GENERAL SALE: The Official "I Got Tickets" Thread! - POST HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2 GA for Boston 2
Managed to get nothing for Boston 3. Either it sold out after a couple minutes or I wasn't paying attention.

what a bloody fucking mess!!!something really wrong somewhere...i get 1 ticket for brussels but i realise how lucky i am!!!spent long time for finally have a really back ticket!!!how can 50.000 places can be sale on 3 hours!!!

i was super lucky. i got 2 ga's for SD. today, after bungling on the net, i called and got seats for chicago 1. then i tried for more ga's for SD. i had them, (just wanted to try and then let them go. i found it was just like the old days in '87 trying to get tickets....dial, hang up, redial, hang up, redial, etc.

i miss propaganda.

Wow, congratulations to everyone who got GA tickets! It's good to see a lot of fans ending up with them instead of brokers.

I tried for every show today. I ended up with...

Denver I - 2 tix in Sect. 102, Row 22 --> pretty good seats

San Diego II - 2 tix in Terrace 3, Row 11 --> these are amazingly good seats! I couldn't believe it and kept checking the seating chart over and over again.

Don't know what I'm gonna do yet. Can't really afford to travel for both shows. I think I'm gonna pick one city and try to do both shows in that city, then sell the other tix.

I got 2 tickets club level for Denver

I waited for 3 hours at the Ticketmaster and right before 10, the guy said the printer didn't work and they couldn't sell tickets. So my dad (barely) got them online

got tickets

managed to get 4 GA tickets....unfortunatly the are for twickenham (london) I hope there is a heck of an airfair sale....Got the tickets because i ate some bad smoked salmon so my stomach was upset and i couldnt sleep it was 3am in Green Bay

I got 2 GAs for San Diego #2 the instant the 2nd show was added!!!

I couldn't believe it! I was just waiting for any of the many errors I got seconds before to come back:

Access to our ticketing system is currently limited.
Please try again at a later time.

There was a problem processing your request. We
apologize for any inconvenience.

(0x100084)

If you submitted an order, and are not sure if it went
through please check Order History or contact
Customer Service.

But I lucked out!

24 May, Boston - 300-level nosebleeds
26 May, Boston - GA
28 May, Boston - GA

I'm so incredibly ecstatic!

matt_tx00 said:
Wow, congratulations to everyone who got GA tickets! It's good to see a lot of fans ending up with them instead of brokers.

I tried for every show today. I ended up with...

Denver I - 2 tix in Sect. 102, Row 22 --> pretty good seats

San Diego II - 2 tix in Terrace 3, Row 11 --> these are amazingly good seats! I couldn't believe it and kept checking the seating chart over and over again.

Don't know what I'm gonna do yet. Can't really afford to travel for both shows. I think I'm gonna pick one city and try to do both shows in that city, then sell the other tix.

Ah yes, upon closer inspection, the San Diego tix aren't quite as good as I thought. They're actually in the very top section. But still pretty good seats as they're right in front of the stage.

One ticket to the Philly 5/22 show. Section 104 row 8. I hope this is a decent view.

2 GA for Anaheim :wink:

1 is already spoken for as Im giving it to a friend of mine that lives out there, the other is up for trade (for Philly 5/14) in the What do you have section.

Last edited:
1 GA for San Jose on April 10th......got the confirmation e-mail, so now I'm waiting for the one with the ticket.

WOOOO HOOOOO! I GOT TICKETS, BARELY! THEY SOLD OUT IN 20 MINUTES, 1ST SHOW IN SAN JOSE! SAN JOSE SHOW SEC. 115 ROW 1 YIPPEEEEEEE! SUNDAY APRIL 10TH. THEY HAVE ADDED SHOWS TO EVERY STOP. KEEP THE POSITIVE OUTLOOK AND KEEP TRYING! SEE YA AT THE SHOW!

Hey, I got 2 GA tickets from the pre-sale to San Jose on April 9. THEN, I got three GA tickets from the regular sale for Denver on April 20. Both of these sale are from ticketmaster.com. Only afterwards did I see the fine print saying 2 GA ticket limit. Does this mean they are going to cancel the Denver tickets I ordered? Whn I log on to check my order, it acts as if everything is fine and dandy.

I am not trying to horde tickets, I just want 4 GA tickets for my three friends and myself to go.

Any comments/suggestions?

I GOT 2 GAs for San Jose 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was complete luck as not even the first person in line at the outlet today got GAs for the first show!

My Tour Right Now!:
San Diego 28/3 : LL17, row 5, seat 12
San Diego 30/3 : T21C, row 8, seat 9
Anahiem 1/4 : 437, row A, seat 13
Anahiem 2/4 : 436, row M, seat 6

Now to somehow get to Los Angeles.

bort269 said:
I GOT 2 GAs for San Jose 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was complete luck as not even the first person in line at the outlet today got GAs for the first show!

Somebody's credit card must have been declined. Lucky you.

trumpy said:
Hey, I got 2 GA tickets from the pre-sale to San Jose on April 9. THEN, I got three GA tickets from the regular sale for Denver on April 20. Both of these sale are from ticketmaster.com. Only afterwards did I see the fine print saying 2 GA ticket limit. Does this mean they are going to cancel the Denver tickets I ordered? Whn I log on to check my order, it acts as if everything is fine and dandy.

I am not trying to horde tickets, I just want 4 GA tickets for my three friends and myself to go.

Any comments/suggestions?

The limit is 2 per show in the General sale, call Ticketmaster and see if you cancel one of the Denver tickets, or they may void the whole transaction.

The transactions are audited before printing and depending on shipping method you chose, the audit will likely happen early this week.

Can someone explain the seating for a GA ticket? Mine says GA Floor, Row G12, Seat 763........I'm guessing the GA tickets are numbered just so they can keep track? :eyebrow:

bonosleftone said:
Exactly, ignore seating position if you have a GA ticket.

Are you sure they're not gonna draw 2' x 2' squares in chalk on the floor and assign spots that way?

speedracer said:

Are you sure they're not gonna draw 2' x 2' squares in chalk on the floor and assign spots that way?

Well, I don't have to wait outside for a spot then.........:huh:

2x2 though.........there might be some fans that will have trouble with that.......

BigMacPhisto said:

Well, I don't have to wait outside for a spot then.........:huh:

2x2 though.........there might be some fans that will have trouble with that.......

Well, that's approximately how much room I had to move around when I had a GA ticket last time. Wasn't too uncomfortable. Then again, I'm a fairly skinny guy.

U2 TICKETS @ CARDIFF - BLOCK OF THREE SEATS TOGETHER. 3 TICKETS TO THE SOLD OUT U2 GIG @ THE MILLENNIUM STADIUM CARDIFF ON 29th JUNE 05. TICKETS ARE LOCATED IN SECTION U32 WHICH GIVES A CRACKING VIEW OF THE MAIN STAGE sean_bwfc@yahoo.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom