... :)))

It wouldn't work...

Bono would, at best, sing a line or two and Edge might play the riff once or twice... you could pretend you're happy and they could pretend they did something spontaneous and everyone would be indifferent.

No disresect but huge signs like that generally block the view for lots of people on the floor and can be a source of frustration for many during a show. As camkid says, along the barrier might be a better idea.

I think Laura has the best advice, plant the seed but don't expect it to be that same day. They have such a big catalog that they would need time to remember the chords and get words for the teleprompter, etc. But that seems to have worked for a quite a few people to drop a hint in person, probably better than a sign during the concert.

Back
Top Bottom