Happy Birthday, Axver! No-Show Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GibsonGirl said:

Interesting! The Netherlands and Scotland are a joke. So are the Aussies, but you never know. Looks like the Brits will be the only ones that could be remotely dangerous in your pool. The Canadian cricket team (just like the Canadian rugby team) is a total farce.

You won't believe this:

The 2005 ICC Trophy took place in Ireland, and the top five of the 12 competing teams will be granted One-day International status for matches amongst themselves and against the 10 ICC full members and Kenya. This status will need to be renewed at the next ICC Trophy tournament in 2009 for all six of the associate members (including Kenya).

The top five that now have official ODI status are Canada, The Netherlands, Ireland, Scotland, and Bermuda. Bermuda in particular makes me say "WTF?!" I'm surprised they aren't part of the West Indies team, really. Sure, they aren't IN the Windies, but they're close enough and it would give them much more strength!

LemonMacPhisto said:
Made in China footwear :drool:

my new shoes made my achilles blister :madspit:
:hug:

i'm still healing from a pair of heels i wore that rubbed up on my heels and rubbed them raw a month ago*. no wonder my feet hurt that day! beauty is pain. :sad:

* this sentence says heel/heal waaaaay too many times.

angelordevil said:

:lol: I was out in that today, as well! I was constantly losing grip with my made-in-China winter footwear.

I wonder if we'll ever meet at a traffic light? :hmm:

It was mean out there today! :yikes: I really felt sorry for the poor ducks over at Burton's Pond. There were gigantic WAVES on the pond.

Perhaps, perhaps. :wink:

Axver said:

"Pop-y crap" good enough for you?

I once had to endure one of his CDs. I was quite happy when my ears managed to escape from its clutches.

It isn't that bad... He is a great guitar player, an amazing vocalist, and writes all of his own material. If you heard his live work, I'm sure you'd like at least some of it...

GibsonGirl said:

That's fucking abysmal. :yuck:

I know! Especially after you beat Australia! But against Australia, your batsmen were so painfully slow until Boucher and Kemp took off at the end. Boucher stank initially, scoring 1 off 19, but he ended on 63 off 62.

GibsonGirl said:

Not too well. :mad: I nearly got run over at the traffic lights because the wind blew me into the street. It was HORRIBLE. Flurrying too. Flurries plus high wind equals driving needles of death. My whole face was numb.

And then sociology bored me to death.

How are you?

Back to school already and what's up with the new avatar? That jaw looks vaguely familiar.

KhanadaRhodes said:

hopefully i'm working on getting a job :drool:

Jobs are so overrated.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:hug:

i'm still healing from a pair of heels i wore that rubbed up on my heels and rubbed them raw a month ago*. no wonder my feet hurt that day! beauty is pain. :sad:

* this sentence says heel/heal waaaaay too many times.

they were these kickass Maroon Converse-type Nikes that are the coolest things I've ever worn

but jogging a mile in them is pain, atleast without quarter-length socks, now I know better :wink:

SETLIST

1. 11 O'Clock Tick Tick 5 June, 1983 Denver
2. The Electric Co. / Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting (snippet) / Three Little Birds (snippet) / Break on Through (snippet) / See Me, Feel Me (snippet) 20 September, 2005 Chicago
3. Gone 23 September, 1997 Sarajevo
4. Desire / 1969 (snippet) / So You Want To Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star (snippet) 10 January, 1990 Rotterdam
5. All Along the Watchtower / In God's Country (snippet) 10 January, 1990 Rotterdam
6. Red Hill Mining Town Studio
7. Drowning Man Studio
8. The Unforgettable Fire 7 November, 1984 Glasgow
9. All I Want Is You / Sexual Healing (snippet) 26 December, 1989 Dublin
10. Bad / Ruby Tuesday (snippet) / Sympathy for the Devil (snippet) 8 November, 1987 Denver
11. Crumbs from Your Table 4 October, 2005 Boston
12. Acrobat U2Mixer's Live Mix Thingie
13. Until the End of the World 28 August, 1993 Dublin
14. Love and Peace or Else 19 December, 2005 Portland
15. Please

chuck29zc.jpg

Buy the "Missing in Action" DVD Collection, at your local bargain bins at Sams, Walmart, and even K-Mart

Gen. Chat said:
Jobs are so overrated.
can you pay my bills? can you pay my telephone bills? can you pay my automo...oops! sorry.

LemonMacPhisto said:
they were these kickass Maroon Converse-type Nikes that are the coolest things I've ever worn

but jogging a mile in them is pain, atleast without quarter-length socks, now I know better :wink:
nice :hmm:

:yes: longer socks are more comfy anyway :cute:

Axver said:

I know! Especially after you beat Australia! But against Australia, your batsmen were so painfully slow until Boucher and Kemp took off at the end. Boucher stank initially, scoring 1 off 19, but he ended on 63 off 62.

:|

Well, at least that says more about Australia than it does about S'Africa. :wink:

Gen. Chat said:

I'd prefer to live in a climate where I could wear sandals and go shirtless year round. :drool:

I live in Florida, you have to be ready for anything there

but shirtless would be great when I have have a "Girls Love to Ogle Endlessly"-type body

GibsonGirl said:

:|

Well, at least that says more about Australia than it does about S'Africa. :wink:

Please send a message to your batters that ODI is not test cricket.

But now Australia's beaten Sri Lanka who've beaten South Africa who've beaten Australia. :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom