Has anyone has a ticketmaster order cancelled?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

narula

The Fly
I was just wondering if there are any ppl who have bought more than 8 tickets, or more than the 2GAs that are allowed and have had their orders cancelled? Does everything get cancelled or just the orders you made after you exceed the limit?

I'm under the impression that it's only the only tickets that go over the limit. But also keep in mind that you can have over 8 tickets, but just not to the same show.

For whatever reason the Toronto shows seem to have implemented a stricter ticket limit. Doesn't make any sense.

I think that this limit is for all of the shows in Toronto, at the ACC. I don't think it's for the entire tour, as I know for a fact that MANY people are over that limit, but different shows.

I ended up with 2 GAs for every show in Toronto, 8 total. I don't think they will cancel them. Any thoughts?

spasm26 - i have the same problem - have tried calling ticketmaster but I get busy signals - have you tried?

If you call them, they will cancel your order probably.

If I were you, I'd gamble and wait. TM is notorious for not checking anything properly - I've in the past exceeded limits by mistakenly using the same credit card number to buy 2 sets of tix for the same show and they didn't do anything.

They won't cancel your order if you provide a different cc with a different billing address.

My friend purchased 2 GA's for one night and a GA for another night for the Toronto dates all in the public sale; she called Ticketmaster just now and transferred the GA to my cc and they said it was all fine now.

Narula,

in light of what people on the board have said, I'm not going to call them, and just hope that they don't check.

same billing address

My dad got GAs online this morning and ordered them with his credit card for the Wednesday Toronto show.

Then I got GAs online this morning and ordered them with my credit card for the Friday Toronto show.

Do you think they will cancel our orders because we live at the same billing address? (Which would definitely not be fair, because they were for different people with different credit cards!)

IMPORTANT FOR TORONTO GA POLICY VIOLATORS (LIKE ME):

I, sincerely, misunderstood the policy and thought it was a max of 2 GAs per show.

For Toronto, I (and friends) got several groups of tickets throughout the 4 Toronto dates.

I personally got 4 GAs in total on my billing/cc info - 2 GAs too many (violating the policy). Worried that I might lose ALL of my tickets, I called to face the music.

I called TM CUSTOMER SERVICE I talked to a very nice TM rep who told me my only option was to change billing/and address info to keep my tickets, and MUST be done before MONDAY! (and TM customer service is closed SUNDAY).

I did this - all worked out for me, got to keep all my tickets. My advice is to call them, be nice and pleasant and ask them to help you keep tickets (ie: get cc info from friends and families BEFORE MONDAY - BUT THE NEW CC PERSON HAS TO BE PRESENT- OTHERWISE FRAUD).

OTHERWISE, you might be found out by some electronic audit - they will surely show no mercy then!!

((who knows, maybe I over-reacted and they may not have ever found out......but I was just too nervous, couldn't take the chance!)...

I asked what would have happened if an adit had found out my "violation" and she told me TM would have probably called me and just cancelled them.

Hope this helps.

Dalton

I'm not sure about their policy with the distinction between credit card number, billing address, and "person"....might as well ask TM. Sorry I don't have all the answers.

Dalton

I might call them. What if I use a different credit card with the same billing address...?

Edit: I bought my first pair of GAs through the presale, and then another pair today through the general sale, on the same credit card. I don't think I've got anything to worry about, do I?

Last edited:
i talked to a friend who worked for ticketmaster and they said that there are audits done on cc #, name and postal code. if any 2 match then they get cancelled.

I just tried changing one of my orders to a credit card with a different address, and she said that since it is still under my name, they can't do it. She put me on hold and came back to say they were giving me until noon tomorrow (3/22) to call them back with a credit card under a different address AND different name. She said if I don't call back by then, my second order will be cancelled.

I think if she would have just changed it, it would have been okay. I mean, not every John Smith that ordered tickets is going to have their orders cancelled.

Souly said:
I might call them. What if I use a different credit card with the same billing address...?

Edit: I bought my first pair of GAs through the presale, and then another pair today through the general sale, on the same credit card. I don't think I've got anything to worry about, do I?

souly, i think the presale and general sale are completely different...each have a limit on the number of tickets you can buy, but I think they are distinct sales...if that makes sense. I think you'll be fine.

I don't think they will automatically cancel orders with the same postal code etc. I think that will just flag those orders to have them actually looked at. For instance, I have two different orders under same name, cc, and addy, however, if they are flagged, then TM would find I have two legit orders for 4 tix each (all seats), for two diff shows. Then nothing will happen. They just use the cc #, name and postal code filters to flag orders for further checking.

snowbunny00774 said:
I don't think they will automatically cancel orders with the same postal code etc. I think that will just flag those orders to have them actually looked at. For instance, I have two different orders under same name, cc, and addy, however, if they are flagged, then TM would find I have two legit orders for 4 tix each (all seats), for two diff shows. Then nothing will happen. They just use the cc #, name and postal code filters to flag orders for further checking.

You give Ticketmaster waaayyy too much credit. They will simply run a computer report, and any credit card number that purchased over the allotted limit will have orders cancelled, that is IF they are going to play hardball. And they won't simply do it by postal code, they will do it only with credit card numbers. There are too many 'Smiths' in the world to be able to cancel these orders based on name and address. The same credit card can not purchase over the allotted limit.

I guess it'd be a smart idea to hit TM tomorrow to see how many sets of tickets are released.

Last edited:
Geez this sucks, I just read this and called Canada Ticketmaster, and I had to leave a message, because no one awnsered the phone. I hope they dont cancel my GA's for Friday and Saturday.

I spoke with a manager at TM this afternoon.

They define a customer this way:

If the credit card # and the address are the same.

OR

If the name and the address are the same (even if the CC are different).

In those cases, tickets will be cancelled. Everyone else is fine. If you had 10 people in your house billiing tickets to 10 different credit cards, it's no problem.

The postal code is nonsense, because individual houses and apartments do NOT have unique codes.

anitram said:
I spoke with a manager at TM this afternoon.

They define a customer this way:

If the credit card # and the address are the same.

OR

If the name and the address are the same (even if the CC are different).

In those cases, tickets will be cancelled. Everyone else is fine. If you had 10 people in your house billiing tickets to 10 different credit cards, it's no problem.

The postal code is nonsense, because individual houses and apartments do NOT have unique codes.

So if I use my parents credit card I will be fine, we have the same address, but its just the name and credit card, correct?
Just want to make sure!

Yes you will be fine, so long as you and them don't share a credit card.

Souly said:

i did the same thing, and called tm. they said anything over the published limits would be cancelled. i don't know if they count presale and general sale as seperate. i keep checking my ticketmaster account on ticketmaster.com and it keeps saying that both orders are waiting to be printed and will be mailed once printed.

the rep. i did talk to said that the second order would be cancelled. they would not let me switch credit cards. it hasn't been cancelled yet- but i still fear it will be.

Last edited:
They cannot cancel presale tickets because some of us got 4 GAs (2 for each of the first 2 shows) because we were former Prop members. TM has absolutely no right whatsoever to interfere in this regard, and if they do, shit will roll down the hill.

Back
Top Bottom