Getting Video cameras in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcrt2000

Refugee
I'm just wondering, how hard do you guys think it would be to get a (mini?)DV cam into the show to record? theres quite a few of us going to the toronto shows on different days, and it would be great if we could get a couple of recordings every night, and then maybe merge them together for a multi-cam mix, but i'm worried that it would be hard to get them in...

edit: wow i passed 1000 posts and i didn't even notice :huh:

Last edited:
my nikon cam can record acceptable quality video for as long as the memory card allows.

based on the policy, i should have no problem getting it in. i think i'll enjoy the show rather than 'film' it.

its off the topic a little, but i love youre username, kobayashi.

greatest movie ever.

The ushers in San Diego did not really check my purse very well. Don't know if that's the promoter or the venues doing. Some venues actually check everywhere possible while others don't. You can try to take it in just leave plenty of time to take it back to your car if they say no. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I brought in two cameras and an MP3 player. I shot four rolls of film and recorded the entire concert and no one bothered me at all. Go for I say!

Someone behind me got taken away by security in the ellipse for taping. :huh: The guard in front of me kept eyeballing me when I was just using my LCD screen as my view finder to take pictures, I think he thought I was taping at first. :shifty:

karmic_postmark said:
Someone behind me got taken away by security in the ellipse for taping. :huh: The guard in front of me kept eyeballing me when I was just using my LCD screen as my view finder to take pictures, I think he thought I was taping at first. :shifty:

are you sure it was for taping? or was the person not wearing the wristband?... or maybe they pay more attention to people taping close to the band? would like some opinion of expert bootleggers :huh:

Im planing on having my friend put my digital camera in her purse for the LA show. What are the chances of:

A) It being found by checking the inside of her purse?

B) The camera being taking away if noticed?

or C) Just the batteries or the memory card being confinscated?:ohmy:

men - shove a cam down your pants....or strap it to your inner theigh and say you are wearing an urinary leg bag...

most of the camcorders that record to sd cards and the like are very small....

if you are going to any of the boston shows - pm or email me - i can get your camera in via my wheelchair 8^)

uppitycrip said:
men - shove a cam down your pants....or strap it to your inner theigh and say you are wearing an urinary leg bag...

most of the camcorders that record to sd cards and the like are very small....

if you are going to any of the boston shows - pm or email me - i can get your camera in via my wheelchair 8^)

The crotch technique is the way to go for guys. Thats how i get cameras into shows. If it is one of the smaller handheld DV cam's there should be no problem.

just a bonus that it makes the area look bigger.

I didn't fully trust security in Anaheim to comply with U2 in allowing cameras so I cut a slit in the inner lining of my purse and slid my digital camera inside. That would probably work for a smaller video cam too (I don't know if you are a guy or a girl so I guess if you're a guy, you would need the assistance of a female to do this) :wink:

Back
Top Bottom