God Help U2 tonight....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
wow they must REALLY be looking forward to tonight hey? knowing that all the "die hards" will be there, pipe in hand, anaorak on, ready to pass a judgement if they miss one note in a song, bet there will be someone clocking how many laps bono does around the catwalk, how many times he stops the show just to say hi, because obviously thats what makes the feeling of a U2 concert right? thats obviously what turns the audience on more than the music right? bono stopping, having a gab? never mind the music noooo, bono just best have a nice long chat thats what makes it a "religeous" experience, or so some reviews would have us belive,

me personally i think its just bollocks and they should just carry on rocking

FUCK THE REVOLUTION, simply because some people on this board have become the revoloution

yep i am an evertonian,

and oh look getting beat down for trying to defend the band,

while i may not agree with how harsh KUEFC092 was i do agree with the sentiment......seems that people have become a bit overcritical of this tour and that the band is off their game just because theyre not seeing something they saw on elevation or zoo tv............just enjoy people it aint gonna last much longer!

FUIrish said:
while i may not agree with how harsh KUEFC092 was i do agree with the sentiment......seems that people have become a bit overcritical of this tour and that the band is off their game just because theyre not seeing something they saw on elevation or zoo tv............just enjoy people it aint gonna last much longer!
thanks for the backup :), but thats the whole point of what i said, people are blaming the band for the "feeling" not being there, maybe just maybe they should look at themselves?

Yeah. Try being on the Wire list these days and reading the utter pissy crap.

These people seem to have forgotten all the drama that happened in the u2 camp just 3 months ago. They should damned well remember that we are even lucky to be getting a tour at all.

While the band are far from perfect (but then, perfection by U2 is just a myth) they are human....

I want a ham sandwich, and I WANT IT NOW!!!!!

Oh, sorry. I was just enjoying some U2 on my iTunes and realized I was vastly unsatisfied.

:wink:

Yep, A lot of the criticism has come from long time fans who have seen the band throughout the years and have placed them on the pedestal. They have remembered in their minds when U2 was at their peak and somehow, something doesn't quite measure up this time. We have heard it all, Bono's voice isn't what it used to be. Folks, nobody is in their prime forever. We need to enjoy U2 while we can cause their ain't no one out there better right now and U2 still rocks mightily!

well in the face of all this negativity, here is a positive story about a fan who loved the show

this is a snippet from willies tour diary:

Later in the show, another random audience member salvaged my night. Each show, when I’ve finished gathering the surveillance images of the audience I leave the surveillance cameras running. I have been shooting more footage of the band for my rival DVD, so I leave the system on. Just by chance, in one of the camera shots, I happened to notice a guy aged maybe 30, who was jumping around more than his neighbours. Smasher noticed it too, so we zoomed in and I have rarely seen a human being more transported by pure joy than this guy. If he’d smiled any wider his head would have fallen off. I kept the camera on him, because it was so uplifting to watch him. His unguarded delight in every moment, every note, really helped me forget about the upset of Asshole Dad. By the time we got to ‘Streets’, our new friend on camera was practically in tears. Smasher and I were laughing, but only because it was so utterly delightful to see another human being in a state of such complete bliss, living utterly in the moment. Plus of course we know what’s about to happen, so can watch him react. Jumping up and down, singing, waving his arms about. Its was just wonderful. We had no idea where he was in the building, we’ll never meet or see him again, but what a privilege to have a job that possesses the capability of making complete strangers so happy.

i love that little passage. all of willies entries from chicago are pretty interesting, id suggest checking them out if you have the access to

I'm lucky to be one of the long time fans (1st show 1981) who has always been able to enjoy today's show, not the one from last tour or 4 tours ago.

I thought this was an interesting entry in Willie's Diary.

Later in the show, another random audience member salvaged my night. Each show, when I’ve finished gathering the surveillance images of the audience I leave the surveillance cameras running. I have been shooting more footage of the band for my rival DVD, so I leave the system on. Just by chance, in one of the camera shots, I happened to notice a guy aged maybe 30, who was jumping around more than his neighbours. Smasher noticed it too, so we zoomed in and I have rarely seen a human being more transported by pure joy than this guy. If he’d smiled any wider his head would have fallen off. I kept the camera on him, because it was so uplifting to watch him. His unguarded delight in every moment, every note, really helped me forget about the upset of Asshole Dad. By the time we got to ‘Streets’, our new friend on camera was practically in tears. Smasher and I were laughing, but only because it was so utterly delightful to see another human being in a state of such complete bliss, living utterly in the moment. Plus of course we know what’s about to happen, so can watch him react. Jumping up and down, singing, waving his arms about. Its was just wonderful. We had no idea where he was in the building, we’ll never meet or see him again, but what a privilege to have a job that possesses the capability of making complete strangers so happy.

edited to say: I guess Chizip and I had the same thought.:wink:

great story there, but thats the thing, no doubt if he is a member of a message board somewhere, he will have someone trying to tell him that the show was actually "it was good but not great by U2 standards" even though he thought it was, and we cant deny thats whats happening, someone seems to come on with something positive, then there thread is overtaken by people telling them that the show was cack

well hopefully he will not care what other people say and realize that the only thing that matters is that he loved the show

and i must say the fact that ramblin rose and i posted the exact same passage from willies diary at the exact same time is one of the biggest coincidences in the history of coincidences

Last edited:
Chizip said:

and i must say that ramblin rose and i posted the exact same passage from willies diary at the exact same time is one of the biggest coincidences in the history of coincidences

:ohmy:

that is weird

I read that earlier and LOVED it... Also loved the picture that was posted and I now sport as my AV and Banner :drool:

And people, watch out... much like Willie, I believe Chizip has hidden cameras on all of us and knows what we type... This is the second weird coincidence today :shifty:

Last edited:
Chizip said:

and i must say that ramblin rose and i posted the exact same passage from willies diary at the exact same time is one of the biggest coincidences in the history of coincidences

Very spooky :shifty:

That's a great story though (Willie's diary entry). I need to remember to check that out more often.

Thank you (both of you :) ) for posting it :up: .

Great sig Miroslava :bow:

67df9135.jpg

I guess the guy in the middle is Willie? :lol:

edited to add:

:drool: cake
5a7d2ea3.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going tomorrow night to NJ 2. I might just be that guy.

Hey Willie, look for Numb1075, I will be in bliss too !

U2DMfan said:
damn KUEFC09U2, are you THIS insecure?
no, not in the slightest, but when your reading through some of the crap that gets posted, even in the positive threads, then kinda makes you feel like crap

Kelly, it is Bruce Ramus (sp?)

There was a lot of ‘hurry up and hang around’ going on, so during the down time I sat out at the mix position finishing my tribute to Soviet Propaganda. It’s very funny, but looks wonderful up on the pixel panels. When I shot the video footage of all the band members yesterday, I’d used Bruce as a stand-in to set up the shots. Finding myself slightly at a loose end, I made a second version of the ‘gang of four’ band image with Bruce right in the middle. Oh how we laughed.

My apologies to the dude, but he had no business on my banner :p

Chizip said:
and i must say the fact that ramblin rose and i posted the exact same passage from willies diary at the exact same time is one of the biggest coincidences in the history of coincidences

:crack: Pretty strange.

Back
Top Bottom