have all us tickets sold out??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzlingamy

Refugee
The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - M
hey, im from Aust and a chance for a trip to the west coast of the us has come up for the first week of november.

i'm just wondering is all ticks have been sold? I dont want to buy ticks through ebay or something i wanna buy the real deal, but i dont know where to get them from....

i'm thinking the 2nd of nov in la, the one in las vegas, and the two in oakland...

how do i find ticks for them?

Once again im not asking to swap ticks, or anything i want to buy them legit.

??

officially all tix are "sold out", but ticketmaster releases a bunch of tix before the concert (and you might have a chance to get tix at the concert as well at the box office)...

other than that...just look around on U2 forums and see if people are selling tix...

good luck, im sure you'll get'em...

your best bet is to go through ETS or something like stubhub.com

comming from australia i'm sure you want a gauranteed thing, and would also like to book your flight and hotel far in advance. the only way to do that is by using something like ETS. tickets get dropped to "sold out" shows here and there, but it's a rare occurance and you have to just happen to be on ticketmaster's webpage at the exact time to even have a chance.

i can't believe how the ticket system works, i have been reading the pages about it and it freaks me out! lol

i def dont want to go to the us without ticks, i seriously thought there would be some left LOL, stupid me!

maybe i will just wait with baited breath for australian dates :/

*sad*

thanks for the reply

actually there are some tickets to the St. Loius concert available at Ticketmaster.

Don't understimate what Headache said. There are thousands of tickets for the shows you are talking about available in a multitude of places. Ebay can be a gamble, but sometimes you can get a good deal. Definitely consult someone with some Ebay-ing experience if you don't have it yourself. ETS is a GREAT option. Sanctioned by the tour, they work in conjunction with U2 to provide a package that can include anything from pre show dinner and ticket to hotel and transportation. If I remember right, you can even book a tour with them and travel with them on a coach style bus. How cool is that? Interference is honestly probably your most valuable asset though. Try the forum at u2tours.com as well.

There is a website called fourth (4th) rock.com but for some reason when I post the name of the website it edits it out.
see? http://www. .com

Best of luck, and don't be discouraged. You should definitely see some shows in the US, although I would avoid the LA ones if I were you. The Vegas ones are going to be very VIP-y as well. Oakland will flat out rock though.

Last edited:
I pass by te Oakland arena everyday and they are still advertising the two shows as if they're not sold out. Call them or try tickets.com.

Oakland has had seats available every day since on-sale. Some days, the seats available are better than others.

St. Louis has plenty of good seats available behind the stage and usually a few hundred tickets are released at other venues on concert date but it varies. Box office is best bet on concert date if your looking for just a single in a 1st tier city but you can find them at about 1/2 face for uppers and some lowers on eBay. I got a pair of $168 face tickets for Denver 2 For $175 but similar tickets for any Chicago show are going for near $400. ETS is a great option and go with them over the brokers who are asking about a $1000 for a pair of good lowers or GA's.

try craigs list. there should be a lot of postings of u2 tix for sale. you could probably bargain for a good reasonable price within one month of the concert date when there are more people trying to get rid of their extra tickets. beware of scammers, however.

carof_77 said:
ummm, what's ETS?

The U2's official promoter handling ticket packages and fan getaways. I suspect that some of the tickets released before each show are unsold ETS ticket packages.

h**p://www.etstours.com

Did they actually advertise the show in St. Louis? I heard there was no promo for their 2001 appearance, only a month lead time before the concert and there were 1,400 empty seats.

u2Fp

Yeah, Oakland shows are still up........and you can get really any type of dollar amount seat last time I checked........I got a cheapo nosebleed seat for the second night because I'm poor like that and I already saw the SJ shows....:wink:

St. Louis has tix, but they are nosebleed behind the stage. Second level, directly behind, about 3-5 rows from the wall are the tix that are left. I think this show will sell out pretty soon.

Ebay is virtually flooded with tickets for Vegas. It's months before the show and you can get them for face value pretty easily. If you're only willing to be in GA or must have the best tickets, you'll have to pay a little extra. But if you're willing to pay face value, I would put the risk of getting shut out of vegas at virtually zero.

Back
Top Bottom