Gelsenkirchen Setlist Party II !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Niceman said:

Stuck in A Moment?

Still haven't Found What You're Looking for?

Try PITNOL, The Miracle Drug because Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own...

Now available in a generic prescription that's Even Better Than The Real Thing...

Side effects may include Vertigo, NUMBness, Tripping through wires, An Cat Dubh/ Into the Heart, and um...Billy Boola.

Please contact your physician immediately if Slug, Corpse, or the United Colors of Plutonium result...you may be suffering from a rare side project and should discontinue use immediately!!!

:lmao: :lmao:

you really have put some time in this haven't you?:wink:

ramblin rose said:

Hate to say it, but the problem at MSG was that a large part of the audience left after the first encore because they had to catch the LIRR because of some problem that night. I thought that absolutely sucked.

I was one of those people who left. I hope you don't think that I "suck" because I ran for the train. Believe me, I was heartsick over having to miss the end of the show.

I don't think all that many people left, though. I could be wrong, but on my train (11:42 pm to Huntington) I didn't see many concert-goers.

Again, if I'd had the stamina to switch from a train onto a bus onto another train to get home, I would have stayed. But as a 40+ who often feels every second of her age, I have to take it easier than I'd like sometimes...and this was one of those times...

Niceman said:

Stuck in A Moment?

Still haven't Found What You're Looking for?

Try PITNOL, The Miracle Drug because Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own...

Now available in a generic prescription that's Even Better Than The Real Thing...

Side effects may include Vertigo, NUMBness, Tripping through wires, An Cat Dubh/ Into the Heart, and um...Billy Boola.

Please contact your physician immediately if Slug, Corpse, or the United Colors of Plutonium result...you may be suffering from a rare side project and should discontinue use immediately!!!

brilliant. :bow: :bow:

Diane L said:

I was one of those people who left. I hope you don't think that I "suck" because I ran for the train. Believe me, I was heartsick over having to miss the end of the show.

I don't think all that many people left, though. I could be wrong, but on my train (11:42 pm to Huntington) I didn't see many concert-goers.

Again, if I'd had the stamina to switch from a train onto a bus onto another train to get home, I would have stayed. But as a 40+ who often feels every second of her age, I have to take it easier than I'd like sometimes...and this was one of those times...

Not all all, I understood it completely. Unfortunately around me a lot of people left, if fact in my whole section there were maybe 5 people left. At first I didn't understand, until I read on here what had happened. I think it sucked that the LIRR decided to do something like that on a Saturday night, instead of during the week.

Last edited:
ramblin rose said:

Not all all, I understood it completely. Unfortunately around me a lot of people left, if fact in my whole section there were maybe 5 people left. At first I didn't understand, until I read on here what had happened.

Thank you for clearing that up. :hug:

I still owe the LIRR a letter asking why in God's name did they schedule this track work at a time when more customers than usual on a Sunday morning would be traveling due to a major event at MSG.

Oh goodness, I totally forgot this show was even on! I guess I'm having too much of a good time here.

Now to track down the set ...

PARTY GIRL? Nice! Also cool to see WOWY in the set - this song's worth having in the set for the first time since ZooTV. Also interesting to see they changed up the opening sequence - personally, I prefer the idea of UTEOTW but I haven't even heard any bootlegs yet so I can't make much of a judgement.

I am disappointed at the repeat of Vertigo, though. Every once in a while, it's fun. But now, all three of U2's most recent shows have featured two performances of Vertigo. I don't like it, but eh, most people there tend to really enjoy it.

I'm gladdened to read on U2Tours.com that Crumbs, AIWIY, and WGRYWH were rehearsed earlier.

Funny one niceman! Just got home to read part 2 of the party. Sorry I missed it. Forgot there was a show today. Glad you all had fun (until Vertigo2 that is). Party Girl? In a stadium show? Cool :hyper: Can't wait to hear it! Off to the stores again!

:wave:

Some sinple but effective advice for the boys...
You want a super powerful ending - chuck Vertigo2 and go with an all time classic rocker "Out Of Control"...then "Bad" and "40".

I've been to the Schalke-Show last night and it was great.

In case it hasn't been posted yet: Bono said something about the special occasion seeing that the night before the debt being cancelled it would be a good reason to play PARTY GIRL! :drool:

It was great, stop complaining about Vertigo x2 and everything, it was really breathtaking, believe me.

Although Bono messed up the Party Girl lyrics...

Last edited:
yep gelsenkirchen, great show! pictures and more stuff coming up soon (from me). but now i have a flight to catch, so later.

i actually like it even more now that i know its pissing some people off, i bet you thats U2's intention just to piss people off on purpose, never mind that it could be a song that they have fallen in love with, and just love playing both the rocking version at the beggining, and then this visually monsterous version at the end with all the colours and shapes, god help them for loving something for a change

Back
Top Bottom