Gothenburg Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Vertigo
2. I Will Follow
3. Electric Co.
(I Can't Stand The Rain snippet)
4. Elevation
5. NYD
6. Beautiful Day
7. I Still Haven't
8. All I Want Is You
9. City Of Blinding Lights
10. Miracle Drug

kellyahern said:

Okay . . .

*And back in 1980, people bitched about it too!*

I didn't say it would be a good joke . . .

Back in 1980 U2 didn't have 11 studio albums behind them, an ocean of B-sides and side projects and so on......

kellyahern said:

Okay . . .

*And back in 1980, people bitched about it too!*

I didn't say it would be a good joke . . .

I certainly wouldn't have bitched when they did 11 O'clock Tick Tock twice! :rockon:

Miringeltje said:

Yeah, specially since you're in Washington, DC!
Only teasing with ya, U2@NYC

I will always be a Newyorker at heart... :wink:

halebopp2_js_big.jpg

Axver said:

You're quite right. Bullet seems to be a favourite of U2, I guess it always seems appropriate to the message they're trying to send, and Streets is the 'holy' song. WOWY's made every tour too.

One, UTEOTW, and Mysterious Ways have never missed a tour either. In fact, One hasn't missed a single show since its debut.

How many 'hits' do people think U2 should play in a concert?

We all know they need to play their hits since there are so many casual fans in the crowd even those who go just because U2 are an 'event' (they annoy me the most), if they didn't play their hits the crowds energy would just go and they would lose interest......

Ok i would go with them keeping Streets that can never really go away...One i suppose can stay because well its big everywhere, everyone knows it...Beautiful Day and Elevation can stay for me, they have only been played for one tour anyway, I Will Follow/Out of Control and New Years Day i do not mind staying at all either and The Fly can stay as long as the hell it wants....ok those are the songs to me that i think would need to stay to keep a shows energy...otherwise i think U2 should be able to mess around a bit more with the rest of the setlist.

LJT said:

We all know they need to play their hits since there are so many casual fans in the crowd even those who go just because U2 are an 'event' (they annoy me the most), if they didn't play their hits the crowds energy would just go and they would lose interest......

Ok i would go with them keeping Streets that can never really go away...One i suppose can stay because well its big everywhere, everyone knows it...Beautiful Day and Elevation can stay for me, they have only been played for one tour anyway, I Will Follow/Out of Control and New Years Day i do not mind staying at all either and The Fly can stay as long as the hell it wants....ok those are the songs to me that i think would need to stay to keep a shows energy...otherwise i think U2 should be able to mess around a bit more with the rest of the setlist.

Well ... the problem is that many of the people attending a show, especially in a huge 20,000 seater arena or 60,000 seater stadium, are casual fans who probably have JT, AB, and the Best Ofs, and maybe the latest two discs. There's a lot more casual fans to satisfy than if they're playing to 5,000 or 10,000 people. I'd say have eight set spots for new stuff, 10 for hits/popular songs, and 6-7 for less common tunes, the rotatable rarities slots. I think that keeps everyone happy (especially because while some of us don't want SOME of that 10, like Pride, we DO want, say, UTEOTW or NYD).

LJT said:

You have to bear in mind that those casual fans mainly go to the concert to listen With or without you.

U2@NYC said:

And a proud Argentine as well... !

Seems you've taken to your adopted country much more than I've taken to mine!

I'm a proud Wellingtonian and New Zealander, but I bloody hate the Gold Coast and I'm not too enthusiastic about Australia in general.

To quote my LiveJournal recently about the Gold Coast: "... this useless piece of materialistic coastline that should fall off the side of Australia and come to rest under the waves. This is seriously the single worst city I have ever encountered in my life - though if you're a mindless teenybopper, I'm sure you'll love it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom