Hamish, if you read this post, please try to do the following on the Chicago DVD:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2wedge

New Yorker
Well, if the production crew for the dvd peruse these boards, I thought it might be a good idea to put our suggestions down for what the new dvd(s) should include.

I think there should be several camera angles to choose from for every song on the dvd.

Anyone have any other ideas?

fyi.. for those who don't know... Hamish Hamilton is the person directing the new dvd and was responsible for the Elevation dvd's as well.

Last edited:
Please please please, don't use the "jerky camera effect" quite so much as on the Boston 2001 dvd, it takes away from the music.

Don't waste our time with such stilly options as being able to watch the director watch a bunch of t.v. screens like on the Boston DVD.

Give us the whole concert! Even better, film a couple shows and if anything else shows up, put it as an extra.

...speaking of extras, how bout some good behind the scenes footage or something with band interviews and all that.

Please just tape one show and let that be it. Don't tape four shows and try to cut and paste what you/the band think are the best performances. Contrary to what the band sometimes think, their live releases don't have to be perfect performance-wise. I'd like to see something that looks more natural and real than something that looks so manufactured like the Boston DVD.

Give Bono a pimple check.

Make sure they shave.

Fairly choose the ellipse audience, like they did in Vancouver(all 3 shows)

Show interraction between the band members and their instrument techies.

Have cameras attached to the instruments for a song on two.

U2FP

namkcuR said:
Please just tape one show and let that be it. Don't tape four shows and try to cut and paste what you/the band think are the best performances. Contrary to what the band sometimes think, their live releases don't have to be perfect performance-wise. I'd like to see something that looks more natural and real than something that looks so manufactured like the Boston DVD.

w0rd.

And the show they should tape is May 7th :D

not make it into a cinema production. Think slane, not boston.

And dont add extra lights - just use exposure compensation if necesary

All I really want is an UNCUT show.

Well... if not fully uncut, just please include EVERY song. Maybe you don't realise it, but no official U2 release has ever included every song!

Pretty please make sure to show close-ups of the instrument being played during any "solos".

Also, more Adam and Larry and less of Bono's fillings! :wink:

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
All I really want is an UNCUT show.

Well... if not fully uncut, just please include EVERY song. Maybe you don't realise it, but no official U2 release has ever included every song!
Slane included the entire thing, its just that Mysterious Ways was put on there as a bonus track. My theory for that, goes like this. Mysterious Ways only includes the PCM Stereo track, no DTS and no Dolby. I figure they probably were running low on space on the DVD, and ended up deciding to take out a song to save space, but realized they could still fit it if they didn't include the extra audio tracks. So they put the one they felt didn't "fit" as well as the rest in there, cut it from the main video, and to please the fans left it in, but only with PCM Stereo.

similar to bono's sunglasses camera from boston, we need an edge cam. preferably a little camera fixed on the end of edge's guitar.

explorer said:
similar to bono's sunglasses camera from boston, we need an edge cam. preferably a little camera fixed on the end of edge's guitar.

Imagining the camera angle as Edge threw the guitar at the end of 'Gone' -'Oh shit, we're flying!!! lol :wink:

All I'd like to see is just a show. No fancy productions, no artistic shots (ie the girl with the rose during "Bad"), quick pans, don't splice together a show and don't edit a single one. Leave the mistakes in as it just adds to the charm of the evening.. Don't look to make a movie, just look to film a show. Don't get me wrong...I LOVED the Boston DVD and I LOVED the Slane DVD. My personal "official" Elevation tour DVD is the 11-8-01 Las Vegas three cam shot. I've probably watched that one more than the two official ones.

If they did want to go for extras I say keep it like the Boston DVD. Be able to isolate a camera angle, do the one in Bono's sunglasses, even the thing in the control room was cool.

They were FILMING(rather than videotape) in Vancouver.

Is this the only show they've fully filmed beyond the the R&H footage? This excludes music vids.

u2fp

mofo82 said:

Imagining the camera angle as Edge threw the guitar at the end of 'Gone' -'Oh shit, we're flying!!! lol :wink:

:lmao: brilliant.

They should interview fans in the GA line...I won't be in it, but c'mon, wouldn't you love to be on DVD? :D

AtomicBono said:

:lmao: brilliant.

They should interview fans in the GA line...I won't be in it, but c'mon, wouldn't you love to be on DVD? :D

Good idea, similiar to what Depeche Mode did for their Paris DVD.

Back
Top Bottom