GA question- ellipse= heart?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Okay, I've asked in other threads and been ignored, I'm going to have to come right out and say it- is this 'ellipse' the same thing as the Elevation 'heart' and does it work the same way? Does Bono run around it? Can GA people choose to stand in front of the stage or the inside/outside of it?

Sorry to be lame, haven't been on much lately, no time to search all the long threads and stories. Any help is appreciated.

Yeah, seriously, where have you been?:wink: It's been the main subject of conversations here lately!

Ok, so yes, the 'ellipse' or the 'bomb shelter' is very similar to the Heart: it's a circular ramp that goes around the floor, and splits it up in two. About 400 people can fit in, and yes Bono and the band can walk around it.

BUT it does not work like during Elevation to get in, a lottery (and a really bad one) has replaced the first come first serve system.

Here is how it works:
There is supposed to be two lines: one for U2.com members and one for other GA ticketholders. That part is not too clear yet, but the idea is that the U2.com line is shorter, so members will have a better spot inside. But they do NOT have a better shot at the ellipse. Once you get inside the arena, your ticket will be scanned at a computer, and you have about 1 out of 10 chances to get inside the ellipse. If you win the lottery, you can bring ONE friend inside with you (so your chance are actually 1 in 5 if your have a buddy with you). It does not matter when you get there, you can get in when the doors open or at 9pm, no difference. And both lines have equal chances.

What does it mean? Well arriving early will not garantee you will get into the ellipse, but it will determine whether or not you will have a good spot outside the ellipse if you don't win the lottery.

So that's it. It sucks. It's a stupid policy. Some people like it, but most are not happy and have been complaining. It's hard to say at this point whether it will stay like that for the whole tour or not, but for now that's the policy, so we all need to live with it and adapt our plans.

Thanks very much! So the lotto is only for the inside?

I don't like the lotto idea, as I have very bad luck with them. If I can wait on the sidewalk all day I know I can do that, but I'll never win. If I can get the outside of the thing without the lotto that's the best I can hope for.

another bad thing about this lotto, wouldn't it lead to friends, or even dates and families being split up if one person wins it and the others don't? That sucks!

if you win the lotto, then you can take your friend with you. actually, if you're in a group of three and one of you wins, then the whole group can go inside, i think. that's what happened in anaheim...not sure if they'll do that for each show.

xtihn said:
if you win the lotto, then you can take your friend with you. actually, if you're in a group of three and one of you wins, then the whole group can go inside, i think. that's what happened in anaheim...not sure if they'll do that for each show.

Our group was one of the fortunate few that got to see 3/30 show in the ellipse. I can confirm the earlier comment where they were cool enough to let more than just 2 in. The ellipse was not crowded at all!

Overall, very good show from inside!! Hoping to catch more shows from inside.

Overall, very good show from inside!! Hoping to catch more shows from inside. [/B][/QUOTE]

what time did you get to the stadium? I saw another post suggesting the later you showed up, the greater your chance of being selected in the lottery

Yes, I've been AWOL, running back and forth between 2 cities, 2 homes, lots of things to take care of, not much online time. The only hope I have of seeing U2 is in the fall when they head here, and then only if I can get a scalped ticket :sigh:

I still don't like this lotto thing. It should be first come first served for everyone. And only one person per lotto winner? What if there is a group of 4 friends, who do you choose? Or your husband and kid, wtf? If it came to that the lotto winner would probaby not go themselves.

But can you still get the outside, like the outside heart tip without it? That was a cool place to be. During Elevation, 3 times I had the chance to go in the heart and chose the outside instead.

Why can't people just read the obvious threads "ellipse policy" "ELLIPSE" "ELLIPSE....ELLIPSE...." instead of starting the same thread over and over and over again.

Guinness Stout said:
Overall, very good show from inside!! Hoping to catch more shows from inside.

what time did you get to the stadium? I saw another post suggesting the later you showed up, the greater your chance of being selected in the lottery [/B][/QUOTE]

See ellipse thread
forum.interference.com/t120482.html

the outside of the ellipse is pretty cool too. i prefer it over the inside of the ellipse.

Bono's Betty said:
Why can't people just read the obvious threads "ellipse policy" "ELLIPSE" "ELLIPSE....ELLIPSE...." instead of starting the same thread over and over and over again.

I already told you, I haven't been on much and missed most everything and don't have time to search through every forum and every thread. I didn't even know it was called a fucking 'ellipse' until just a couple hours ago! :reject:

I appreciate everyone who answered nicely and posted links. I won't ask again!

Closing this thread then so we can keep all general GA/Bomb Shelter comments in the threads listed earlier..

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom