Good shot of The Edge's Rig and Vertigo Guitar...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just circles. It's a Line 6 Guitar Variax 700. Amazing it's an acoustic guitar! He also uses the same type of guitar on LAPOE but it's a shiny/silver guitar.

Awesome pic of his pedal board! Thanks!

Wow, Edge is using a Variax...I used to clown those but now he makes it cool. :lol:

That pedal board doesn't look like a Bob Bradshaw. I wonder if it was completely custom built?

Ladera Heights said:
Wow, Edge is using a Variax...I used to clown those but now he makes it cool. :lol:

I'm the same way. I couldn't believe it when he started using one. And he uses it for some of the more rocking songs too. Kind of weird IMO to use an acoustic guitar for The Fly, granted he makes it sound like he's using an electrick, but still. He needs to go back to the Strat with the snake on it. We haven't seen that guitar since Zoo TV.

I've been puzzled in general about why he has moved away from the strat over time; it seems so suited to his style. Last night the only strat I can recall seeing for the whole show was the sunburst finished one late in the show for maybe one song.

He does sound great on a tele though -- I hadn't seen the one he was playing last night before; it almost looked brand new; off the shelf single pickup american tele (well, from 80 feet away or so that's what I thought :0)). I think he played a tele during the RR Hall of Fame show, but it was a different one from the one I saw last night.

regularguy said:
I've been puzzled in general about why he has moved away from the strat over time; it seems so suited to his style. Last night the only strat I can recall seeing for the whole show was the sunburst finished one late in the show for maybe one song.

He does sound great on a tele though -- I hadn't seen the one he was playing last night before; it almost looked brand new; off the shelf single pickup american tele (well, from 80 feet away or so that's what I thought :0)). I think he played a tele during the RR Hall of Fame show, but it was a different one from the one I saw last night.

He played a Strat on Pride (the sunburst one you mention) and he played the black and white one on Bullet at SJ2. The tele he used is the same one he used on SBS on the Elevation tour (I think, but am not positive). I wonder what ever happened to the all black strat he had. That was a sick guitar!

I remember reading once that Edge is really not that picky about guitars and usually just the stock versions are fine with him. He doesn't really get custom made guitars. He'll get custom paint jobs, but not a strat with different pickups, bridges, etc. He does use a lot of vintage stuff though, but who can blame him. Those guitars are sick. Especially his Les Paul Custom! That thing is amazing!! He absolutely rips on that thing. Every time I see it I :drool:. That will be my next guitar purchase, a beat up Les Paul Custom. Which means I won't be buying a new guitar for a long time. :D

EDIT - Anyone else notice the new Rickenbacker he's using this tour for MW? Nice wood color instead of the normal black or red.

Cool, though i'm a huge fan of the red Rickenbacker he used for MW on Elevation if I recall.

OffAxis said:

He played a Strat on Pride (the sunburst one you mention) and he played the black and white one on Bullet at SJ2. The tele he used is the same one he used on SBS on the Elevation tour (I think, but am not positive). I wonder what ever happened to the all black strat he had. That was a sick guitar!

I remember reading once that Edge is really not that picky about guitars and usually just the stock versions are fine with him. He doesn't really get custom made guitars. He'll get custom paint jobs, but not a strat with different pickups, bridges, etc. He does use a lot of vintage stuff though, but who can blame him. Those guitars are sick. Especially his Les Paul Custom! That thing is amazing!! He absolutely rips on that thing. Every time I see it I :drool:. That will be my next guitar purchase, a beat up Les Paul Custom. Which means I won't be buying a new guitar for a long time. :D

EDIT - Anyone else notice the new Rickenbacker he's using this tour for MW? Nice wood color instead of the normal black or red.

Edge uses the original blackie strat on Streets for this tour. Fuckin sweet.

Back
Top Bottom