Have and Have Nots - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > General Tour Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2005, 12:27 PM   #21
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 05:07 PM
Concerts are luxuries, not necessities. Luxuries by their nature are more accessible to those with more money. If someone was buying up all your college textbooks I might be a little more understanding.

If you can't afford to spend more than $50 to see a show, then you have to live with the fact that you're in the ticket bracket with the most competition and have the highest chance of not getting a ticket. Sad but true.

Old 01-29-2005, 12:45 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:07 PM
Concert tickets are luxuries, but people gobbling up primo tickets for 8-10 shows should be drawn and quartered.

Old 01-29-2005, 12:58 PM   #23
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen
Concerts are luxuries, not necessities. Luxuries by their nature are more accessible to those with more money. If someone was buying up all your college textbooks I might be a little more understanding.

If you can't afford to spend more than $50 to see a show, then you have to live with the fact that you're in the ticket bracket with the most competition and have the highest chance of not getting a ticket. Sad but true.
Agreed!

I was starting Grad school when I went to see U2 during the Elevation tour.

I skipped classes, flew to Vegas, Baltimore, etc.

It is called charging it on your CC and paying for it with the awesome job you get when you graduate. Not a good thing to do but I try enjoy life and seeing those concerts made my life enjoyable.

And now I have a job but have lots of student loans to pay, U2 doesn't tour every day so I am going to take advantage.

Sorry, You're not going to make me feel guilty!!
Old 01-29-2005, 01:03 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Re: U2's Decision to implement a 1-show limit

You mean I'm going to be competing for tickets with people from the Atlanta area mainly, not the entire country? You mean I won't lose tickets to my first and possibly only show to someone who's seen them 20+ times? WOOHOO! Oh, I mean, ummm...bummer.

I know it sucks that this isn't the kind of concert where you'll be able to follow the band, and get to know them, and have them send you all Christmas cards, but it's one of the sacrifices you make when you're seeing the biggest band in the world on tour. Can't have it both ways.

I understand why people would be upset with it, but for my personal situation, this is a real plus.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:04 PM   #25
Blue Crack Supplier

if people are stupid enough to drop thousands of dollars travelling around the country, then they can pay the $500 scalper prices.

i will say that i did want to go to 2 shows, i'll be going to 1 with my mom, and she doesn't do GA. so i was hoping to go with a friend to another show, if i could get GA tickets.

it's more of "wow, you're flying across the country for multiple concerts? you're a loser." than anything else.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:08 PM   #26
Acrobat

Really, I think this people think of this question in the same way they think of:

"Do you feel guilty about living in a warm house, eating fresh food, and buying luxaries like music albums or concert tickets when there are people starving in other parts of the world?"

I mean, yeah, sure, I guess we theoretically feel bad about it. But at the same time, it's not like we feel guilty for living the way we do. Should we help them? Probably? Do we feel bad about not? Not really.

(I would like to add that in no means am I saying that not seeing U2 is like starving to death. It's just an analogy, it's not supposed to be perfect )
Old 01-29-2005, 01:14 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

I think it's funny that so many here are adamantly against communism...except when it comes to getting U2 tickets.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:17 PM   #28
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by indra
I think it's funny that so many here are adamantly against communism...except when it comes to getting U2 tickets.
It's not Communism, it's welfare. Huge difference.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:18 PM   #29
Blue Crack Supplier

Old 01-29-2005, 01:35 PM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by fmattyh
It's not Communism, it's welfare. Huge difference.
Okaaayy. So under normal conditions (such as buying food), how many people here love welfare? Or does thinking that's a wonderful idea only apply to U2 tickets?
Old 01-29-2005, 01:39 PM   #31
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by VertigoGal
Re: U2's Decision to implement a 1-show limit

You mean I'm going to be competing for tickets with people from the Atlanta area mainly, not the entire country? You mean I won't lose tickets to my first and possibly only show to someone who's seen them 20+ times? WOOHOO! Oh, I mean, ummm...bummer.

I know it sucks that this isn't the kind of concert where you'll be able to follow the band, and get to know them, and have them send you all Christmas cards, but it's one of the sacrifices you make when you're seeing the biggest band in the world on tour. Can't have it both ways.

I understand why people would be upset with it, but for my personal situation, this is a real plus.
Dallas Schoo sent me Christmas greetings in 2001 not the band but close.

I don't get to travel as much, I got a new job and an 11month old. I only decided to go to San Diego today when I got 2 GA for opening nite. It is weird that I couldn't get Philly but get good seats in CA.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:41 PM   #32
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by indra

Okaaayy. So under normal conditions (such as buying food), how many people here love welfare? Or does thinking that's a wonderful idea only apply to U2 tickets?

WELFARE'S AWESOME, MAN! Gooooooooooo welfare!!!

My guess is we're all a bit biased regarding welfare, considering we're currently using a computer to connect to the Internet, a.k.a. not on welfare.

But it's awesome, man! Welfare rocks!!!