Hamish, if you read this post, please try to do the following on the Chicago DVD:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IF you choose "accidentaly" to shoot in Chicago 3 (oh, look.. it's Bono's birthday.. what a coincidence)... try to put the "birthday song/Party Girl" and/or chants from the crowd IN the DVD.. not an extra.. please

that is... If you shoot Chi-3

remember the bit where you cut off Pride at the end of the set Hamish, remember it well. Now don't do it again.

(I don't mean the song, because it was the set closer and was cut, it goes suddenly from Bono kneeling in the dark to the band leaving the stage in the light)

if i may add a comment to Hamish Hamilton, it would be this: please, please, please do NOT implement the switching of camera angles every 0.25 seconds. it's annoying.

RA-D said:
remember the bit where you cut off Pride at the end of the set Hamish, remember it well. Now don't do it again.

(I don't mean the song, because it was the set closer and was cut, it goes suddenly from Bono kneeling in the dark to the band leaving the stage in the light)

no offense to RA-D, but that probably won't happen. :(

the only "complete" release is the Elevation Slane DVD, with Mysterious Ways as a "bonus track." how can a "bonus track" be from the same show?

Techie2000 said:
Slane included the entire thing, its just that Mysterious Ways was put on there as a bonus track. My theory for that, goes like this. Mysterious Ways only includes the PCM Stereo track, no DTS and no Dolby. I figure they probably were running low on space on the DVD, and ended up deciding to take out a song to save space, but realized they could still fit it if they didn't include the extra audio tracks. So they put the one they felt didn't "fit" as well as the rest in there, cut it from the main video, and to please the fans left it in, but only with PCM Stereo.

you're probably correct in your theory, Techie2000.

unfortunately, U2 is still including DTS sound tracks on their DVDs, which a lot of people claim are very poor mixes. clearly, U2 isn't thrilled with the surround sound mixes either, otherwise they wouldn't be so hell bent on PCM stereo tracks on their releases.

i say, if they feel it necessary to have 3 audio tracks, then do like Springsteen did on the Barcelona DVD and split it onto 2 discs. there, problem solved. 18+ GB of space, which is MUCH more than needed to fit a 20 song setlist with 3 audio tracks.

When you capture filming the audience during the concert ... do NOT forget about the fans who are in the 300 section nosebleed seats ... as they will be even further away ... but screaming overly-excited as well ... :applaud:

Miricale_Drug said:
not make it into a cinema production. Think slane, not boston.

And dont add extra lights - just use exposure compensation if necesary

I disagree. Try and remake Raging Bull when you're doing it. And ask the boys if they could play Until The End Of The World. Say it's your favourite song or something. Just get it in there!

coldplayfan777 said:

no offense to RA-D, but that probably won't happen. :(

the only "complete" release is the Elevation Slane DVD, with Mysterious Ways as a "bonus track." how can a "bonus track" be from the same show?

isn't the bonus track from the night before? I don't mind the omission of Pride so much, it's just so damned obvious in the Boston film.

:no: Noooooooooo!!! Not until the end of the world AGAIN!!!! Not that I don't like it...but it could do with sitting on the sidelines for a while to make space for some less predictable numbers. :reject:

Hopefully this DVD will not have as many close up of the band members as in Boston!

For me, to recreate the concert experience, does not involve Bono's face full screen 50% of the time....once in a while but that much...

reallly! Who is that close to Bono in the concerts ?!

because most of us are many many feet away from the stage and with the sometime spectacular light show, I would like to see more of the whole stage and even with a lot of the crowd!!

Also showing the crowd more will help with the effect...specially when they are involve (singing)...seeing the band/stage all the time looks more like their in studio...

Because of those 2 reasons, I was disapointed in the Elevation dvd in Boston! Great show! But it did not remind me much of my own experience as I did not see Bono's nosehair from where I was standing...but I did see and hear most of the crowd sing, clap and dance!

wait a minute... I LOVE THE FAST CLIPPING IN I WILL FOLOW.. keep on doing that, especialy fot THE FLY... don't listen to them :madspit:

Back
Top Bottom