Help! Tickets Lost!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2FAN4LIFE

The Fly
Hello All,

I bought my tickets for Wednesday night's Toronto show from ticketmaster about 2 weeks after they first went on sale for the TO shows.

I had no luck on-line and over the phone when they first went on sale, but I checked every lunch hour after they were initially sold out and to my relief an additional block of standing room tickets (I believe, section 319S row 19 at the ACC) were released. I bought them and had them up on my fridge for the past 5 months.

Here is the sad part... I'm selling my house and in the process of getting my place ready for the first showing either my fiance, or my agent (or maybe me but I doubt it!) inadvertantly threw out the tickets!!! I discovered that they were missing first thing Sunday morning and spent half the day searching for them.

I contacted ticketmaster customer service today (voice-mail & e-mail) but I've yet to hear back from them.

Has this happened to any of you? How did ticketmaster respond?
Any comments would be greatly appreciated as this has left me disappointed beyond words.

Thanks

It's happened to me before. Here's what you do.

Try to find the confirmation code. If they have your email address they will have sent it to you.

Make sure you know the credit card info that you used to book it and other information.

Call them. Keep calling until you talk to someone. Explain the situation and ask them to reprint the tickets and have them held at the will-call window at ACC.

Pick up your tickets at the will-call window on the day of the show using the same credit card that was used to originally purchase them.

There will probably be a fee to do this (everything you do with ticketmaster has a fee attached, but that's another story). Probably $5-$10.

Good luck!

love2bmama said:
I'm pretty sure TM will replace the tickets for you, I hope so!!:hug:

I sure hope TM will help me out here, but I'm concerned because I'm pretty sure they are standing room tickets (even though I've been given a row number)

Thanks for the hug... : )

Row 19 in the 300s is standing room. Or dancing room depending on your point of view. ;)

Personally, I'd rather have standing room rather than sit in the upper part of the upper deck. At least you can move around a bit and enjoy yourself.

I don't see how what your row is would affect how Ticketmaster will deal with you.

Rubbersuit said:

Call them. Keep calling until you talk to someone.

Good luck!

Thanks Rubbersuit! I'm OK on all your points (card #, confirmation etc.) But I've been unable to speak with an agent and my customer service voice mail and e-mails have not been addressed...

But I'll keep calling : )

Thanks to all for their advice : )

Rubbersuit said:
Row 19 in the 300s is standing room.

I don't see how what your row is would affect how Ticketmaster will deal with you.

AMEN to the "dancing room" comment : )))

Regarding the location... with a reserved "seat" I don't see any reason why TM wouldn't provide a replacement ticket... but I'm concerned that for GA or Standing Room it would be a different story alltogether.

Thanks again : )

Try calling other tickemaster phone numbers. They list them by region at the website. Look at the bottom of the homepage and click on "help". Then click on "Contact Us". Then click on "customer service in Canada". Call every phone number you find there. Even if it's the Charge by Phone numbers, if you actually get to speak with someone they may be able to help or transfer you to someone who can. I've never tried this but It seems to work when I try to buy tickets. I'm sure you will work it out. Good Luck!

This has happened to me before (similar situation). I had a pair of basketball tickets and I gave my friend his ticket on the day of the event. He calls me back at lunchtime and says he put it in his inside coat pocket. Apparently when he opened up his coat sometime out in the streets the ticket must of came out and got lost.

So I meet up with him a hour before the game and go to the ticketmaster booth (guest services) and show the attendent my ticket and said the other ticket beside it got lost (true story). I paid a $5 handling/service fee and they printed out a replacement ticket.

I know your situation is a little different, but it shouldn't be too much harder. You bought the ticket via your credit card right ?
Well, they should have a record of it with your name and such.
You can give them your credit card and government issued photo identification and they should believe you and re-issue another pair right away plus the $5 fee for each ticket.

My advice is to look for your credit card statement and the ticket purchase transaction record should be there. If you have time, I would go straight to the ACC and talk to the person at guest services to get it straighten out. The earlier the better, you don't to wait until the last minute to see if you can it taken care of. I know you live in Oakville so this might not be as easy as 1,2,3.

Good Luck !

U2FAN4LIFE said:

I sure hope TM will help me out here, but I'm concerned because I'm pretty sure they are standing room tickets (even though I've been given a row number)

Thanks for the hug... : )

So I was stressed for no reason... Ticketmaster will reissue tickets, it will cost me $10 but I've got no issue with that... $10 to erase one of my biggest f-ups of 2005 thus far seems like a very fair price.

I'm so fired up right now!!! Can't wait!

U2Fanatic4ever said:
hurrayyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to hear the good news U2fan4life!!!!!!!!!!:wink: :happy: :applaud: :dancing:

Thank you :wink:

Its cliche but so true that you don't know what you have until its gone... thinking that my hands (or my future wife!:huh:) could have put those tickets in the trash was really grating my nerves the last couple days.

Back
Top Bottom