Good news for Latin American fans!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vorsprung

War Child
I don't know if this has already been posted here. But anyway, I think this subject deserves its own post.

Bono before "One" in San Diego: "And our friends who came in from Mexico; We love you too, see you next year!"

Does this mean that U2 will be touring Mexico/Latin America next year. For all the lovely people and my friends in Latin America: I so truly hope so!!!!

PS: I know they played in Mexico during the North American Popmart leg, but I think North America probably had enough shows after legs 1 & 3, so it seems more logical to include Mexico in a Latin American leg.

:hmm: see U2 two times... but that's a very vague posibility (they coming to Mexico)

Huh!?!?! Why would you NOT want them to go to Mexico?

The origional reason why they have not played Mexico has nothing to do with the country or the fans. It is simply because one of the most beloved people on their crew over the years, former band security chief Jerry Mele, (head of their bodyguards and such),recieved a serious head wound from the security force for the then-President's son, who was attending the show. Thet supposedly pistol-whipped him or something. This was during Popmart. He has not been at a U2 tour since, and both the fans and the band really miss him, those who knew him.

You many find out a lot more about Jerry in Bill Flanagan's book "U2 At the End of the World." I think his family set up a website for him too. If you know anything about Jerry, whatever happened was defenitely NOT his fault.

Last edited:
Actually it has nothing to do with that incident, the main problem is because the last tours in USA has been in arenas, and there's not an arena that fills the requirementes that this U2 shows demand, Paul MacGuinness have stated that it would need to be an stadium show, so for now we will have to wait and see, if a 5th leg of the tour, in latinamerica becomes a reallity.

what rafmed said, the big deal isn't "the incident", but we don't have that kind of arenas

Back
Top Bottom