Help! Friend bought wrong tickets for 11/4 LV Show!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdiver65

The Fly
Hi all,

I had to work today and could not ge on-line so I had a friend try and get Vegas tickets for me this morning. I told him to buy anything in the lowest priced category-approx. $50 or so. I guess he heard "buy anything" because when I got home I discovered he bought those $180 tickets. Total price $395 with charges-ouch.

I can not afford these tickets. Does anyone have any experience with calling TM and "begging" for a refund (or any strategy-i tend to tell the truth). I think I might have a chance since it was only today.

Hell, I'll even put them up on e-bay for cost if anyone thinks I'll get that. I'm not a scalper-just looking to get my money back.

Thanks for any opinions you can share.

Thanks for replies so far...

tickets are:

L212 B ADULT US $183.75 US $12.50
L212 B ADULT US $183.75 US $12.50

These don't look like the best "value" to me for the $183 tickets. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Seats 5-6.

Last edited:
SFGAL...these aren't even in the lower bowl? I took L to mean lower. Maybe I missed that. What a joke for upper level tickets if that's the case.

Most of the decent Las Vegas lower and upper seats are in the $183 range - I was pulling em up all morning

I think anything with a full view - unless its extremely high - is a full price ticket on this tour...I pulled L216 and they were $227 total with all fees...MGM's seat numbering is a little confusing...

mdiver65 said:

I can not afford these tickets. Does anyone have any experience with calling TM and "begging" for a refund (or any strategy-i tend to tell the truth). I think I might have a chance since it was only today.

I umm bought the wrong tickets for one show too :reject: and I called TM within 30 minutes of when I'd bought them. They told me that normally they might give a refund but "absolutely not" for a U2 show. :shrug:

Anyway like others have said, I am sure you'll be able to sell them for face value at some point. You could try offering them here (there's a forum in the tour section called "What Do You Have?") or Ebay, etc.

THANKS again for all replies. FYI...I called TM and they asked that I call back on Monday since they were "processing" all U2 LV orders. The operator didn't sound too promising though that it would work out. Oh well...lesson learned. Never have a friend buy concert tickets for you!!

I do wish there was a way one could see a map with the different pricing levels and sections prior to buying-similar to say a sporting event. I know this is impossible but it would make things a lot easier.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom